• 16(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-07-15, 16:04)Stimmenhotel Wrote: Another question.

If I use a third party usb remote (mele f10 deluxe).
Will I be able to use the dual-boot mode? Or do I need the IR-remote to boot into the sec. system?

You can learn the power on command, (which should be the same for changing system),
then you should be able to boot and change system to boot by pressing the power button you've learned with your mele f10 deluxe.
Will Kodi 17 run on the Hub without issues or there still is somthing to be done with the "amlcodec stuff" (am not sure about dat codec stuff)?
Kodi v17 unfortunately will not run that smooth like it was on v16. But anyway, OpenELEC/LibreELEC builds will still utilize amcodec, and for Android there is WeTek Media Player which is fork of Kodi.
(2016-07-15, 18:40)droidelec Wrote: Kodi v17 unfortunately will not run that smooth like it was on v16. But anyway, OpenELEC/LibreELEC builds will still utilize amcodec, and for Android there is WeTek Media Player which is fork of Kodi.

Thanks for the quick answer Smile So will der be any Version working with Inputstream plugin which needs V17?
(2016-07-15, 16:45)lama0900 Wrote: You can learn the power on command, (which should be the same for changing system),
then you should be able to boot and change system to boot by pressing the power button you've learned with your mele f10 deluxe.

Completely forgot about the IR recording part xD
Still I need it for my TV Rolleyes
Well, we will see if the device arrives.
Maybe I need to buy that new remote from wetek too ... I waited soo long for a good mele deal -.-' xD
(2016-07-13, 19:34)Big Bopper Wrote: Long time lurker first time poster.

I have been waiting a long time for the HUB to drop. But at 40 Euro shipping i am going to pass. This is insane shipping pricing.

Wetek, wanna love you but get your shipping prices in order !

Well if they dont sort this out then C2 here i come.
Perhaps club together with some friends and buy a few, they only seem to charge one shipping fee.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-07-15, 19:32)Vlaves Wrote:
(2016-07-15, 18:40)droidelec Wrote: Kodi v17 unfortunately will not run that smooth like it was on v16. But anyway, OpenELEC/LibreELEC builds will still utilize amcodec, and for Android there is WeTek Media Player which is fork of Kodi.

Thanks for the quick answer Smile So will der be any Version working with Inputstream plugin which needs V17?

Eventually, yes. It might not be vanilla Kodi, and might be called something else to comply with Kodi trademark rules, but there will be a v17-based version that will work very well. I don't have an ETA on that, though.
(2016-07-15, 23:17)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-07-15, 19:32)Vlaves Wrote:

Eventually, yes. It might not be vanilla Kodi, and might be called something else to comply with Kodi trademark rules, but there will be a v17-based version that will work very well. I don't have an ETA on that, though.
Awsome to hear tthat Smile I just hope that this different called Kodi will still have AddOn support Smile
Hi should I get worried? I read that cnx was having trouble with he's HUB.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/03/09/w...processor/

Really considering to cancel my order and buy a second Shield, just hard to justify spending 200€ for a bedroom media player.

Yep, new registration and first post but a lurker for a good few years.
Nice that you just registered to share your concern with us Smile Issue with sample of CNX is definitively something else.

With your money feel free to buy anything you want.
(2016-07-16, 02:05)Dave 130R Wrote: Hi should I get worried? I read that cnx was having trouble with he's HUB.

Really considering to cancel my order and buy a second Shield, just hard to justify spending 200€ for a bedroom media player.

The unit he received appears to be defective and a replacement review unit is being sent to him. So far this seems to be an isolated issue. Even Nvidia has their fair share of occasional defective units, but both companies are quick to send replacements.
Would like to understand the hierarchy here on this forum re Wetek.

Droidelec is a sponsor....so he is from Wetek?

Ned Scott, you are listed here as "Wiki Guy" but when i follow the link posted above re concerns over the HUB i see the last post in the comments section says ned@WeTek.com. Are you also with Wetek?

I have no interest in all the politics of this but i would like to know who is who when it comes to reading comments posted by the various players.

Then i follow the link and read the thread referenced so as to be informed and then i see Ned Scott with an email address for Wetek, Now this is of itself not a problem, i would just like to know who has a horse in this race as i read comments and follow along, so that i may make an INFORMED decision on where i spend my money, as Droidelec suggests.

