• 13(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-07-10, 10:44)wrxtasy Wrote: Previously when ordering the WeTek Core - even when using the standard free shipping worldwide, delivery was quick.
With that in mind why is everyone using Expedited Shipping. Or is that the only option available now available ?
Sounds like the WeTek ordering & shipping cost calculation backend software is not setup properly.

When I went to order expedited shipping was the only option.

(2016-07-10, 10:44)wrxtasy Wrote: Previously when ordering the WeTek Core - even when using the standard free shipping worldwide, delivery was quick.
With that in mind why is everyone using Expedited Shipping. Or is that the only option available now available ?
Sounds like the WeTek ordering & shipping cost calculation backend software is not setup properly.

Australia Shipping "option"

vs

UK shipping options

I also show the TAX being charged for both countries.

Is this unique to the Hub? Was the Core shipping options like this too?

It's certainly a huge bottleneck to people outside UK - and specifically Australia - to buy this device when the shipping component is a gargantuan chunk of the overall purchase price.
(2016-07-11, 03:13)KoopaTroopa Wrote: I also show the TAX being charged for both countries.

Is this unique to the Hub? Was the Core shipping options like this too?

Check your Australian link again. There is no tax being charged.

Your second question has been answered on this thread (you even quoted it)
(2016-07-11, 04:36)HomerJau Wrote: Check your Australian link again. There is no tax being charged.
That was my point, so that if anyone had any questions on Tax, they could see that it shows zero

Quote:Your second question has been answered on this thread (you even quoted it)
EDIT: I should've been clearer, I meant when the Core first got launched was it like the Hub and "forced" option. The UK has two options at the moment for the Hub, was that the case when the Core was launched?

I certainly don't know, hence the question. Hoping someone knows, because then maybe it's a trend and the Hub will eventually get "free worldwide shipping".
Last I heard UK was still part of the EU and tax is charged Smile

No tax outside EU.
Just got a reply from wetek saying that since standard shipping to my country costs the same as express they chose to include express shipping only.
I wonder where they are shipping from because 44$ for standard shipping seems very high
(2016-07-11, 11:14)alextav Wrote: I wonder where they are shipping from because 44$ for standard shipping seems very high

Logical guess would be they are airfreighting in bulk the first batch from China to the EU, then shipping them individually from the Eu elsewhere.
Shipping is from Slovenia
(2016-07-11, 12:03)ChristianTroy Wrote: Shipping is from Slovenia

Yes, but they are made in China and freighted (by air) to Slovenia right?
So I checked the Slovenian post and shipping really is 40 euro so I guess the wetek representative was right, but I'm still bummed cause that means I won't be ordering the device Sad
I wonder if they plan to ship from other locations which could be cheaper in the future.
(2016-07-11, 12:35)808? Wrote:
(2016-07-11, 12:03)ChristianTroy Wrote: Shipping is from Slovenia

Yes, but they are made in China and freighted (by air) to Slovenia right?

Yes
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
(2016-07-11, 13:58)alextav Wrote: So I checked the Slovenian post and shipping really is 40 euro so I guess the wetek representative was right, but I'm still bummed cause that means I won't be ordering the device Sad
I wonder if they plan to ship from other locations which could be cheaper in the future.

I'd love one but yes too expensive for me as well. The price difference makes the Beelink miniMXIII the best choice for me although I'm waiting for the new revision to appear before I buy. Err and the custom ROM's to reach maturity! Big Grin
Shipping cost to Italy is "only" 10 for standard shipping and 15 for express mmm... So judging last posts we are lucky that for us Solvenia is "just around the corner"
For me is really around the corner, I live near the border Tongue
(2016-07-11, 17:47)ChristianTroy Wrote: For me is really around the corner, I live near the border Tongue
Nice [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] for you it's the cost of a bus ticket Wink
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3