Kai Freezing
I have the latest TECH build of XBMC and the latest MC360 skin.

Kai works fine until I try to browse the Arenas. As soon as I open any of them up it locks up. I then need to do a hard restart.

Any suggestions?
does kai work on your PC ? .. can you use the PC UI to play online ?
Yeah, it works just fine. Port 30000 is forwarded too.

I've also noticed that after the initial lock up caused by me opening the arena's, XBMC will freeze regardless almost right away when I load it up until I shut down the Kai engine.

After turning the engine back on I think it's fine until I try to go back into the arena's again.
I too have the latest build and have the exact same issue. i came across this topic trying to find a solution.
KilluminatiStyl Wrote:I have the latest TECH build of XBMC and the latest MC360 skin.

Kai works fine until I try to browse the Arenas. As soon as I open any of them up it locks up. I then need to do a hard restart.

Any suggestions?

Same here... Blush
I just installed the T3CH 2007-10-07 build and Kai still freeze... you'd think with 2 threads about people saying kai is freezing that it would get noticed
try disabling kai notifications in the settings .. its been reported to at least slow the freezing issue ..
Already Tried with same results... It doesn´t work...
Yea I found that same issue I go into Arenas I can see the Genres of each type of game. Then when clicking on the Genre of game it freezes up XBMC completly. I thaught I was doing something wrong as this is the first time I have tried using Kai but obviously this is isnt the case judging by this post.
willers.nail .. you can still use kai if you use the PC UI .. XBMC is just a UI ..
how do i disable kai notifications by ftp'ing and using a txt editor? i just reinstalled xbmc and don't feel like doing it again. i can boot to a disc tho and start an ftp.

thanks!

edit:

realized that i don't use kai as much as i thought i did. turning off the pc gui is a workaround too.

guess that only works if u don't use kai tho!

hope it gets fixed Sad
my kai is not working at allSad i can use it in about 30 minutes but then my internet connection shutdown and i have to call my isp to fix it:mad:

anyone?
Hey shizzle that does sound like an ISP issue you've got or maybe a firewall or other program kicking in every half hour. Check your modems DSL light to see if it starts flashing or goes off when it disconnects.

On the same topic yea KAi works fine it seems through the PC for both UI and engine. Was Sorta hoping it might be fixed in this weeks release but its still the same freezing. Not sure if I should post a bug report for it on XBMC or Kai. Anyone know if there is a bug for this issue anywhere else open?
willers.nail Wrote:Hey shizzle that does sound like an ISP issue you've got or maybe a firewall or other program kicking in every half hour. Check your modems DSL light to see if it starts flashing or goes off when it disconnects.

On the same topic yea KAi works fine it seems through the PC for both UI and engine. Was Sorta hoping it might be fixed in this weeks release but its still the same freezing. Not sure if I should post a bug report for it on XBMC or Kai. Anyone know if there is a bug for this issue anywhere else open?

when i call my isp(BBB in sweden) he told me that i mac spam or somethingOo
XMBC still crashes when Kai it turned on... and I just updated to the T3CH 10-21-2007 build... I wish this would get fixed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kai Freezing0