Req Allow Android Keyboard for Text Entry
Hi there. I'm not sure if this already exists and I haven't noticed it yet, but if not, I think it would make for a good feature.

I was entering text into KODI using KORE and it was kinda cumbersome to use the d-pad for this. I thought it would be a very useful feature if when the keyboard appears in KODI, the keyboard on Android also appears where you can input text that will show up in KODI. Most of us can text on our phones fairly fast, so I think this would be a much better way to input text (if it's even possible).
I believe there is an option "Send text to mediacenter" just for that purpose. Never used it myself though...
Yes that option works well.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hmm... I was playing around with that one day but I couldn't figure out what it did. I'll give it a try today when I get home.

I still think it would be cool if as soon as the keyboard shows up on KODI, KORE would be like - keyboard!
It opens up the keyboard, as long as you are connected through TCP, which is the only way Kore can be notified. You probably are connecting through HTTP only, so no automatic keyboard opening up.
I had this question also. So, when you get to a screen where Kodi's on-screen keyboard is displayed you tap on "Send text to media center" on the Android app, enter in what you need to type, and then tap "Send"?
yes
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
How can I connect through TCP?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow Android Keyboard for Text Entry0