Release AudioDSP V.2 Testbuilds
This is not a really big problem, you can write your own log2 function, because log2(x) = log(x)/log(2) or look here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11080...pport-log2 some cmake magic which I don't really understand (but idea is the same) log(x) should be available on Android
Why the hell did I not find this link/solution. Thanks for the hint, I give it a try at the weekend.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
Wisler, are you still working on it?
Working on what?

Any news? Android support, etc...
Well, I dropped the entire AudioDSP work Tongue

Of course not! I really wondering why you ask such a question. If you precisely follow my Twitter messages then you would mention that I started to create a new add-on. If I write nothing about Android, it consequently means that I didn't do any work on Android right?
To get latest news about developments you should try to read the entries from my public Github account activity.

Quote:Android support
Well, actually I don't know how to tell the following words gently to the users of AudioDSP on Android. So I simply say what is in my mind. Please don't convict me for the following words.
I'm thinking about dropping Android for my test build list, because we currently have no platform maintainer and it's a pain to develop for Android without a good basis. Furthermore, my motivation is really low as no developer cares about Android and I don't use Kodi on Android for myself. My spare time is actually not enough to develop for all platforms and do fixes, which are not related to AudioDSP. As I said in another post I develop most stuff for AudioDSP alone, which is quite challenging with a daily job.

Also no one voted for Android in my poll.
Windows = 2 users, 22.22%
Linux = 5 users, 55.56%
Raspberry Pi = 2 users, 22.22%
Others = 0 users, 0.0%

Hi,

I only look here from time to time .? So you decided to start from scratch? Well, I'm one of others (I guess), bjt it's actually Linux. It works pretty well.

Now I will follow your Twitter
Please don't get it wrong. I don't wanted to blame you or anyone else.

Quote:So you decided to start from scratch?
What do you actually mean with your question? Sorry I didn't get the message

Quote:Now I will follow your Twitter
Nice that's why I created the account to share news more easily and more structured then in the forum Blush

I mean current version will not be updated anymore and there will be new plugin instead?
Ah now I know what you meant.

Right my development builds will not receive any updates for Android, sorry.

Hmm you said you started to create new addon, does it mean completly new stuff or current one will be updated? I have latest version on Openelec/OrangePI, Kodi 16.1 and I'm pretty happy with it.

Btw, what about more flexible (advanced) config, especially more (custom) bands, for advanced users. Now we have 10 predefined bands, I mean custom ones when I can configure frequency for each of them and add more than 10.
(2016-07-21, 00:30)giaur Wrote: Hmm you said you started to create new addon, does it mean completly new stuff or current one will be updated? I have latest version on Openelec/OrangePI, Kodi 16.1 and I'm pretty happy with it.
Great to hear. It is a complete rework of my adsp.template implementation. It will be the basis for all my upcoming add-ons. Furthermore it shows how to use our AudioDSP API or could be a new starting point. Consequently the source code needs to be carefully designed and implemented.
To test my work I implemented the following testing modes:
volume adjustments as a pre- and post-processing mode, copy input to output for all available adsp mode categories.
If I did a well job, I will merge the volume adjustment modes source code (processing-, dialog- and settings-class) into adsp.basic. Without the rework this wouldn't be easily possible s. Blush

(2016-07-21, 00:30)giaur Wrote: Btw, what about more flexible (advanced) config, especially more (custom) bands, for advanced users. Now we have 10 predefined bands, I mean custom ones when I can configure frequency for each of them and add more than 10.
Are you not happy with the 10 ISO R 266-1997 or ANSI S1.6-1984 frequency bands?
To be honest, I have thought about adding new features to the EQ. But actually we need more basic stuff like volume adjustment, night mode, compressor, expander and a convolution engine, which can be used for FIR filters.
Furthermore it would be required to refactor or rewrite the dialog implementation and the handling of the settings from the EQ mode to properly extend it. As you see it will require some effort.
To be honest I currently have no time to extend the EQ, because I would like to implement the basic stuff that I described above and improve the usability of AudioDSP.

Also I would like to continue my convolution engine add-on and it’s underlying library. Furthermore all my add-ons need to be adapted to adsp.template, which will make maintaining, testing and extending easier. The convolution engine add-on was the first work I did for Kodi and to be honest I didn't had the time to continue the work. But I would like to see that my room correction would be useable someday. It’s a pity that I didn’t do any work for it in the last months.

If I would develop Kodi add-ons in a full time paid job, you would see new features very quickly.

But hehe, all is open source and shared as early as possible so that any one can join the party. Just fork the repository, do the changes, commit them and PR the changes against the corresponding repository. Then I would be happy to review and merge them into the official repositories.

Hmm I must say I'm not fully happy with current frequency bands. It's not bad, however it is very difficult or not possible to adjust sound exactly as I want. I believe this would not be widely used, but personally, for me, full control would be great. I know that final effect is going to be completly different for each device (different sound card, speakers, etc)

Also, every eq implementation has slightly different bands. The best I remember is Winamp equalizer (10 band).

Compressor, expand, echo, room effect....well it's nice but every time I tried them anywhere, I finally found the best I can do is to disable them and use only eq to adjust sound. I have never found effects like that useful. But it's only my personal experience.
(2016-07-21, 10:02)wisler Wrote: But hehe, all is open source and shared as early as possible so that any one can join the party. Just fork the repository, do the changes, commit them and PR the changes against the corresponding repository. Then I would be happy to review and merge them into the official repositories.

Yes I know Big Grin My skills are way too low now, unfortunately Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioDSP V.2 Testbuilds2