• 20(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
So after some testing: for now I'm happy it's the first Amlogic box that works out of the box without tricks. I noticed that there is Kodi 17 pre installed, in which passthrough works both Dolby and Dts and also in wetek player. In kodi live TV with TV headend stutter and if I play a 4k channels , kodi crash. No problem with wetek player everything works fine.

One Question is it possible to select which DEFAULT Os to boot without press power key? Every boot? Thanks!
(2016-07-19, 12:45)HomerJau Wrote: I got my shipping notification a couple hours ago. 3 days to Australia. Not bad! Although it will probably be held up going through customs I expect. Recent changes from July 1st. We used to have no tax on imports <$1000 now there's no minimum, so tax will need to be paid...
That is actually incorrect. There is still no Tax on Imports <$1000 for Australia.
This is the current information direct from the Government website:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Impo/Buyi

This bill has to get through Parliament yet before any changes are even made:
http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/sear...3Abillhome

(2016-07-19, 13:21)anthonytex Wrote: So after some testing: for now I'm happy it's the first Amlogic box that works out of the box without tricks. I noticed that there is Kodi 17 pre installed, in which passthrough works both Dolby and Dts and also in wetek player. In kodi live TV with TV headend stutter and if I play a 4k channels , kodi crash. No problem with wetek player everything works fine.

One Question is it possible to select which DEFAULT Os to boot without press power key? Every boot? Thanks!

There is also new OTA, so You can do online update. Kodi v17 Beta no more use amcodec, so that is reason why it crash. WeTek Media Player which is in fact fork of Kodi, should work great.
(2016-07-19, 13:00)Netweaver Wrote:
(2016-07-19, 10:35)Netweaver Wrote:
(2016-07-18, 14:25)Netweaver Wrote: Belgium. But the status of the parcel is not even 'picked up' yet. It seems that DHL express by default delivers at least before end of next day. So we'll see.
Arrived!
1st results not 100% positive yet. Will need more effort (probably from me) to get dts playing over avr. It still sees 2 channel audio only and when I set wetek video player audio to pass through, no sound at all. Grrr. Will try later, now have to strip a complete kitchen + tile floor, screed and concrete slab

Did you enable in Android settings HDMI Passthrough?
(2016-07-19, 13:33)droidelec Wrote:
(2016-07-19, 13:21)anthonytex Wrote: So after some testing: for now I'm happy it's the first Amlogic box that works out of the box without tricks. I noticed that there is Kodi 17 pre installed, in which passthrough works both Dolby and Dts and also in wetek player. In kodi live TV with TV headend stutter and if I play a 4k channels , kodi crash. No problem with wetek player everything works fine.

There is also new OTA, so You can do online update. Kodi v17 Beta no more use amcodec, so that is reason why it crash. WeTek Media Player which is in fact fork of Kodi, should work great.

Thanks droidelec, it was the first thing that i've doneWink (if you mean the Wetek Os 1.0.1). So we should use Wetek Play as default video player ? Smile
(2016-07-19, 13:34)droidelec Wrote:
(2016-07-19, 13:00)Netweaver Wrote:
(2016-07-19, 10:35)Netweaver Wrote: Arrived!
1st results not 100% positive yet. Will need more effort (probably from me) to get dts playing over avr. It still sees 2 channel audio only and when I set wetek video player audio to pass through, no sound at all. Grrr. Will try later, now have to strip a complete kitchen + tile floor, screed and concrete slab

At 1st device boot? Yes. Afterwards I can't find that setting anymore in the Android settings app. Device-sounds is v meager. Is it possible to give an overview of all settings needed in android +media player to get pass through all the way to the avr in WetekOS 1.0.1? My avr supports up to dts HD MA & Dolby true HD. I really wanted to enjoy finally more than 2 channels again. Maybe I should download the libreelec version and try there too.
(2016-07-19, 13:54)Netweaver Wrote:
(2016-07-19, 13:34)droidelec Wrote:
(2016-07-19, 13:00)Netweaver Wrote: 1st results not 100% positive yet. Will need more effort (probably from me) to get dts playing over avr. It still sees 2 channel audio only and when I set wetek video player audio to pass through, no sound at all. Grrr. Will try later, now have to strip a complete kitchen + tile floor, screed and concrete slab

At 1st device boot? Yes. Afterwards I can't find that setting anymore in the Android settings app. Device-sounds is v meager. Is it possible to give an overview of all settings needed in android +media player to get pass through all the way to the avr in WetekOS 1.0.1? My avr supports up to dts HD MA & Dolby true HD. I really wanted to enjoy finally more than 2 channels again. Maybe I should download the libreelec version and try there too.