I am simply interested in a set top box to play video files. For a long time i was following the RP2/3. Then I started following WRXTASY and his C2 Odroid adventures.I was really set to go with that. Then all the talk of the HUB. So i waited and waited and waited...........and waited some more, and more, then some more again.

Now the unit drops,(at lasssssst) and it has insane shipping prices, nasty comments from Droidelec about go spend your money wherever you like due to what i saw as a legitimate fear that something may not be right with the HUB (and after all it is OUR money being consumed by very expensive shipping costs which cant be refunded if the HUB is indeed faulty and needs to be returned)

Will I be attacked by Wetek forum participators because this is only post 2 here from me on the forum? It can be legitimate you know,....someone posting for the first time to comment on something that concerns them. In my case i was so alarmed by the outrageous shipping prices that it prompted me to register and comment rather then just "lurk" along. I waited Soooooooo long for the HUB then see i will pay 50% of the price of the hardware in shipping.

Then as i read along and follow the HUB progress i see nasty comments to a forum member by a forum sponsor.

I say again, it seems legitimate that the guy who posted the link to the CNX item has a genuine concern.

What say you WETEK ?

Do you expect us to pay outrageous shipping fees that cant be refunded if we have to return our units if they do indeed turn out to be faulty or are you going to reach out to us to assure us in a polite way that things are under control? Or will we have to suffer nasty comments from Wetek associates on this forum if we post our concerns over what may (or may not) turn out to be faulty hardware?

Wetek, please tell me why i should spend my money with you if i have to suffer rude and nasty comments from your associates on this forum if i run into problems with your HUB and post same here.

C2 seems to be a very viable option for my needs, but i would like to give the HUB a go. But i need to feel assured that the company behind it is not arrogant and rude to its users. Who needs that hassle?

For the record i follow WRXTASY on this section of the forum. It appears to me he is a devoted developer around here and has no horse in the race so i feel i can trust his word here. He says the HUB is good so on that basis i will proceed. But if the company comes across to me as rude and arrogant, Droidelec, you are right, i will go spend my money elsewhere if that is how i can expect to be treated by Wetek around here.
DroidElec is from Wetek. He represents his company. Ned was involved with Kodi for years before he started working for Wetek. I'd trust him to be truthful, evenhanded and fair in what he says. wrxtasy gets sent new toys by Wetek and is a bit of Wetek fan. Still, careful to be objective.

DroidElec seemed a bit suspicious that you registered for the forums just to make a negative comment. Stick around and prove him (or her?) wrong. Other than that, just make it like water off a duck's back and move on. That would be my suggestion. I agree with you on the shipping. Totally kills it for me.
I think you read a bit too much into droidelec's post, English is not his first language and often posts in English from Europeans (and Eastern Europeans in particular) can come across harsher than they are meant to be.

Yes he and Ned both work for wetek (I'm sure they have both been open about this).

I don't have a Hub, but I have had all the other weteks. The software may not be perfect at first, but you can guarantee wetek will support and improve it and their hardware returns are excellent. I bought the first box, wetek Play, on release - it was not great then, but they have worked and improved the software for nearly 2 years. Now I still use it as my tv server and it has been up for over 2 months continuously, I'm very impressed. Given the reviews on here the Hub looks like it could be a very good purchase.
(2016-07-16, 03:14)droidelec Wrote: Nice that you just registered to share your concern with us Smile Issue with sample of CNX is definitively something else.

With your money feel free to buy anything you want.

(2016-07-16, 06:25)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-07-16, 02:05)Dave 130R Wrote: Hi should I get worried? I read that cnx was having trouble with he's HUB.

The unit he received appears to be defective and a replacement review unit is being sent to him. So far this seems to be an isolated issue. Even Nvidia has their fair share of occasional defective units, but both companies are quick to send replacements.

Thanks for you answers, I of course do realize that hardware products from other manufacturers can also be defective.
The difference with them is that I buy them from a local (web)shop so warranty issues would be more easy than resolve then dealing with a company from Slovenia.
I'm really wondering how Wetek handles warranty issues and shipping costs if I receive a defective unit.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3