WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-06-24, 19:10)Kubrickian Wrote:
(2016-06-24, 05:32)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-06-24, 05:22)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes interesting indeed, I did not expect PCM greater than 2.0.

Whilst we are on the Audio subject, can someone (maybe Koying) explain what advantages, additions etc IEC Audio passthrough provides ?

HDMI audio is packetized according to IEC-61937-xx specs. Kodi can packet the stream, but Android expects raw stream and want to do the packeting by itself. Amlogic uses IEC passthrough. Not following Android standards turned out to be good in this case. @fritsch had mentioned that the upcoming Android N will be using IEC passthrough like all other OSes. (I think I got this right).

Does this mean Andriod N will enable audio such as 24bit 92khz and 24bit 192khz files to be passed through Kodi? Right now it my understanding Andriod limits Kodi on that type of audio but Openelec works because it is Linux based.

Trying to decide on a streamer that can passthrough 24/92 and hardware decode hevc. I have a chromebox with Openelec, like the audio passthrough it but software decodes hevc. Also have a Shield that does the opposite.

Thinking the Hub could be the one of it will pass the audio properly with Openelc.

Probably though we still need to test it and the only device that is available for testing is the Nexus Player which isn't that great and doesn't support hd audio. As such we can only test ac3/dts/aec3
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - by Martijn - 2016-06-26, 08:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3