Videos or Live TV with changing resolution
Hello,

I've been having an ongoing issue with Kodi that I believe I've finally figured out the cause. I use an HD-PVR capture card with my Comcast box. Because of the way that works with channel changing, the following workflow happens frequently:

- Change from CNN 1080p to ABC 720p

The video stream starts as the 1080p stream while the remote blaster is actively changing the channel. It then changes to ABC which is 720p and the video is a complete disaster in Kodi, as it's still trying to display it at 1080p. My MediaPortal client PCs handle this change without issue.

I think this is likely a Kodi issue, rather than an OpenElec issue (Raspberry pi2) but am not sure. Basically, I need to know if Kodi is capable of handling a resolution change in the middle of a TS MPEG4/h.264 file. If not, I'll have to come up with some other solution here.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Sadly, it looks like I'm the only one with this problem :/
Uploading a debug log (wiki) might generate more responses.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
This is not a Kodi issue. You can either change the channel via Kodi UI or PVR addon needs to signal a channel change to kodi. Only addons implementing their own demuxer do support this. To my knowledge that is vnsi, tvh, and mythtv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos or Live TV with changing resolution0