v16 Comcast Music channels buffering
I have a HDHR with MediaPlayer backend on Kodi 16 with Comcast for live tv.

The Music Choice channels on Comcast have a semi-static video screen while playing audio. The screen changes every 30-60 seconds displaying some kind of artist information or ad.

I have tried this with both WMCServer and MP and the channels continually buffer. They will not ply for more than 10 seconds at a time.
All other stations are working properly, and the music channels work in WMC and MP frontend just fine.
They also play properly in the HDHR plugin for Kodi.

This has been an issue since Kodi 12, and I always thought it was a limitation of WMCserver. I recently converted over to MP and found the same issue.
Same issue for me on both optimum and FiOS. Something with the chans.

Sent from my XT1254
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
ALmost a year later, a new version later, and still no comments from the devs?
It's not w Kodi issue?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
How is it not?
It works in Windows Media Center
It works in Media Portal.
It works in the HDHomerun viewer program.
It works from the HDHomerun addon,

But if I choose a music channel from within the PVR, it doesn't work.
I've tried it with the WMCServer backend , the Media Portal backend, and the NextPVR backend.

All the backend addons play the regular channels just fine, but stutter playing the music channels.
I've tried it with several versions of the XBMC/KODI program with the same results.

So, how is it NOT a problem with the base KODI program when the other client programs play those channels just fine?
Shrug. I have them via FiOS I think. Recreate the issue with full debugging and try again.

IMPORTANT:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Comcast Music channels buffering0