• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Reddit Viewer
about login option, i'll check it out.
I am currently testing the login option.
can anyone invite me to a private subreddit.
my reddit user is gsonide
Sorry I m not a member of any private subreddit.
With the login option you re working on will we be able to upvote/downvote posts/comments ?
my reddit karma isn't high enough to create a subreddit on my own to test private subs.

it isn't really a login option in the sense that you put in a username/password.
it is more accurate to call it the 'permissions' option.
basically you login to your reddit account and grant reddit_viewer permission to do X on your behalf.

X can be read, vote, subreddit, etc.

right now, I have the authorization parts and the read permission working.

voting... let's just say it won't be in the next version.

note though that the process involves entering an bunch of letters like you do when entering youtube api keys.
I just create and invite you to an private subreddit
Thanks, I've tested the latest version and it works. v2.7.6 is up.

Also: https://github.com/gedisony/plugin.video...iewer/wiki for your private subreddit needs
Hi gedisony just tried the 2.7.7, comments and comment links section stop working.
Here the error from kodi log
Code:
13:56:26 T:139730393306880   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'url_is_supported' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/mac/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.reddit_viewer/default.py", line 2196, in <module>
                                                plugin_modes[mode](url,name,typez)
                                              File "/home/mac/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.reddit_viewer/default.py", line 1132, in listLinksInComment
                                                r_linkHunter(content[1]['data']['children'])
                                              File "/home/mac/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.reddit_viewer/default.py", line 1312, in r_linkHunter
                                                r_linkHunter(replies,d)
                                              File "/home/mac/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.reddit_viewer/default.py", line 1312, in r_linkHunter
                                                r_linkHunter(replies,d)
                                                r_linkHunter(replies,d)
                                                r_linkHunter(replies,d)
                                                r_linkHunter(replies,d)
                                                r_linkHunter(replies,d)
                                                r_linkHunter(replies,d)
                                                r_linkHunter(replies,d)
                                              File "/home/mac/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.reddit_viewer/default.py", line 1301, in r_linkHunter
                                                if url_is_supported(link_http) or not harvested:   #store at least one instance of the post but not for every link
                                            NameError: global name 'url_is_supported' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

The first broken commit is 3126ea7
2.7.7 isn't ready. I pushed it by accident when I was learning git.
(I'm not really sure how to roll everything back)

on the upper left hand side of the github page you can select a branch, pick 2.7.6.
Yeah this it what I did for the moment.
Hi - this not exactly on topic but related: I'm new to reddit, how exactly does one find subreddits?
Just want to ask, but it seems subreddit and Reddit is basically like watching YouTube, what's the point?
@springroll and @rampage4v
Responded in the other thread.
thanks mac1202, shouldn't spend so much time on material thats already so easily accessible.
subreddits are special interest communities created by users for users who share that same interest.
they're referred in the community with an "r/" in their name like r/android for android related topics

if you're interested in something, search for it on reddit. chances are, somebody is also interested in that topic and posted something related to it. that post will be part of a subreddit and you can go to that subreddit for more.

some subreddits like r/kodi is not very interesting because most people would rather post questions or links here.
hey mac, if you're on krypton,

try using "450" for "ViewID for album posts" in settings

i haven't tested the custom gui in insengard so things will get wonky.

edit: branch: 2.2.7_beta us up
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Reddit Viewer1