Animated Posters, will it screw up Kodi if too many?
OK, I allow to have animated posters added (and ALLOT have been added) will this screw up anything? I have around 3000 movies and I have noticed more and more animated posters have been showing up (downloaded). I have duel 980 Nvidia cards so graphics.. on a non Kodi scale are not a issue, but for Kodi.. is this an issue?

I use Infowall as my movie layout. Will too many animated posters cause an issue? I think I have a few hundred at this point. Just want to be sure.

I started to see so many that I disabled animated posters to check what you guys say?
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
i cant tell... i dont use them because there are toooooo many with tagline, "coming soon", and other texts on it - and the most are way too... much for my taste

but thats just my personal taste - i have the biggest respect to all guys who make/provide those images atm !!!
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
I have many animated posters in my library and i have modified the database so i have animated posters and backgrounds in widgets and live background too.

It wiggles a lot :-)

But yes i can confirm it slows down. Without the animated gifs i can step through the main menu items without any delay. The different live backgrounds and widgets appear immediately.
Now i have animated gifs in widget and live backgrounds it takes about 2 seconds to step from one menu item to the next.

e.g. If i step over the menu movies i have a live background with random movies and 4 widgets. Now i step to the next item 'Atmos movies' and in this item i have a different live background with random atmos movies and a different widget with latest atmos movies. This step from movies --> atmos movies takes about 2 seconds.

But it look's fun :-) If you like i can make a short video.
I notice a slight delay when scrolling through kodiflix view and an animated poster comes up. I don't think the amount of Posters affects Kodi, just the loading of each individually. I also agree with schimi that most are too much. I've kept a few of the more subtle ones but most I have swapped for static posters.
Depending on the number of frames & differences in the gif, also the look-up path; will determine if the arts work is going to be sticky or delay blocked. I get the sticky's when I have animated posters in cover flow, but using them exclusively in 'sets' is tolerable and I feel is a good usage. I'm still waiting for some excellent home page fanart for skins.
Ok thanks for the responses. I think I will disable them. I really have no need of them and for sure don't want to have Kodi slowed down because of them. The only way they would be worth it is if they didn't affect performance.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
I have a very beefy system, 24 TB worth of media (mostly movies), and I noticed that having animated posters and backgrounds, makes the movie library browsing a bit quirky, hiccups, so I went ahead and disable it and now it flows really nice.
I'll be glad to share my system specs if any one is interested.
Have a great weekend everyone!
¡¿Beg your pardon?!... english is not my mother tongue, please bear with me...
Kodi V. Nexus, Aeon MQ 7 Matrix & Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Modded by @latts9923
ECE, MCS.
I,ve had the same issue ,a slow computer, how do you turn the animated posters off, I can,t find the option anywhere
Skin Settings --> General --> Use Skinhelper Animated Posters/Backgrounds
Thanks for that, I don't know how I missed it, great skin you guys, keep up the good work

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated Posters, will it screw up Kodi if too many?0