• 3(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
Hmm, I wonder how much work it would be for WeTek to support the PS3 game controller so that users didn't have to root.
Week claims 'Pair it to any Bluetooth compatible speaker' something i am very interested in as i have an expensive Philips bluetooth speaker basically doing nothing. Has this to be paired through Android and what if any settings would have to be made in Kodi. Also if using a bluetooth remote surely this won't be possible with both devices connected at the same time, or maybe bluetooth has moved on a bit
(2016-06-22, 13:44)danfloss Wrote: Week claims 'Pair it to any Bluetooth compatible speaker' something i am very interested in as i have an expensive Philips bluetooth speaker basically doing nothing. Has this to be paired through Android and what if any settings would have to be made in Kodi. Also if using a bluetooth remote surely this won't be possible with both devices connected at the same time, or maybe bluetooth has moved on a bit

There are no issues with bluetooth audio and remote being used at the same time. Bluetooth has evolved quite a bit.

With Kodi's audio default settings, audio will automatically switch over to bluetooth when a bluetooth audio device is connected. Pairing is handled by Android.
(2016-06-22, 14:23)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-06-22, 13:44)danfloss Wrote: Week claims 'Pair it to any Bluetooth compatible speaker' something i am very interested in as i have an expensive Philips bluetooth speaker basically doing nothing. Has this to be paired through Android and what if any settings would have to be made in Kodi. Also if using a bluetooth remote surely this won't be possible with both devices connected at the same time, or maybe bluetooth has moved on a bit

There are no issues with bluetooth audio and remote being used at the same time. Bluetooth has evolved quite a bit.

With Kodi's audio default settings, audio will automatically switch over to bluetooth when a bluetooth audio device is connected. Pairing is handled by Android.

sounds good. cheers for the reply
(2016-06-22, 14:23)Ned Scott Wrote:

What about in OpenELEC?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'll have to check, but last I tried in OE/LE, one had to manually select the audio device.
(2016-06-22, 11:16)wrxtasy Wrote: I will repeat again you need a 360 Air mouse function to use Netflix quickly, efficiently and properly on the Core or the Hub. A PS3 remote is not going to cut it.
I'm intrigued by this quote.

The normal out-of-the-box Hub remote can't use Netflix "properly"?!

I've used Netflix on a Sony TV using the dpad controls of the TV remote, also the Netflix app on a Hisense TV also using the dpad controls of the TV remote.

How is the Hub any different to warrant you saying it's not "efficient and proper"?

I can understand you saying it's not "quick" but I find it hard to believe that the included Hub remote can't navigate Netflix...properly.
You will find Netflix on a Sony or Hisense Smart TV is using the Android TV leanback version of the Netflix App. You do not use any Air Mouse function at all when using the leanback version of this App. Its extremely remote control friendly - specifically coded for big screen TV's and remote control friendliness when using a Directional Pad (D-Pad) remote from the couch. As are all Android TV leanback Apps, you would find on the nVIDIA Shield / Google Nexus Player / most Android 2015+ smart TV's.

WeTek products are using the regular Android Lollipop OS 5.1.1, and the Apps used are built for touch screen, smartphones and tablets. You need 360 degrees of cursor movement to navigated (mimicking finger control), these regular Google Play Apps to use them quickly and access all their features in an efficient, relatively easy manner.
They are NOT designed for D-Pad remote control use. So its absolutely essential you have fast, accurate, proper 360 degrees of Air Mouse and cursor movement functionality.
Otherwise any D-Pad Air Mouse remote control , where the cursor is both slow and only goes Up/Down Left/Right becomes such an exercise in user frustration that it renders actual (touchscreen) Android Lollipop Apps - day to day use practically an abject failure.

The WeTek Core's RF Wireless 360 Air Mouse remote is fast and very accurate. Its actually a pleasure to use. The Hub's remote, well you know my feelings on that already.

This would be the same problem you will find with ALL regular Android Lollipop OS hardware devices (Non Android TV OS leanback certified) that only implement a very basic Infra Red Air Mouse D-Pad function for Android Apps use. I personally cannot stand using any Android Apps this way at all. Its the worst of the worst for Apps usability. Sad

YES Google has confused the Shit out of Android for a LOT of end users when using media player devices. Android TV (leanback) is VERY different to using the regular Android Lollipop OS so far as remote control D-Pad and Apps usability is concerned.

