• 7(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-06-26, 21:05)zbigzbig20 Wrote: @wrxtasy, does wetek hub support some external usb dvb-s2 tuners with this le build? Maybe you tested something? Regards
Honestly, no idea what DVB C/T2/S/S2 tuners would work.
My very old dual tuner - Play TV DVB-T (dibcom 0700) will work as that is supported by the v3.14 Linux S905 Kernel used in LE.
Research that could be done is by looking at the ODROID C2 forums and seeing what DVB's users are successfully using on that S905 device.

Then there is linuxtv.org that lists DVB's compatible with various versions of the Linux Kernels.
https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/H...nformation

I don't get involved supporting any Hardware for an old v3.14 Linux Kernel, thats what Commercial companies need to do.

Hello, does HDMI-CEC works properly, and if i use OpenElec/LibreElec exclusively can i ditch the original remote or is needed to power up/down? thanks
Hi there @wrxtasy, I wrote the LibreELEC image you shared onto a mSD card, inserted into Hub, but no matter what, it keeps booting up into Android. I tried pressing power button (when below comes up) once, twice, and even held it down. Any ideas?

Used Win32DiskImager as I usually do, same as when I tested WeTek Core w/OE.

Just pulled out the mSD card and here's what it looks like...

[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Yes updated Firmware is needed from WeTek from what is shipped with the test Hub's...
Beware it may revert to the old WeTek mediaplayer from what you have there.

This is what I was given: Hub - Dual Boot

Save .zip to USB Stick, Reboot to recovery, apply from ext. I'm sure you've done it before....

I submitted the pre-order.
I understand that the remote is bad, but if you use the Kore app do you need it? If I understand there is an app to control the Wetek from any android device.
@katwax apps that make use of the dpad (all WeTek, some Android TV that work and some not Android TV but that handle focusing properly) will work just fine, for all the other what I personally use on any device is a Logiteck K400 keyboard + touchpad as after many years I am still a very lousy airmouse user while with the trackpad I go like a champ Smile
(2016-06-28, 04:42)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes updated Firmware is needed from WeTek from what is shipped with the test Hub's...
Beware it may revert to the old WeTek mediaplayer from what you have there.

This is what I was given: Hub - Dual Boot

Save .zip to USB Stick, Reboot to recovery, apply from ext. I'm sure you've done it before....
Thanks. Anything else in this updated f/w besides addition of dual-boot option?
My Family Room Theater
I just hold the Hub's IR remote power button down all the time till the LibreELEC boot screen appears.
That LE image confirmed working by myself and droidELEC.

I believe the Firmware - Christian T has given you is even more up to date than my Dual Boot version.

(2016-06-28, 14:55)ChristianTroy Wrote: @katwax apps that make use of the dpad (all WeTek, some Android TV that work and some not Android TV but that handle focusing properly) will work just fine, for all the other what I personally use on any device is a Logiteck K400 keyboard + touchpad as after many years I am still a very lousy airmouse user while with the trackpad I go like a champ Smile

Lol, that means I won't miss it Smile
(2016-06-28, 15:43)wrxtasy Wrote: I just hold the Hub's IR remote power button down all the time till the LibreELEC boot screen appears.
That LE image confirmed working by myself and droidELEC.

I believe the Firmware - Christian T has given you is even more up to date than my Dual Boot version.
Yep, 20160624 vs. 20160621. I'm using whatever shipping build was installed. I'll try the June 24 build and check if it allows boot into LE, holding down 'power'.
My Family Room Theater
hdmkv,

When see boot menu just press few times power button, not just holding it.
With shipping build I have (not sure which build it is), 20160624 or 20160621? Or, doesn't matter?
My Family Room Theater
I'm completely confused now !
All I know is the DB-J29-wetekhub-ota-2016-06-21_13-24-01.zip version I have previously linked to works for Dual Boot.
I also tested the .img file to make sure it works when flashed to a SD card.

The stock build on my Hub was 2016-06-13. Dual-boot doesn't work with this.

The build @wrxtasy shared is 2016-06-21.

The build @CT shared is 2016-06-24. Figured I may as well install this latest. After install, rebooted and had to press 'Power' button multiple times in succession to boot into the LibreELEC build @wrxtasy shared on previous page. WeTek guys, I'd either fix this so it's just a single press, or revise verbiage on initial screen that multiple presses are required. Also, the included WeTek remote doesn't function with LibreELEC... plugged in my Logitech K400 keyboard.

Now, for the good part... 23.976 is output properly as on the Android OS side, and all HD audio formats bitstream well. Tested DTS:HRA/MA/X and DDTonguelus/TrueHD/ATMOS. Also, 5.1 AAC and FLAC pass fine as full multichannel, as do LPCM 5.1 and 7.1.

Didn't notice any real performance bump in LibreELEC, maybe except for 200Mbps Jellyfish bitrate clip now playing fine (vs. 180Mbps max w/Android), after initial pre-buffering. VC-1 29.970 for example played about the same, with slight judder as w/Android.

@wrxtasy, 3D MVC MKV didn't play well. Initially, my projector switched to 3D mode, sensing a proper 3D signal, but then it went out of 3D mode and the picture was blank. When I pressed the 'Enter' key on my K400, I could see it was in SBS mode. 3D ISO just played in 2D mode. Honestly, I'd stop worrying about 3D MVC for AML S905... looks like S905X/S912 may finally support it properly, if Xiaomi's Mi Box specs are to be believed.

Updated review on p.5.
My Family Room Theater
Wow !
I did not expect 5.1 AAC and FLAC to passthrough as full Multichannel, plus LPCM 5.1 and 7.1.
EAC3 / DD+ is also working !
That is a first for LibreELEC on any AML platform !
I'm thinking the updated v3.14 AML Kernel in LibreELEC has done the trick.
Or I've finally hit the right combo of AML Kodi Audio and Kernel patches. Smile

hdmkv, Post #2 review updated , but look at this pls....did you test 10bit DolbyVision with LE ?
As the LG Demo DolbyVision Comparison.mkv clip I used played back fine on the Hub, which the older Rev. B S905 really struggled with. This includes all other S905 devices on the market.

As well 720/1080p<<--->>2160p refresh switches and resolution scales properly in LibreELEC on the Hub / C2 vs being buggy in Android.

@ WeTeK, please,please going forward, just tell users all you need to do is HOLD the power button down until either the LibreELEC / OpenELEC or Android Logo appears. I've NEVER found multiple power button presses effective for dual boot even on the Core.

Trivia point: LibreELEC is noticeably quicker when run from eMMC vs slower microSDHC cards.

Usability point with dual boot: Once you have used LibreELEC you no longer have to mess around with the power button upon reboot as the Hub stays with that OS until the user intervenes and switched again.

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3