Mod Low Shelfcase for MQ6 & MQ7 (Updated for MQ8 Leia)
**UPDATE**

Hi Everyone Big Grin

Id like to share the mod i made to the shelfcase view. Ive modded the shelf to be smaller so more titles get shown on screen plus more room for fanart to show.

This works with both MQ6 and MQ7 and updated for MQ8 Leia. Thanks to original author of shelfcase view Smile

There will be a little editing of xml files not too difficult, ill provide instructions below.

Without further ado heres how it looks Cool

Instructions - MQ8 Leia

1. Open file customviewsvideo.xml

Use search for word shelf you should see code like following

xml:
<include content="viewsselector_item">
                    <param name="id" value="63" />
                    <param name="label" value="31809" />
                    <param name="view" value="viewshelf" />
                    <param name="type" value="video" />
                    <param name="visible" value="![String.IsEqual(skin.string(videocontent),episodes) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(videocontent),years) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(videocontent),programs)]" />   
                </include>

Under that paste the following and save file

xml:
<!-- Shelfcase Mod -->
                <include content="viewsselector_item">
                    <param name="id" value="74" />
                    <param name="label" value="Shelf Case" />
                    <param name="view" value="viewshelfcase" />
                    <param name="type" value="video" />
                    <param name="visible" value="![String.IsEqual(skin.string(videocontent),episodes) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(videocontent),years) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(videocontent),programs)]" />   
                </include>

2. Open file includes.xml and search for shelf again should see following line

xml:
<include file="ViewShelf.xml" /><!-- 63 -->

Under that paste the following

xml:
<include file="ViewShelfCase.xml" /><!-- 74 Shelfcase mod -->

3. Next open file MyVideoNav.xml and search for views should see following line

xml:
<views>51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,72,73,74</views>

Add the number 74 to the end

Next search shelf again should see the following

xml:
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(viewshelf_video)">ViewShelf</include>

Under that paste the following

xml:
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(viewshelfcase_video)">ViewShelfCase</include><!-- Shelfcase mod -->

4. Finally download the ViewShelfCase.xml file here. Right click save as. https://pastebin.com/dl/A5qfskWJ

Note: In the save as dialog box, click on the drop down arrow where says text file and select All Files and save the file as ViewShelfCase.xml

Make sure its saved as ViewShelfCase.xml and not viewshelfcase.xml

5. Place the ViewShelfCase.xml  inside the xml directory in the MQ8 skin folder.

6. Reboot box or change skin and go back to MQ8 to refresh skin. Go to change views and enable Shelf Case

***Old Versions Below***

Instructions - MQ6 (720p & 1080p)

In the 720p or 1080p folder of the skin open the file customviewsvideo.xml in an xml editor. Use search function and search for word shelf. You should see the following code:
Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="19263"><!-- Shelf --><!-- 63 -->
<radioposx>894</radioposx>
<label>31809</label>
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(viewshelf_video)</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(viewshelf_video)">Skin.SetString(setviewvideo,63)</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(viewshelf_video) + Skin.HasSetting(clickactivateview_video)">back</onclick>
<selected>Skin.HasSetting(viewshelf_video)</selected>
<visible>![StringCompare(skin.string(videocontent),episodes) | StringCompare(skin.string(videocontent),years)]</visible>
</control>

Under that paste the following code and save.
Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="19273">
<!-- ShelfCase Low Mod -->
<!-- 73 -->
<radioposx>1300</radioposx>
<label>Shelfcase Low</label>
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(viewshelfcaselow_video)</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(viewshelfcaselow_video)">Skin.SetString(setviewvideo,73)</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(viewshelfcaselow_video) + Skin.HasSetting(clickactivateview_video)">back</onclick>
<selected>Skin.HasSetting(viewshelfcaselow_video)</selected>
<visible>![Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(years)]</visible>
</control>

Next open file includes.xml Search for word shelf again. You should see following
Code:
<include file="ViewsShelf.xml" /><!-- 63 -->

Under that paste the following line and save
Code:
<include file="ViewsShelfCaseLow.xml" /><!-- 73 ShelfCase Low Mod -->

Next open file MyVideoNav.xml. Search for word views you should see following line:
Code:
<views>51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,73</views>

Add the number 73 at the end. Next search for the word shelf again you should see the following line:
Code:
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(viewshelf_video)">ViewShelf</include><!-- 63 -->

Under that paste the following line:
Code:
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(viewshelfcaselow_video)">ViewShelfCaseLow</include><!-- 73 --><!-- ShelfCase Low Mod -->

Finally download the following file and place it in the 720p or 1080p folder. Right click save as.

