• 15(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-07-12, 11:31)Tó Madeira Wrote:
(2016-07-12, 11:16)ggp759 Wrote: Hello all. I have some questions if you please:

1)If i want to run libreelec for the hub and to have adequate space for kodi libraries etc which type of sd card to get? I need something that is fast and compatible with the hub.

2)Also hows the dual booting work?

3)How do i install librelec on the sdcard?

4)Can i use builds from the libreelec thread in linux support?

I know some of this questions are basic but am a noob.

Thanks very much for this.

1- any class 10 mSD card will be fast.
2- the same as other wetek products (point-click-done)
3-you should take a look on their website, they have lots of tutorials with video and such

(2016-07-12, 11:48)wrxtasy Wrote: 1) Proven SD cards are Samsung EVO+ Class 10 UHS1 microSDHC ones, make sure it comes with an SD <-> microSDHC adapter to inseret into a PC or Mac. 16/32/64/128 GB, take your pick. If Samsung cannot be found then Sandisk Class 10 UHS1.

2) Hold down the IR Remote Power button when the WeTek Logo screen shows during bootup, to flip flop between LibreELEC and Android

3) Grab a LibreELEC.img.gz and then follow these instructions:
https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?title=Installation

4) No, you have to use WeTek Hub specific builds, my LibreELEC Hub .img.gz files will be found either on Page #1 of this thread or in the WeTek forums.

Thanks very very much for all the help. Also something else. Hub does not support HDR10 in either Android or Libreelec? On the AV tests i see that Dolby vision is supported on Libreelec but next to it says that the chip does not support HDR by design which is kind of contradictory.
DolbyVision clips are able to Play Only
No one said anything about comprehensive HDR10 video output or Dolbyvision support at all, you are coming to that conclusion all by yourself.

Read what was written again very carefully.
Quote:and even DolbyVision videos surprisingly play!

There is NO HDR 10bit video output or Dolbyvision support on a AML S905 Rev B or C.

I'm over-emphasizing this to make it absolutely clear and to make sure there is no confusion !
WeTek are not advertising these features either.

(2016-07-12, 13:53)wrxtasy Wrote: DolbyVision clips are able to Play Only
No one said anything about comprehensive HDR10 video output or Dolbyvision support at all, you are coming to that conclusion all by yourself.

Read what was written again very carefully.
Quote:and even DolbyVision videos surprisingly play!

There is NO HDR 10bit video output or Dolbyvision support on a AML S905 Rev B or C.

I'm over-emphasizing this to make it absolutely clear and to make sure there is no confusion !
WeTek are not advertising these features either.

thanks for clearing that up.
Edited that bit in my review to add this footnote:
Quote:While HDR10 and DolbyVision (a form of HDR) videos do play, they do so in standard mode. No ultrawide color gamut (Rec 2020 color space). No AML S905 SoC's support actual HDR output.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Hi all,
silent follower of Wetek and Hub threads for some time now.

Thanks to @wrxtasy and @hdmkv for their info and testing!

I have placed an order for the Hub, after debating between Hub and Odroid C2.
They do come very close in price so i opted for the integrated solution of the Wetek.
Very much looking forward....! Also to Play2S but for that we have to wait even longer Confused

Does anywone know when a libreelec image will be made available for the Hub? Their download page doesn't list one yet....
Get your magnifying glass out.... Wink
Hint, there is a blue hyperlink in Post #2...

Just for info, the C2 is noticeably quicker running LibreELEC from eMMC, especially since new OpenGL r6p1 video drivers have just been added.
I suspect PCM Multichannel audio > 2.0 channels, may be working as well in a test version of LE.

@hdmkv, do you need me to edit post #2 to reflect the HDR10 and Dolbyvision info ?
I will also have to correct your info on the WeTek refresh switcher App, as functionality is now completely opposite to that, which was originally on the Core.

The only Apps that should be highlighted in Blue are Kodi, WeTek Mediaplayer and Plex. They all do their own refresh switching. All other Android video Apps will Autoswitch using Level 2 Kernel code signalling.

Just when i thought i read it all..
I stand corrected Rolleyes
wrxtasy i did suspect Odroid C2 & eMMC to be faster but the Hub is a bit more friendly and works out of the box (thus it can be passed on to family members if it comes to thatBlush)
plus, it also has eMMC onboard so...
(2016-06-30, 14:26)hdmkv Wrote: You can install LE/OE on eMMC, but don't believe you can have Android installed on mSD... to get back to Android, you'd need to flash the Hub I believe and install Android back on the eMMC. @droidelec or @CT can fill us in on this.
i guess this would be the new frontier of debate between the two then.
Hi all, I've ordered a hub and the only question I have would be based around the audio passthrough.

I have a sonos playbar and therefore use a creative usb sound card to passthrough the 5.1 audio as my TV, although it outputs optical, only does it in stereo.

http://uk.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/s...nd-5-1-pro

I've also started using libreelec instead of openelec which the hub seems to be working really well with....so will the hub and libreelec support this sound card?

Thanks for any help before I have to work out how to totally change my system!
@wrxtasy, sure please go ahead with both edits. Thanks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-07-11, 23:04)Stimmenhotel Wrote: I have a question about netflix and stereo only...
Why is this? Is there a limitation by amlogic soc? Or netflix? 5.1 only "for premuim customers of netflix" (like amazon)?

@droidelec, I am curios why we won't get netflix with 5.1 support.
I have no surround system but still interessted why.
(2016-07-12, 22:36)Stimmenhotel Wrote:
(2016-07-11, 23:04)Stimmenhotel Wrote: I have a question about netflix and stereo only...
Why is this? Is there a limitation by amlogic soc? Or netflix? 5.1 only "for premuim customers of netflix" (like amazon)?

@droidelec, I am curios why we won't get netflix with 5.1 support.
I have no surround system but still interessted why.

The limitation is from the app. It's using the tablet version of Netflix, which assumes the user is only using stereo. There is some success side loading the Android TV Netflix for multichannel audio, but that should be seen as experimental/unofficial for now.
Long time lurker first time poster.

I have been waiting a long time for the HUB to drop. But at 40 Euro shipping i am going to pass. This is insane shipping pricing.

Wetek, wanna love you but get your shipping prices in order !

Well if they dont sort this out then C2 here i come.
(2016-07-13, 00:00)Ned Scott Wrote: The limitation is from the app. It's using the tablet version of Netflix, which assumes the user is only using stereo. There is some success side loading the Android TV Netflix for multichannel audio, but that should be seen as experimental/unofficial for now.

Well, that shouldn't be the problem after all, since the TV version is on apkmirror.
Thanks for this info, if I ever own a 5.1 system, I will remember this Smile
Another question.

If I use a third party usb remote (mele f10 deluxe).
Will I be able to use the dual-boot mode? Or do I need the IR-remote to boot into the sec. system?
the infrared will surely use a different factory code and keycode so the bootloader cannot recognize it (the very same reason why only the stock remote can wake it up from standby)
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3