• 18(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
If I buy this remote control Toshiba RC-1910, would it work on Wetek Play 2 STB if I changes the remote control codes?
(2016-07-17, 17:46)Pr0ph3cyTiger Wrote: If I buy this remote control Toshiba RC-1910, would it work on Wetek Play 2 STB if I changes the remote control codes?
Noone will give you a guarantee. Fact is that amlogics ir reciever can be supported by meson-ir kernel driver and every remote working with lirc can work too.
Today they should start shipping...
Hope that people report back here once they got their unit
(2016-07-18, 10:34)alexdanis Wrote: Today they should start shipping...
Hope that people report back here once they got their unit
Just Got DHL express notice, expected delivery tomorrow. I only wanted normal shopping, no need for express. I only paid 10€...
@Netweaver could you indicate your country of residence?
That should give us an indication of how fast they go how far? Tongue
(2016-07-18, 14:22)alexdanis Wrote: @Netweaver could you indicate your country of residence?
That should give us an indication of how fast they go how far? Tongue
Belgium. But the status of the parcel is not even 'picked up' yet. It seems that DHL express by default delivers at least before end of next day. So we'll see.
I also had an email that my order was shipped. Expected transit time 1 day to the Netherlands.
Hello!

How ist the upscaling quality of 720p content on the Hub? Can it compare to lanczos/spline on x86 devices? Im asking because on the Rpi3 this is the biggest issue with the device that Im having (very mediocre-bad upscaling of 720p).

Also is there any info how good or bad the deinterlacing quality of SD and HD material is on the Hub?
@Trazer and @Netweaver nothing for me still. Also in the Netherlands
Guess it also has to do with when the order was actually submitted. Mine was July 10th
Does any one have a amlogic device with Marshmallow and can test official Kodi nightly build with passthrough (and refreshrate switching off)? I read somewhere the Hub will also get Marshmallow?

AMLogic told me they are following official Android API passthrough in the Marshmallow SDK and they will ship me a reference boar so i can test as well.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-07-18, 14:53)8-BaLL Wrote: Hello!

How ist the upscaling quality of 720p content on the Hub? Can it compare to lanczos/spline on x86 devices? Im asking because on the Rpi3 this is the biggest issue with the device that Im having (very mediocre-bad upscaling of 720p).

Also is there any info how good or bad the deinterlacing quality of SD and HD material is on the Hub?
I cannot comment on upscaling comparisons compared to x86 devices but I really don't have any scaling quality complaints when viewing video on my 4K TV. Virtually all video manipulation is done in Hardware on AML devices by the VPU (Video Processing Unit)

As for mpeg2 / h264 - SD / HD deinterlacing quality, its very good indeed using Motion Adaptive, Edge Enhancing - Hardware deinterlacing (VPU). No need to use the CPU/GPU which results in no OS or GUI slowdowns like you would see with a RPi.

Some versions of Kodi like my LibreELEC can also use excellent quality full motion YADIFx2 software deinterlacing for mpeg2 .vob DVD Rips or 480/576i mpeg2 TV viewing. Smile

(2016-07-18, 15:18)alexdanis Wrote: @Trazer and @Netweaver nothing for me still. Also in the Netherlands
Guess it also has to do with when the order was actually submitted. Mine was July 10th

I guess you are right. I submitted my order two days ago on saturday and got no notification, too.
(2016-07-18, 16:40)nativesys Wrote:
(2016-07-18, 15:18)alexdanis Wrote: @Trazer and @Netweaver nothing for me still. Also in the Netherlands

I guess you are right. I submitted my order two days ago on saturday and got no notification, too.

Seems like it! Nothing for me either, and I placed my order on July 11th.
(2016-07-18, 15:30)Martijn Wrote: Does any one have a amlogic device with Marshmallow and can test official Kodi nightly build with passthrough (and refreshrate switching off)? I read somewhere the Hub will also get Marshmallow?

AMLogic told me they are following official Android API passthrough in the Marshmallow SDK and they will ship me a reference boar so i can test as well.

I will test it Martijn. But I think @hdmkv can test as well as he have his super AVR Smile
My order date was July 9th. So if that is the case it might only take a day longer.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3