NB:leanback in Bold writing to completely over-emphasize the differences with Android Apps.

And to further confuse the issue.... Wink
You find some Android TV leanback Apps (and FireTV ones) can be "massaged" to work on devices like the WeTek Core running the regular Android Lollipop OS 5.1.1. No Air Mouse functionality is needed then. Details over on the WeTek forum HERE

Wow great info, thanks.

Hmm, I have preordered the Hub after waiting for it to appear for actual purchase.

It was always intended to be a Netflix 1080p 2.0 and Kodi HEVC player, that's all I wanted it for.

It's to replace an aging ATV2 which has "old" Netflix and "old" Kodi.

Has it been decided yet if that Wetek Core Air Mouse remote will be available to buy separately, and then use on the Hub?

I am almost 100% set on the hub for various reasons (size, price, feature-set...)
(2016-06-23, 06:44)KoopaTroopa Wrote: Has it been decided yet if that Wetek Core Air Mouse remote will be available to buy separately, and then use on the Hub?
That is a question for WeTek themselves to answer.
IMHO, the Core's RF Air Mouse remote (or similar) should be offered to end customers the day the Hub is released, as a extra cost purchase.
Otherwise I expect a bunch of frustrated and potentially unhappy Android users.

BTW: This Air Mouse issue, is the exact reason why MINIX offer up a number of different remote control options for their Android devices.
WeTek you NEED to respond to this remote control question and detail what you intend to offer to customers.

I still think you are making way too much of the remote. I've had every single wetek product from pre ordering the Play 1 almost 2 years ago. In that time the only time I have used the air mouse is by activating it by mistake.

The android tv version of Netflix is available on the wetek forums and works very well on the core.
Just be aware the massaged Android TV version of Netflix for the Core is NOT working on the Hub at the moment Sad
(I Really wish it were !)

Sorry but I completely disagree, the Air Mouse function is so integral to the entire usability of regular Android Apps that if you get this wrong it can actually ruin the user experience with regular Android Apps. This Hub remote is nothing at all like the excellent Core remote control. You cannot even compare the two of them.

You cannot even sign into Google Play, when powering up the Hub for the very first time without activating the Air mouse remote....
The Oz DRM video streaming App - Stan cannot be used at all without activating the Air Mouse remote....
Need I go on and list how many Apps I've had problems with when using the slow Hub D-Pad Air Mouse IR remote control ... Huh

(2016-06-23, 07:56)tredman Wrote: I still think you are making way too much of the remote. I've had every single wetek product from pre ordering the Play 1 almost 2 years ago. In that time the only time I have used the air mouse is by activating it by mistake.

The android tv version of Netflix is available on the wetek forums and works very well on the core.

Yes - I agree. I think we've got the message wrxtasy...

Just for balance - I have never used the AirMouse functionality in anger on my Core - I just don't get on with gyro-mice. I always bank on using an external RF keyboard + trackpad in Android (something like a little Rii or a Logitech 400), or a media-friendly IR (MCE RC6 combo), RF (Tivo Slide Pro) or Bluetooth (PS3 Blu-ray) remote in Open/LibreElec. The lack of decent transport controls and number keys mean most bundled remotes on 'Android' boxes are useless to me for media player usage - whether they have air mouse functionality or not.

In Kodi I want dedicated Play, Pause, Stop, Rew/FF, <-/-> Skip, Record, channel numbers, subtitles, audio track, Info, Guide, Codec OSD etc. buttons. - and am always prepared to have to supply my own remote to meet this requirement.
I could test the WeControl.App with an Android smartphone / tablet as that looks like it has a 360 degree trackpad function but well I don't have an Android smartphone.
WeTek have not released an iOS version of this WeControl.App unfortunately.

I've only ran openelec, but I am seriously considering an android box due to the need of certain apps but it would be for the living room, meaning my wife and kids are going to use it. My main question is: how do apps work with a regular remote control using the d-pad? My 6 year old and wife do use openelec which works fine but I would like if it would be possible to use d-pad for navigating the android apps as well instead of using air mouse to compensate for the lack of touch ability. I tried looking at youtube for examples but i couldnt find anything that showed me a concise example of this. the wetek due to the gui seems to be my first choice if scrapping my NUCs.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3