• 9(current)
[RELEASE] Reddit Viewer
I use a multireddit with all my subreddit (more than 150) maybe the issue come from the numbers of subreddit to proceed.
Some videos are muted when I play them. The same videos work when I cast from Youtube via the Send to Kodi browser addon or if I play them in the Reddit.com app. Anyone else running into this issue?
Try the setting "Allow for DASH video if available" to off.

If the issue is not resolved, paste the reddit link here, I'll check it out.
(On the browser, there is a "share" link below the reddit post title.)
I have the sound issue too on about half the videos i try to play. If i check the Use Youtube add-on option under Plugins, the sound issue disappears and all videos have sound, but I get an annoying pop-up dialog when navigating through the links that says:

Exception in ContentProvider
mapping for path'/play/extrathumbs'/ not found

Just need to click OK and it goes away, but still...
detoursx, are you using the version from the official kodi repo?
I have the audio issue as well with may 50% of the videos. I tried to set "Allow for DASH video if available" to on and off and I still have the issue. An example is the 'eric andre show - lance reddick' video. The 2:19min long video.

I'm also curious on how to sort from newest to oldest. awwvideos is showing me old videos first (I think that is whats is going on).
I'm pushing a new version onto the official repo.
It should auto update once it is approved. (a few days)
if you can't wait, download/install zip from my github.

about r/awwvideos:
it will default sort by popularity
you can force it to sort new by:
rt.click->Edit subreddit
awwvideos/new
Thanks gedisony. Installed from zip and issue seems to be fixed.
(2017-06-16, 03:06)gedisony Wrote: I'm pushing a new version onto the official repo.
It should auto update once it is approved. (a few days)
if you can't wait, download/install zip from my github.

about r/awwvideos:
it will default sort by popularity
you can force it to sort new by:
rt.click->Edit subreddit
awwvideos/new

Thank you very much, Gedisony!
Hi, I'm wondering why I can't view videos from the reddit video domain (v.redd.it)? It plays the audio only and not the video.

Also it seems there's a problem in playing links from Google Drive at the domain (drive.google.com). This one simply gives an not found error although the video is there as I can play it on my laptop.

Anyone have the same problems?
Is there a solution?

Thank you all for your time.
I'll put up a fix for the v.redd.it issue next week. it requires inputstream.adaptive I'm not sure if Jarvis or earlier versions have this.

as for google drive links... will likely never be implemented.
I lack the time and expertise to get google drive videos to play. I use an addon called youtube_dl to play most of the links in reddit. if it cannot play google drive videos, then likely it never will.
First of all, thank you for the prompt reply. It's refreshing to get such care from a developer Smile

Nice that the reddit video thing manageable. As for the google drive videos, I notice that youtube-dl is not the one trying to play it but it's rather something called urlresolver (if this is of any help).

Cheers
I put up a new version that can correctly resolve v.redd.it links.
(video with sound will play video+audio. previously it will only play audio)

BUT. you need to enable inputstream.adaptive
Settings > Add-ons > VideoPlayer InputStream > Inputstream Adaptive - context menu - information - Enable

in libreelec, i had to install inputstream.adaptive ymmv

download the new reddit_viewer from my github
(it won't be in the official repository anymore because I cannot figure out the steps)

as for google.drive videos:
iirc, it used to work with urlresolver but i believe that addon is no longer maintained
and, google likely did something that broke how urlresolver plays the video.

in an older version of reddit_viewer, i send the link to urlresolver if youtube_dl cannot play the video.
Thank you do much for your dedication.

I downloaded the linked file and installed it on my setup, which is OSMC with Kodi 17, and it worked without any further adjustment.

Please excuse this ignorant question but do you develop any other addons for Kodi? You're a great developer and human and I'd love to use any more if your creations? Also, are you planning any further additions to this wonderful addon in the distant future?

Thank you for your help, effort, and time.
Much appreciated.
Would it be possible to not pass raw video files, such as m3u8, mp4 etc, to youtube-dl? I don't believe there is a need.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Reddit Viewer1