WIP Bluray iso utils - Full support of blu-ray images in Kodi
Hi,

This is a rewrite of my BR_iso_Enhancements addon. It should now be much more user friendly.

With this addon you are able to:

- give each tv show episode an individual entry in the Kodi library (as if they are ripped .mkv files)
- are able to use video extras with all the extras on the bluray iso
- can set default audio and subtitle streams
- enter a multiple movie iso file correctly in the Kodi library, each movie will have it's own entrypoint
- enter different cut's of a movie correctly in the Kodi library (from 1 bluray iso file)
- skip the recap ("Previously on ...") on your tv shows
- should work with a mix of Kodi devices (win 7, Openelec, ...)

This is done through the use of .strm files. No symlinks need to be made.

You can get it here

Test it out!

Comments, bug reports, feature requests, ... are welcome.
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
Getting slowly results:

These 2 screenshots are what you get with the "stock" Kodi. Almost no extra data...

This is what you currently get with my addon:

It is still WIP, but I'm getting there...

Need to do resume point, chapters, .... (if possible).

One problem: It doesn't work from the homescreen/recently added items.

No list there and I need listitems...

Try to solve that later.
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
Posted new version on github (v0.1.5). Does not use .strm files but dummy video & .xml files instead. Works from all locations, also from "recently added".

Still to do:
resume point & chapters (both need a local database, can't use JSON with Kodi DB for this).
Thanks for this plugin, it sounds what I am after but It'd be great if you could confirm

I am running LibreELEC 0.8.5 and Kodi 17.0 Beta 5

I moved to Kodi from a Dune player that handled CD menus OK so a lot of my Movies and TV series are in ISO.

As an example a BD ISO like this: American Horror Story S02E01_E02_E03_E04_E05.iso which has been ripped with AnyDVD HD currently displays 3 versions of each episode within Kodi, only one of which will play back and even than one does not open up the BD menu.

Should your plugin allow BD menus to be opened as that is all I really want, although your promise of it listing each episode and extra sounds brilliant?

I tried installing your plugin from Kodi as a zip file and it appeared to work but I still get the same problem with how my episodes are displayed. I have to be honest your installation instructions confused me a bit. Why should i need to change the filename and how do you change the unzip folder nameHuh

Thanks.

Adam
(2016-12-21, 11:39)nagel0r Wrote: Thanks for this plugin, it sounds what I am after but It'd be great if you could confirm

I am running LibreELEC 0.8.5 and Kodi 17.0 Beta 5

I moved to Kodi from a Dune player that handled CD menus OK so a lot of my Movies and TV series are in ISO.

As an example a BD ISO like this: American Horror Story S02E01_E02_E03_E04_E05.iso which has been ripped with AnyDVD HD currently displays 3 versions of each episode within Kodi, only one of which will play back and even than one does not open up the BD menu.

Should your plugin allow BD menus to be opened as that is all I really want, although your promise of it listing each episode and extra sounds brilliant?

No, my plugin does not allow to open the BD menu of the disc (the menu you get with a standalone player). This can (in the future) only be done by core Kodi, not a plugin (and the functionality is not yet there). Thats why I wrote this plugin, to bridge the gab when (if ever) Kodi fully supports BD menu's.

My plugin makes it possible to access very easy all (correct) playlists/videos on a bluray as if you are waching it through the BD menus on a standalone bluray player. And all of this without the viewer ever seeing the "select playlist window".

What you can do with my plugin is:
- with a correct xml file, you can just select the episode and Kodi plays the correct (out of those 3 episodes) episode.
- with correct xml entries for the extras, you can select in Kodi the wanted extra and Kodi will directly start playing this extra (using a compatible "extras" skin) (in other words, you need for this a skin that supports the 'extras' plugin).

In short: You get the same viewer experience as someone who rips the complete bluray to .mkv's.

Some work is needed for the 'system admin' of the Kodi player. He/she needs to create a good .xml file (when you want to import the disc with this plugin), but the wife, kids or other users will be able to play what they want without needing to ask advice.

And there are some limitations that can only be solved by the core Kodi programmers.

(2016-12-21, 11:39)nagel0r Wrote: I tried installing your plugin from Kodi as a zip file and it appeared to work but I still get the same problem with how my episodes are displayed. I have to be honest your installation instructions confused me a bit. Why should i need to change the filename and how do you change the unzip folder nameHuh

Sorry about that, first time using github (and github creates this .zip file with a not correct filename and directory).

download .zip
extract .zip
rename "script.service.bluray_iso_utils-master" to "script.service.bluray_iso_utils"
make new .zip file from this directory and make sure it is named "script.service.bluray_iso_utils.zip"
install this .zip file in Kodi

Or just use this link .
Thanks, I'll take another look!
Hello,

First of all, thanks for the nice plugin, it is working pretty well. I was wondering, though... would it be possible to implement the feature of resuming from the last point in the video? Basically, to have the same option the other video files have: if you stop the playback, the next time you choose the video, Kodi asks you if you want to resume from the last time or if you want to start from the beginning.

