WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-06-24, 19:10)Kubrickian Wrote: Does this mean Andriod N will enable audio such as 24bit 92khz and 24bit 192khz files to be passed through Kodi? Right now it my understanding Andriod limits Kodi on that type of audio but Openelec works because it is Linux based.

Trying to decide on a streamer that can passthrough 24/92 and hardware decode hevc. I have a chromebox with Openelec, like the audio passthrough it but software decodes hevc. Also have a Shield that does the opposite.

Thinking the Hub could be the one of it will pass the audio properly with Openelc.
Kodi 17 on Nexus Player with Android Marshmallow or N DP4 supports 24/192 stereo PCM, 16/192 multichannel PCM outputs. I haven't tried any other hi-res audio format. The Nexus Player is not only discontinued, but doesn't also have HEVC hardware decoder. I was only making a point that it is not a limitation of Android anymore (except for 44.1kHz). It is more of an implementation issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - by wesk05 - 2016-06-25, 01:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3