• 7(current)
(EmbER) Linux for Amlogic TV Boxes
Come this build with any file sharing server like samba or ftp? I'd like to acces to a usb disc attached to the tvbox to copy new files when i need it. Can i make this with ember build?
Does anyone have a Link to the MXQ M12 Box to buy. It appears it's hard to find and AliExpress does not have it either.

Or should I assume the HD18Q Box will work well once Fully Supported with Ember. It's available for purchase.

Thanks

Miro
I have been supplying these boxes with EmbER installed to my customers, and as approved by EmbER. However I can also no longer source these boxes so have to wait until EmbER is available on a newer replacement box.

There is an exactly the same looking MXQ M12CX now available with the new S905X 64 bit processor and 4K display chip but alas no EmbER is yet available for these boxes as yet. I have to leave that to Josh or Cory to respond here as I know we are all anxious to enjoy the benefits of EmbER Linux firmware. I am for now temporarily usign an alternative firmware with these new boxes, but I really would prefer to be able to use EmbER with its OTA updates to be honest.
Cheers
Raymw
Josh.5

Can we get Kodi v17 on Ember please.
Press THANK USER if I Help
Hi Auxbox, hope you are well mate.

I see that KODI 17.1 is still labelled as RC so I honestly do not think that the EmbER boys will release a version until a full stable release is with us and then they will have some work to do to prep the EmbER 5 update and ensure it is stable. So I would take a calculated guess that a month or two after the full release of KODI 17 whenever that will be..

AFAIK no rush for EmbER 5 just yet anyway, as I am perfectly happy with KODI 16.1 In fact looking at V17.1 Krypton I have to say I do not like the new interface very much at all. Mind you that is most likely partly due to lack of familiarity on my part, but I do understand that you can install the classic Confluence skin though I still have not tried that yet. But the default skin I think they call Estuary is horrible IMHO, and to be usable it needs a lot of cleaning up of all the unnecessary and confusing clutter. Most folks I know usign these boxes only use EmbER Linux KODI for streaming so have no need for the Library links to Movies, Music, Music Videos, TV Shows etc so those links can be removed for sure, okay very easy to do but would rather have to add any of them IF needed not the other way around..
Cheers
Raymw
(2017-03-14, 09:16)raymw Wrote: Hi Auxbox, hope you are well mate.

I see that KODI 17.1 is still labelled as RC so I honestly do not think that the EmbER boys will release a version until a full stable release is with us and then they will have some work to do to prep the EmbER 5 update and ensure it is stable. So I would take a calculated guess that a month or two after the full release of KODI 17 whenever that will be..

AFAIK no rush for EmbER 5 just yet anyway, as I am perfectly happy with KODI 16.1 In fact looking at V17.1 Krypton I have to say I do not like the new interface very much at all. Mind you that is most likely partly due to lack of familiarity on my part, but I do understand that you can install the classic Confluence skin though I still have not tried that yet. But the default skin I think they call Estuary is horrible IMHO, and to be usable it needs a lot of cleaning up of all the unnecessary and confusing clutter. Most folks I know usign these boxes only use EmbER Linux KODI for streaming so have no need for the Library links to Movies, Music, Music Videos, TV Shows etc so those links can be removed for sure, okay very easy to do but would rather have to add any of them IF needed not the other way around..

There are a few addons that require the updated version to work. Thats the only reason.
(2017-03-14, 11:42)AuXBoX Wrote:

There are a few addons that require the updated version to work. Thats the only reason.

I would be interested to know which addons. PM me if you can't mention them here.
(2017-03-14, 16:08)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 11:42)AuXBoX Wrote:

I would be interested to know which addons. PM me if you can't mention them here.

Yep me too.

Testing KODI 17 on another firmware I find a few add-ons that work in Jarvis do not in Krypton th ough this may be a dependency problem or simply a wrong setting somewhere. One thing I did find that I could not restore my KODI 16 back up to KODI 17 usign the same firmware..so had to manually reinstall all my requirted add-ons and settings etc. Now gone back to usign the Confluence skin with KODI 17 and have to say there are quite a few changes in navigating your way around compared to Confluence on Jarvis.

Ed I will call you sometiem this week as just not had time to reply to your last message and will be easier and nicer to chat.
Cheers
Raymw
I think you should be able to restore 17 from 16. I don't know all the files you have to leave out but I would only use the addons folder and the addon_data folder. Leave out the Database folder and the guisettings.xml for sure.
I'm in australia and it's just the catchup tv addons for our free to air channels need to be the latest kodi
(2017-03-16, 13:47)AuXBoX Wrote: I'm in australia and it's just the catchup tv addons for our free to air channels need to be the latest kodi

Why would they do such a stupid thing when KODI 17 is not yet officially and fully released yet ?? Still only on a Release Candidatge version 17.1 RC and surely they should make the add-ons backward compatible if at all possible.

With the BBC iPlayer well that seems to be having more problems with KODI 17 RC than with the much better tried and tested 16.1 Jarvis. Thus I am in no hurry for Krypton at all.
Cheers
Raymw
I see KODI 17.1 full release version is now out. Seems pretty stable and I have to say I have got to like the Estuary skin a little more, though be warned it is a major change in the way the GUI works. You can though always install the original Confluence skin with KODI 17.1 but I am feeling it may be well worth persevering with the new Estuary skin as it does have some merits too and more become apparent as you get more familiar with it.

So now KODI 17 Krypton is officially and fully released maybe the EmbER boys will work to bring out EmbER V5 with KODI 17.1 (or later) But it does take a lot of time and effort so be patient and enjoy KODI 16.1 for now as it is still a great stable KODI version especially along with EmbER 4. Josh/Corey any feedback on this yet Huh
Cheers
Raymw
Hi,

I have a Matrixcom GBox Midnight v2.2 with G16Ref Design. It runs MX-Linux at the Moment with Kodi 14.0 (Helix). I wanna use my box as an streming client with VUPlus-Addon. Unfortunatly it doesn't run well anymore and with an VDR it runs perfectly. So actually there seems to be a problem with that addon. As long as there is no support for Helix anymore nobody will care about the addon. So I decided to update my OS on this box first. Unfortunately there is no solution for me in sight. So I wanted to update the box with EmbER (former MX Linux).

Technical details:

Amlogic 8726-M3 A9 (Single-Core)
Mali 400 GPU
1GB RAM
4 GB ROM

Seems to be the same like Pivos_XIOS_DS

Unfortunately it will not work for me to update my System easily with TOFU (made for PIVOS-Box)

Do you have any recommodations or is it possible to flash the G02Ref or something similar. All tries for now broke at the validation point during flash...
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(EmbER) Linux for Amlogic TV Boxes0