Setting up drives on Linux HTPC
I am using an old backup server to build my HTPC. I have a bunch of drives I'm hoping to use and I'm looking for help with setting them up.

My drives.
2 each - 4TB drives
2 each - 2TB drives
2 each - 1TB drives.
1 - 128GB SSD

My hope is to use the 128GB SSD as my boot drive then set up my other drives in a RAID 1 configuration with 7TB of storage plus 7TB of RAID. I have worked with Linux for several years, but am still a novice. I have never installed Kodi or worked with it.

Is the configuration I am looking for possible? Will I need to set this up in my Linux system before installing Kodi? Or do I do this when installing Kodi?
Yes. Install Ubuntu server, set up your raid. Add the kodi ppa and install kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
real servers are usually a very bad fit for running kodi. Which hardware is in it?
Yeah although I answered the question, I would leave it as a server in the cupboard and buy a small kodi box for the TV.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
"Server" may be a bad term. It's made up of basic Desktop computer parts. I'm planning on swapping the motherboard and maybe even CPU for something that will work better with Kodi.
Still, 6 physical drives is noisy, not small and usually ugly for the lounge. Up to you of course...
I agree, build a nas and bring it far away from tv / speaker and buy a mediaplayer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up drives on Linux HTPC0