• 58(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
I gave up on the Wetek Hub that I've had for almost a year.
The video had juddery playback, and it would constantly freeze when I was trying to select a movie. I'd have to pull the plug just to restart it.
I would advice against using the Wetek Hub as a Kodi Device. I ended up purchasing an Odroid C2 and the experience is 100% better.
(2018-09-28, 20:36)SilverBlade Wrote: The video had juddery playback, and it would constantly freeze when I was trying to select a movie
Odd... Running LibreELEC 8.90.005 on a Wetek HUB here, and it seems to do just fine.
Perhaps a decent debug log will provide some explanations on your problems.
(2018-09-28, 20:41)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-09-28, 20:36)SilverBlade Wrote: The video had juddery playback, and it would constantly freeze when I was trying to select a movie
Odd... Running LibreELEC 8.90.005 on a Wetek HUB here, and it seems to do just fine.
Perhaps a decent debug log will provide some explanations on your problems. 
Maybe my set up is completely different. I have all of my drives connected directly to the Hub (Mediasonic enclosures). But it still froze every couple of days.
(2018-09-28, 20:59)SilverBlade Wrote: But it still froze every couple of days.
And in between those days it plays fine? Sorry but again, no log file = no problems...
We test LibreELEC setups, and as with Raspberry Pi's I never shutdown my Wetek Hub.
Your setup may be different, but it shouldn't freeze.
(2018-09-29, 04:35)Klojum Wrote: I never shutdown my Wetek Hub.
Your setup may be different, but it shouldn't freeze. 
  Absolutely. My Hub has been rock solid. Currently running Ricardo's AndroidTV 2.4.1 ROM.  Only really used for netflix and Kodi (ATV just so the wife can have netflix in HD), but has been rock solid from day 1. I generally use LibreELEC booting from an SD card and still no gripes (aside from my above query)
The only LibreELEC issues I have seen with the Hub is it gets a bit Hot due to the really confined space in that tiny little case.
I actually took it apart and put some proper 30% Silver paste under the Heatsink to improve thermal stability.

Hello Wetek Hub owners. Im planning to get this box. I have few questions though.
1. Is Netflix 4k still supported in unofficial Android Tv rom?
2. Is Mi bluetooth remote works out of the box?
3. Any other remote which could work out of the box(bluetooth)?
Hi,

1. Last time I tried - the easy to use Android TV Netflix App does not work at all any more with WeTek devices. The muich harder to use touchscreen/tablet (1080p) Netflix App needs and Air mouse remote.
2. The 1GB RAM in the WeTek Hub really is too small for a snappy Marshmallow 6.x.x - Android TV device - there are significant slowdowns.
Plus Firmware is no longer supported, and that is really important.
2a The Mi Box BT remote still works when using LibreELEC and CoreELEC Leia. However it does not survive a dual boot, and has to be painfully repaired again.
3. Not that I know of. There is the USB dongle Wireless remote in the MECOOL link below.

If you are in the USA - the Best budget Android TV device currently on the market that works quite nicely indeed is the Android TV Oreo 8.1 - Jetstream 4K Ultra HD (click) - which does 4K Android TV Netflix. It's also properly Google Certified.
The new Oreo 8.1 Mi Box S might be alright if Xiaomi can come out with decent Firmware - but be really really cautious with that one and wait for proper reviews.

Otherwise a bunch of people at the budget end of the market have been buying the snappy, stable (Nougat 7.1.2) MECOOL M8S Pro L (click) - which only does 1080p Android TV Netflix but does dual boot to LibreELEC / CoreELEC.

Thank you for your informative reply. It was very important for me to get Netflix Android TV working along with AFS and proper HLS streams handling. Thought Wetek products based on S905 chipset were the best options. I see Wetek Hub and Play2 still have Widevine L1 and HDCP 2.2 implemented, so what Netflix Android TV app complaints to? Wetek devices blacklisted despite having drm support?
Ok. What about Jetstream box? Does it support AFS? How does it work with online streams?
I thought my second option would be Amazon Fire TV Gen3 for my needs despite having locked bootloader.
4K Neflix capable devices that do auto Frame Rate Matching and run Kodi or forks of Kodi (eg. MrMC):

- Amazon Fire TV 4K Gen 3. pendant (no idea how well it does this)
- Amazon Fire TV 4K Stick (under user testing as we speak)
- NVIDIA Shield
- Apple TV 4K

The Apple TV 4K also does Frame Rate Matching when using Netflix, it is the only platform that does:
https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT208288

(2018-10-30, 18:12)wrxtasy Wrote: 4K Neflix capable devices that do auto Frame Rate Matching and run Kodi or forks of Kodi (eg. MrMC):

- Amazon Fire TV 4K Gen 3. pendant (no idea how well it does this)
- NVIDIA Shield
- Apple TV 4K

The Apple TV 4K also does Frame Rate Matching when using Netflix, it is the only platform that does:
https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT208288

Yes - the Apple TV 4K does auto-frame rate switching for Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, plus every catch up TV app I've tried (BBC iPlayer, NRK, SVT, DR, ViaPlay, ViaFree, CMore etc.)

The Amazon Fire TV 4K Pendant (and I believe the new 4K Stick) frame rate switch for some apps (like Amazon Prime Video) - but not Neflix...

The Shield TV only seems to frame rate switch automatically within Kodi. For 3rd party apps you have to manually switch (TVHZ can be useful for this)
Just got Wetek Hub box today. Upgraded to Unofficial AndroidTV rom. Installed Netflix for Android TV from AptoidTv and it is worked. The very big downside is 1GB of ram.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3