Cheers
(2016-12-29, 05:11)fmonaca Wrote: I was wondering, though... would it be possible to implement the feature of resuming from the last point in the video? Basically, to have the same option the other video files have: if you stop the playback, the next time you choose the video, Kodi asks you if you want to resume from the last time or if you want to start from the beginning.

I'll give it a try. At the moment, this would only be possible with an extra db. No ETA for this...
(2016-12-29, 05:11)fmonaca Wrote: First of all, thanks for the nice plugin, it is working pretty well. I was wondering, though... would it be possible to implement the feature of resuming from the last point in the video? Basically, to have the same option the other video files have: if you stop the playback, the next time you choose the video, Kodi asks you if you want to resume from the last time or if you want to start from the beginning.

Try the develop branch on github.

It is possible to resume, but I can't show the 'resume icon' in the skin (so the user knows this video is resumeable)

If you want the "resume icon" in the skin, then you get 2 request dialogs for resume / start from beginning (tested by me, but not included in this develop version).

This is a limitation I cannot solve, needs to be done by a core developer (I need the result of the normal "resume dialog", did the user select resume? or start from beginning?? The resume time I can get through JSON.).

Feedback appreciated...
Thanks, I will try the the develop branch then.
I didn't even think about the icon, since the message would be enough.
I did some more testing and it kinda works also with the normal RC version of KODI 17. In the Bluray preferences, if you set it to play the main movie (instead of the simplified menu that is the default option), it can be then resumed after you stop the playback, and the message asking for resume/start from the beginning is shown.

Cheers!
New version posted (v0.2.0 master) with resume point support/fixes.

See first msg where to get it...
Hi,

I get an error when installing: log here:

21:02:11.174 T:7528 DEBUG: Bluray iso utils: version 0.2.0 started
21:02:11.185 T:7528 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
Error Contents: local variable 'sqlcon_wl' referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.bluray_iso_utils\service.py", line 962, in <module>
main = Main()
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.bluray_iso_utils\service.py", line 883, in __init__
self._init_vars()
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.bluray_iso_utils\service.py", line 933, in _init_vars
sqlcon_wl.close()
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'sqlcon_wl' referenced before assignment
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2017-02-08, 23:08)pinn Wrote: I get an error when installing: log here:

Please post the full debug log.

I need it to see what caused this error.

Thanks!
I have a couple of questions
with this installed will any folders that correctly scrape currently be affected ? I have all my movies set to local info - will that still work ? or does this addon only go to work when it sees the biu xml file?

if there is a file in the folder( like a doctor who xmas ep ) that is not on the blray but put in the folder and is not included in the xml file will it scrape correctly and play correctly
(2017-02-09, 13:21)jpil Wrote: I have a couple of questions
with this installed will any folders that correctly scrape currently be affected ?

They will not be affected. Exception is the bluray iso that you make a BIUinfo.xml file for. That will again be scraped by Kodi, and the previous scrape will be lost.

If you want a feel about how this works, then make a testdir with some copies of some isofiles inside it, and try it out.

(2017-02-09, 13:21)jpil Wrote: I have all my movies set to local info - will that still work ?

Yes, all info is already in the Kodi database. It will stay there. But the isofiles that you convert to this addon will need to be rescraped. Existing fanart, posters and nfo file can be reused if the naming for the .strm file is correct (eg: "good movie.iso" -> "good movie.strm").

(2017-02-09, 13:21)jpil Wrote: or does this addon only go to work when it sees the biu xml file?

The workflow for this addon is as follows:

Ah, Kodi is playing a video. Check if this video we are playing is:
"special://home/addons/script.service.bluray_iso_utils/resources/media/BIU_Black_Animation.720p.mp4"

If not (you are not playing an BIU addon .strm file), go back to sleep and let Kodi do its work

If yes, look in the BIUinfo.xml file which .mpls file we need to play, and set all audio/subs as the user wants.

(2017-02-09, 13:21)jpil Wrote: if there is a file in the folder( like a doctor who xmas ep ) that is not on the bluray but put in the folder and is not included in the xml file will it scrape correctly and play correctly

These files are not affected/helped/used/touched by the addon.

PS: This is a work in progress, I post this to get (hopefully not to many Wink ) bugreports and to see if I missed some importent feature/forgot something.
PS2: Test it out to get a feel of it, but don't convert your entire library to it yet. In the next few days/week a new version will come out and the content/format of the BIUinfo.xml file has changed slightly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray iso utils - Full support of blu-ray images in Kodi0