ViewsShelfCaseLow.xml 720p
ViewsShelfCaseLow.xml 1080p

Important: When the save as dialog appears make sure to click on the (save as type) drop down menu from text document to all files.
Then add the extension .xml to the end of the ViewsShelfCaseLow filename. When the file is downloaded Right click and select properties to ensure that it saved as xml file and not txt.

Instructions - MQ7

Repeat the instructions for MQ6 above but replace every number of 73 to 74

Download the following image thumb_shelf_reflect_case.png and place it in the media folder of the skin. Make sure its named as thumb_shelf_reflect_case.png

Finally download one of the following file and place it in the 1080p folder. Right click save as.

ViewsShelfCaseLow.xml (Disc shows on top of case)
ViewsShelfCaseLow.xml (Disc shows on front of case)

Thats it guys should work hopefully wasnt too difficult to follow. Enjoy Big Grin
Not Showing in the selected View List

Using Kodi 17 MQ6 Krypton.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-06-14, 20:40)movie78 Wrote: Not Showing in the selected View List

Using Kodi 17 MQ6 Krypton.

Works on Jarvis. Haven't tried testing on Krypton.
showing in the list views but not showing in the selection
it finally works but i do not have the bluray cases !!!
is there some picture to put in an other Huh
(2016-08-30, 11:10)toutoune290 Wrote: it finally works but i do not have the bluray cases !!!

can you post a screenshot of how it looks. do the bluray covers show in other views ok?

Ill have a look through viewshelfcase.xml file ensure everythings ok
hello you can make a zip file to install thank you
(2016-08-30, 11:10)toutoune290 Wrote: it finally works but i do not have the bluray cases !!!

Are you sure you are marking the bluray movie folders on your collection with: "Movie Name (year) - BLURAY" ?
no, but it works in the other views
Photo 
(2016-08-30, 17:27)the_bo Wrote:

can you post a screenshot of how it looks. do the bluray covers show in other views ok?

Ill have a look through viewshelfcase.xml file ensure everythings ok

Hello The_Bo,

No bluray also for me. Have a look
watch gallery

Everything is ok in other views, so !!! And i have used the file for MQ7 in 1080p without changing anything, did i miss something.....
Here is my xml file :
(2016-08-31, 22:38)binnugsay Wrote: Hello The_Bo,

watch gallery

Everything is ok in other views, so !!! And i have used the file for MQ7 in 1080p without changing anything, did i miss something.....
Here is my xml file :

Just rechecked the file and bluray covers showing fine on my system. Does your movies have bluray in the file name?. If they dont can you try testing adding a movie with bluray in the name of the movie file.

Thanks
(2016-08-31, 07:42)toutoune290 Wrote: no, but it works in the other views

Lol, start marking them then. That's the problem right there.
(2016-08-31, 23:49)the_bo Wrote:

watch gallery

Here is my xml file :

Just rechecked the file and bluray covers showing fine on my system. Does your movies have bluray in the file name?. If they dont can you try testing adding a movie with bluray in the name of the movie file.

Thanks

First thanks for your beautiful work fine in others views and have the Bluray cases. Perhaps this is a way to put the bluray name but to much movies!! so my problem is the cases as you can see on the picture....
(2016-09-01, 07:21)binnugsay Wrote:
(2016-08-31, 23:49)the_bo Wrote:

watch gallery

Here is my xml file :

Thanks

First thanks for your beautiful work fine in others views and have the Bluray cases. Perhaps this is a way to put the bluray name but to much movies!! so my problem is the cases as you can see on the picture....

Can you give examples of how your Bluray and DVD movies are named. I could alter the code to show the cases if there's other words in filename. Eg if there's a HD in your filename I could use that to show Bluray case.

Thanks
(2016-09-01, 09:09)the_bo Wrote:
(2016-09-01, 07:21)binnugsay Wrote:
(2016-08-31, 23:49)the_bo Wrote: Just rechecked the file and bluray covers showing fine on my system. Does your movies have bluray in the file name?. If they dont can you try testing adding a movie with bluray in the name of the movie file.

Thanks

Can you give examples of how your Bluray and DVD movies are named. I could alter the code to show the cases if there's other words in filename. Eg if there's a HD in your filename I could use that to show Bluray case.

Thanks

Hello, all of my movies have cases in other views, mkv, more and also some Bluray Iso.
For example, Blood Diamond.iso, Evasion.iso, Amazonia.iso and more and more in Mkv. If you can change Something to have cases in all of them, it will be nice. The name as you can see have the good extension name at the top of the jacket but no cases around! So mistake for me. Thanks a lot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Low Shelfcase for MQ6 & MQ7 (Updated for MQ8 Leia)3