• 2(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
What about Kodi settings/DB in dual boot environment? Is each of the systems uses each own copy of Kodi or I could easily switch between if I'd need to?
Each use own db, as one is on Android which is practically located on eMMC, other is on microSD from which OE/LE is booted. To overcome tha, you can always deploy your DB on NAS or small server on which you will install mariaDB and create database over phpMyAdmin.
Blah...not worth the hassle. Tongue I have server running with MariaDB so maybe I will look it at some point. But for now I want easy setup. Wink
Good that my Core arrived last friday :-|
Home AV[/b]: Panasonic TX-P42ST33 Plasma | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Teufel 5.1 THX- Speakers | ATV2 | Wetek Core| DN2820FYK LibreElec | Harmony One Remote

If this works as my core does then I don't think not having an air mouse is a big deal. For kodi, Netflix, prime tv (via browser) it's not required.

I've always thought having an air mouse was a sign of weakness in a tv box...
(2016-06-21, 13:03)wrxtasy Wrote: I cannot stress enough you need a remote control with universal Air Mouse functionality to use regular Android Apps efficiently and navigate the mouse pointer about the TV screen in 360 degrees of movement and not just Up/Down Left/Right.
Its why I made such a big deal of it in the review.

Kodi and Netflix is all i need, but i understand your point for others
It has a single USB port, so if I want to attach a disk and use my own air mouse I'll also need an USB hub, right? But it does have a serial port the vast majority of users won't care about.

Edit: Also, 1 GB of RAM, vs. 2 GB the old Core. Pretty much a deal breaker for me.
I guess you could use a bluetooth mouse instead, and leave the usb port for disks.
(2016-06-22, 08:46)NoiseShaper Wrote: I guess you could use a bluetooth mouse instead, and leave the usb port for disks.

Or a WiFi remote app on a smartphone/tablet/iPod Touch etc.

Personally I really like the PS3 Blu-ray remote as a Bluetooth remote (I use it with a Chromebox as my preferred remote solution - avoiding any USB dongles) Not an option for Android - but a great solution for Libre/OpenElec as you get proper transport controls, number buttons for channel change (I use Kodi for TV viewing), shortcut keys for subtitles, audio stream switching etc.
Yeah they are good those PS3 remotes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-06-22, 09:45)nickr Wrote: Yeah they are good those PS3 remotes.

Yep - hope someone cracks getting the CH+/CH- buttons to work (they do send BT commands in PS3 mode for the Play TV software I think)
So I could use PS3 Remote via Bluetooth without using any dongle? So the USB port should be free to connect an USB Hard DIsk, right?
Does PS3 Remote is good also to be used instead of the wetek remote controller? (my first needs are Kodi and Netflix)
(2016-06-22, 10:23)medulin Wrote:
So I could use PS3 Remote via Bluetooth without using any dongle? So the USB port should be free to connect an USB Hard DIsk, right?
Does PS3 Remote is good also to be used instead of the wetek remote controller? (my first needs are Kodi and Netflix)

I also have a chrombox running openelec and recently changed from a PS3 remote to a fire tv one. Both are bluetooth but i personally found the PS3 one large and clunky. Don't know yet how the fire one will work with this but I'm going to find out as i have one pre ordered
how do you make pairing between PS3 Remote and android box? (sorry for the OT, but it's interesting for me to decide if Hub is the right box for me)
Just tried pairing a PS3 remote control with Android Lollipop....
No go, as it always asks for a PIN code, so i believe you also need to download this App:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...axis&hl=en

I will repeat again you need a 360 Air mouse function to use Netflix quickly, efficiently and properly on the Core or the Hub. A PS3 remote is not going to cut it.

What may be a better option is a PS3 Sixaxis game controller to use as an accurate fast Air Mouse on the Hub, for that you need this App:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ller&hl=en

Even then if you read the fine print, not all devices are supported, and Rooting is required for the PS3 game controller - which brings with it Risks of fcuking up the HDCP keys on WeTek devices if you don't know what you are doing.

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3