genretranslation.xml
Hi

I use MediaPortal as my backend with DJBlu's Sky EPG grabber plugin and Kodi as frontend, and I've found that the genretranslation.xml doesn't seem to like what the Sky grabber puts out.

There are loads of them, but examples of errors in the log are:
02:10:26 T:6588 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: EPG: No mapping of 'Entertainment - Undefined' to genre type/subtype found.
02:10:26 T:6588 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: EPG: No mapping of 'Entertainment - Factual' to genre type/subtype found.
02:10:26 T:6588 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: EPG: No mapping of 'Entertainment - Chat Show' to genre type/subtype found.
02:10:26 T:6588 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: EPG: No mapping of 'Movie - Action' to genre type/subtype found.
02:10:26 T:6588 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: EPG: No mapping of 'Movie - Comedy' to genre type/subtype found.

Am I expected to fix the genretranslation.xml file manually for myself or will there be an updated version released please?

What do I do with the bit at the bottom of genretranslation.xml where is says stuff like:
CONTENTMASK_MOVIEDRAMA 0x10
Subtypes:
DETECTIVE_THRILLER 0x01
ADVENTURE_WESTERN_WAR 0x02
SF_FANTASY_HORROR 0x03
COMEDY 0x04
SOAP_MELODRAMA_FOLKLORIC 0x05
ROMANCE 0x06
SERIOUS_CLASSICAL_RELIGIOUS_HISTORICAL_DRAMA 0x07
ADULTMOVIE_DRAMA 0x08

And then there's a user defined bit. What does this do please?
USERDEFINED 0xF0

Any help or direction towards a good guide for editing genretranslation.xml would be hugely appreciated

Thank you in advance

Matt
You'll need to edit the genretranslation.xml yourself to fit your needs or you can use a skin like Titan that lets you use Genre instead of GenreType or you can follow instructions from an old thread here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=175642 not sure if this still works though
Thank you so much for your help. How do I set Titan to use genre instead of genretype please? I've had a look in the skin settings but can't seem to find it

Edit - Found it and got it going. Thank you very much indeed!
Ok I have the Sky satellite EPG all working, but can't seem to get the terrestrial EPG going at the same time as the Sky one as filenames don't accept forward slashes which seem to be used for the terrestrial names.

Any help much appreciated
(2016-06-18, 03:40)mattpwill Wrote: Thank you so much for your help. How do I set Titan to use genre instead of genretype please? I've had a look in the skin settings but can't seem to find it

Edit - Found it and got it going. Thank you very much indeed!

Matt can you advise where you found it. Cheers.
May not sure if this will help but have a look at EPG cleaner on the mediaportal forums. It may help with getting rig of the slashes.
Sorry cant really help with that i use webgrabplus for my EPG and have it set up to remove the groups when grabbing data, so i dont have to deal with the "Entertainment - " "News & Documentaries - " or backslashes in the genres
It is in skin settings under pvr if my memory serves me right. Also aeon mq mod has it too I'm sure.
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
Thanks for your help guys. I've switched to grabbing the EPG from the Freesat Info radio channel successfully at last and set the MediaPortal addon setting back to GenreType and now I have working EPG genre colours with minimum effort required!
(2016-06-21, 00:23)mattpwill Wrote: Thanks for your help guys. I've switched to grabbing the EPG from the Freesat Info radio channel successfully at last and set the MediaPortal addon setting back to GenreType and now I have working EPG genre colours with minimum effort required!

thx a lot.
This solved my issue that i had no "Genre" in the skin.
But it is not colored Undecided
Any hints?

thx
pOpY

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
genretranslation.xml0