WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-07-08, 06:42)wrxtasy Wrote: The trouble is Ned, even if I use the Core's remote control, not all the buttons work properly, this will be the case with any 3rd party Air mice / Keyboards.
An integrated WeTek solution really is preferred, EXACTLY the same options as MINIX offer. Users will pay for this superior integrated solution.

After all WeTek have gone to the trouble and expense of getting proper Android DRM and Netflix support. To only implement a very basic D-PAD solution for Android App control makes very little sense and seems like a complete waste of time and effort.
In the end its the users that are paying for this DRM support.

Yes I'm banging on about this repeatedly, but I really expect better support from WeTek BEFORE the device goes on sale to the public.
See what happens when you set such a high support standard ! Wink

All of the buttons work correctly. If you're talking about keymaps, Kodi for Android can't load keymaps based on USB ID, and v17 will have WeTek specific keymaps for Linux (assuming the PR gets accepted, and there is no reason for it to be rejected).

Minix is no better off. If they were, then good news, their remote is plug and play with any other Android box.

They are selling one device for both Android and Linux installs, and they're trying to offer the hardware for cheap. Including the air mouse increases the price, and for nothing. No one, not even WeTek, will be able to make the "best" remote, because everyone has different requirements. Buy the base unit, then buy what you need. It comes with an acceptable base remote.

There's a market for people who want certain playback quality, the ability to run other OSes/firmware, having the full Google Play store, great software support, and other such things. That's WeTek's market. IMO, that's an advanced user market, and not for people looking for a turnkey solution.

Food for thought: The absolute best Android box is the Nvidia Shield TV, and it has the worst POS remote.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - by Ned Scott - 2016-07-08, 13:06
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3