Hello | I need some help on > iOS + Kodi + AppTV!
Hello to all. I want to start my post, saying thank you very much to Mr. “wyrm”, for your great, great work. Your skin is my all-time favorite and the one, I use. It’s simple, effective and graceful!

I use XBMC, now Kodi, for some years. I’ve it installed on my Windows / Mac machines. AppTV skin installed on all of them, of course.

I use iOS devices. For security reasons, I’ve never jailbroken them… so no XBMC for me.
Well, not until now. Last night, I picked the latest stable Kodi deb file, fired up Xcode and “sideload” the compiled application, on my iPhone and iPad. Everything worked great!

First thing to do; install AppTV skin. Well I have two problems and could use some help:

1) On the iPhone 5S, the skin scales well. Everything looks good and works really well!
The problem is on my iPad; the scale doesn’t look right; somehow it’s stretched. I think is because of the 4:3 aspect ratio. How can I resolve it? How, what do I need to edit or change to make it work well, of my iPad mini 2?

2) Second problem. I’m from Portugal so, I’ve changed the language to Portuguese.
The problem is, on the menus, I have:

Vídeos | Vídeo (again) | Séries TV | Música | Add-ons | Sistema

How do I change the repeated name?

I wanted to have on (Perfect Portuguese conversion / structure / organization):

Vídeos | Filmes | Séries TV | Músicas | Extras | Sistema

Any help would be really appreciated.

Again, thank you for taking some of your time, to develop the best skin for mobile devices; at least on my opinion,
Xanix
(2016-06-14, 18:13)Xanix Wrote: Hello to all. I want to start my post, saying thank you very much to Mr. “wyrm”, for your great, great work. Your skin is my all-time favorite and the one, I use. It’s simple, effective and graceful!
Thank you, always nice to hear from people using the skin.
Quote:First thing to do; install AppTV skin. Well I have two problems and could use some help:

1) On the iPhone 5S, the skin scales well. Everything looks good and works really well!
The problem is on my iPad; the scale doesn’t look right; somehow it’s stretched. I think is because of the 4:3 aspect ratio. How can I resolve it? How, what do I need to edit or change to make it work well, of my iPad mini 2?
I have it running on my iPad Air2 just fine. Yes there are places in the skin that might look a little strange due to running the skin at 4:3 (skin is written for 16:9 screens), but that is due mainly to the scaling I have used for some images. The scaling I have used is to keep the sizing of images constant, but the side effect is that in 4:3 things can look a bit stretched out. What parts of the skin (and in particular which views) does this seem to be a problem for you? If I know where the problem is I can direct you to what needs to be changed in the code.
Quote:2) Second problem. I’m from Portugal so, I’ve changed the language to Portuguese.
The problem is, on the menus, I have:

Vídeos | Vídeo (again) | Séries TV | Música | Add-ons | Sistema

How do I change the repeated name?

I wanted to have on (Perfect Portuguese conversion / structure / organization):

Vídeos | Filmes | Séries TV | Músicas | Extras | Sistema

Again, thank you for taking some of your time, to develop the best skin for mobile devices; at least on my opinion,
Xanix
Strings are localised for your language in the skins language directory. Inside of that directory you will see a number of sub directories named after each particular language, so in your case you need to look in the Portuguese sub directory. In that directory you will find a file called strings.po, you will need to edit that file with a text editor to use your preferred translated string. I, like most Addon writers use the transifix translation service as supported by Kodi to provide the string translations. If you think any of the translations could be better you could sign up to help at the Kodi Transifix web page and that way others could benefit from your improved translations.

Hope this helps
Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hello | I need some help on > iOS + Kodi + AppTV!0