• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Reddit Viewer
Nice work with the album view. It will be even better if after a configurable amount of time the UI get autohided so the full image will be visible.
I also try your new comment UI well done but the preview frame hide part of the comment

And If the comment font could be a little bit bigger or even better configurable font size Smile
for now, you can press 'up' to hide the UI.
'up' again to zoom in the middle, then 'up' or 'down' to zoom top or bottom.

nothing in between if the image is too tall. I could not figure out how to get that part working.
gedisony Wrote:for now, you can press 'up' to hide the UI.
'up' again to zoom in the middle, then 'up' or 'down' to zoom top or bottom.
Nice didn't find it by myself Smile

gedisony Wrote:nothing in between if the image is too tall. I could not figure out how to get that part working.
Maybe adding an option to disable the preview frame.
Or you can take a look at the the pvr view of some skin for example mimic I think this is this file https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/blo...elsOSD.xml it achieve similar think video scaled in a frame.
you found where I hid the comments gui!

I'm still working on that one. i think there's a way to not make the textbox overlap.
Just installed and tested the 2.7.8 version.
One big drawback of the comment UI is that when you play a media it is play in the preview windows instead of the background, for example here I am watching a tv channel so it is displayed in every comment and hide most part of them Image
I think the preview window should only be visible in comment with link and only display a thumbnail of the link and let the media play in background for media already playing and fullscreen to play media from the comment.
Thanks for checking it out.

I can't get the comments gui to behave well. When I first got the gui to play video links it plays in the background but I couldn't get the rest of the gui to hide so I just left it on a preview window(can use fullscreen key to view video in fs). I had to compromise by separating the link in another entry. I did not want to exit out of the gui to play the links from the other menu.

I'll come back and play with it after I gain more experience as I resolve a different issue:
When I tried to have reddit viewer included in the official repo, the maintainer didn't like it that a video.plugin used custom gui. He said that custom gui belongs in scripts. so I am working on converting the addon into a script. a script do not have access to skin and the different views that skins can make. I have to custom gui everything.
Maybe you can package the addon without the custom gui for comments/images as video plugin, and release an optional script plugin with the custom view. It will save you the time and the pain to customize all gui of the addon.
Hi everyone,

Here is an installation guide for beginners. Click here - Reddit Viewer Kodi

I Hope I'm not breaking any rules. Lately everything I publish is against the rules.

Peace. Cool
hello, I made the script version of reddit_viewer.
script.reddit.reader

It's main focus is for reading reddit content.
I'll create a thread in the programs addon section once I've fleshed it out some more.

Changes from the original:
- different ui.
- all reddit links are shown.
- can't add to favorites yet
- can't show comment links only yet

I made a new gui for the main screen and reused most of the gui from reddit_viewer

use the left,right arrow to manage subreddits/view comments.

left direction key to open a menu.

while hilighting a subreddit on the left sliding menu, left-direction key again to manage your subreddits

right-direction key to view comments
from the comments screen, left direction key to go back.

That little icon at the bottom left corner will tell you if it is video, image, album or ytdl
can you please add top sorting the previous reddit addon had it perfect it only doesnt have youtu.be links support thanks
Sorry, I can't add the sorting option like reddit_tv have.

You can add "/top" at the end of a subreddit in your subreddits list

The results will be the same as top:week from reddit_tv
On my htpc the gui has little glitches :
-Text on top bar is misaligned
-only a tiny part of the preview image is displayed

mac1202, is there a chance that your htpc is using android os?

I tested it on my android phone and it looks like that. i couldn't test further coz no keyboard and i assumed that pressing the 'down' key will present a new image and correct the issue.
No i'm using manjaro linux.
And no navigate with up/down key didnt correct the issue all image from all post are like that.
(2016-08-09, 19:58)gedisony Wrote: Sorry, I can't add the sorting option like reddit_tv have.

You can add "/top" at the end of a subreddit in your subreddits list

The results will be the same as top:week from reddit_tv

thanks I didn't see that option mentioned anywhere does top/month/ - all time works too?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Reddit Viewer1