NO VIDEO only sound.. not a black screen though
No video. Only sound. its a lit up screen white and grey and it gets brighter and dimmer with the movie playing but no picutre
Sorry but all the crystal-balls are in the shop at the moment.
debug log (wiki)
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-06-20, 08:15)DarrenHill Wrote: debug log (wiki)

Hi Darren
I'm new to the forum (and troubleshooting Kodi) so please bear with me...

I had issues with updating my library and had to download the latest version of Kodi to fix that. Now my library updates but I have a similar problem to what's mentioned in this thread. I can't watch any videos at all using Kodi but they work if I use media player.

Could you guide me on how and where to get the debug log from? I would gladly post it if I knew how to get hold of it. Huh

Regards
Gerhard
Click the link and follow the walkthrough in the wiki that it leads to.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Sad
Do not paste logs here. Please remove the above and post a complete log to PasteBin or XBMClogs and post the link they will provide here, as detailed in the wiki link I gave you.

Kodi Blog Posts
http://pastebin.com/aQFkwHgK
From your log:

Code:
10:02:33 T:7024  NOTICE: Found screen: Generic PnP Monitor on Intel(R)  Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), adapter 0.

It's too old and do not support dx11 that is required for kodi 16.1 and kodi 17

Try with kodi 15.2 from here:

Older kodi release
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-07-09, 13:17)Gracus Wrote: From your log:

Code:
10:02:33 T:7024  NOTICE: Found screen: Generic PnP Monitor on Intel(R)  Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), adapter 0.

Older kodi release
We don't require dx11
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-07-09, 13:19)Martijn Wrote:

Code:

Older kodi release
We don't require dx11

Maybe it is not "required" but a lot of people with old hardware that do not support dx11 have issue with v16.1 and v17

And while your here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v16_(Jarvis)_...DirectX_11

So there is only 2 solution:

1. dx11 is required
2. you need to update the wiki
Moanbag is in da place!
I installed the latest Kodi because I started having this issue with updating my libry while using v. 15.2

So with the old version I can't update my library and the new version I can't play anything... What's the use in having Kodi then?

How can I get this dx11, if at all? (bearing in mind you're not speaking to a computer genius please)

Thanks in advance
(2016-07-09, 13:36)Gracus Wrote:
(2016-07-09, 13:19)Martijn Wrote:

Code:

Older kodi release
We don't require dx11

Maybe it is not "required" but a lot of people with old hardware that do not support dx11 have issue with v16.1 and v17

And while your here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v16_(Jarvis)_...DirectX_11

So there is only 2 solution:

1. dx11 is required
2. you need to update the wiki

I don't know who added that but is blatantly wrong in every way.

We use DX11 code libraries and only use DX9 features.What can break is that drivers suck and don't work correctly.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm using windows 10 and the direct x is up to date.
I reinstalled Xvid 1.3.4. but still no luck
Sorry, I asked for help with wiki documentation on DX11 stuff months ago and the only reply back was about AMD cards. No one who was willing to help seemed to know what exactly the DX11 work meant for the end-user, so we took our best guess.

Tell me exactly what it should say on the wiki for Windows requirements and I'll change it. I'm simply not familiar enough with the Windows platform, or otherwise I would have done it already.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NO VIDEO only sound.. not a black screen though0