Well form the home screen if you go to settings> audio settings > digital sounds > i have hdmi here
Then in kodi o wetek player in system> audio > i've enabled passthrough and also "my system support dolby digital" "my system support dts"
here i also selected 5.1 speaker according to my configuration

@droidelec ops just noticed that the last "booted os" was the default one after reboot sorry i was pressing that power button too much AngelRofl
(2016-06-26, 19:55)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-06-24, 03:19)hdmkv Wrote:
  • Versatility: About all equal, for different reasons
    [i]- [The bang-for-the-buck option!]
    Hub only costs about $100, supports Netflix HD, allows easy Android/OpenELEC switching, and there's excellent support by WeTek
Yes Versatility and Bang for the Buck, I totally agree Smile
Thanks to WeTek developer Codesnake, I've been supplied with the Kernel / Bootloader / OpenELEC source code for the Hub. So I put that to good use and plugged it into my LibreELEC build system. ODROID C2 users will be very familiar with what a LibreELEC AML S905 system can do:

LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.0.2.img.gz
  • + Easily, Dual boot - LE or OE / Android Lollipop, using IR power button on the Hub remote.
  • + 5.1 AC3 / DTS Passthrough
  • + 5.1 / 7.1 True HD and DTS-HD MA/HRA Passthrough should work (untested - no AVR)
  • + Fixed Interlaced DVD playback with YADIFx2 full motion - Software deinterlacing for 480i/576i mpeg2 content.
  • = Faster SD TV channel switching as well !
  • + Fixed 720 / 1080p << -- >> 2160p auto refresh and resolution switching / scaling problem. (patch to be upstreamed)
  • + Fixed problematic HEVC playback with certain video clips.
  • + Davilla's (MrMC) MySQL configurator added - moved from advancedsettings.xml to the Kodi GUI
  • + Running the Interactive CPU Governor as a heat / performance compromise.
  • + Custom performance patches and added Kodi tweaks, too many to mention.
  • + ARM64 modded LibreELEC Addons working out of the box.
  • + PVR's Client Addons, pre-compiled and included (Settings > MyAddons)
  • ~ 3D MVC ISO playback (Half Res.) is a WIP, based on Koying's code.
  • - PCM Multichannel Audio output > 2.0 will likely not work (untested), S905 C2 LibreELEC Audio Comparison here.
  • - Smooth VC-1 Bluray playback is an ongoing issue.
  • - The Hub's IR remote is not yet supported, I'm using FLIRC & the Core's RF Remote.
  • + An unexpected surprise was that with either, updated AML Kernel source code, or the AML S905 Rev. C SoC. Playback of 2160p DolbyVison clips is now possible. (LG Demo DolbyVision Comparison.mkv used)
  • + Astra SES 10bit 2160p50hz Satellite video clips that previously showed Pixellation playback problems on other AML S905's, now have No playback issues on the Rev. C S905 in the Hub Smile
Alternate .tar update with different asound.conf configuration:
LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.0.2.Alt.asound.conf.tar

A minimal OS like LibreELEC, even running from a Class 6 SD card, makes for a nippy little Kodi system, especially once optimised and tweaked !
Handing over to Mr hdmkv Wink

Hi i've installed your build and it seems to work fine, thanks for thatSmile may i ask you how to enable the remote controller? it doesn't work for me Sad should i also apply the update that you post here?
Funny you should ask, I'm very slowly uploading via the String and Tin can system we commonly - call the Internet here in Australia an update that fixes IR remote control.
I will post a link when its finished....no need to update again...that is just an experimental Multichannel PCM Audio build.

(2016-07-18, 15:42)wrxtasy Wrote: I cannot comment on upscaling comparisons compared to x86 devices but I really don't have any scaling quality complaints when viewing video on my 4K TV. Virtually all video manipulation is done in Hardware on AML devices by the VPU (Video Processing Unit)

As for mpeg2 / h264 - SD / HD deinterlacing quality, its very good indeed using Motion Adaptive, Edge Enhancing - Hardware deinterlacing (VPU). No need to use the CPU/GPU which results in no OS or GUI slowdowns like you would see with a RPi.

Some versions of Kodi like my LibreELEC can also use excellent quality full motion YADIFx2 software deinterlacing for mpeg2 .vob DVD Rips or 480/576i mpeg2 TV viewing. Smile

Thanks for your reply, the device really sounds interesting. YADIFx2 is ofcourse great if it works flawlessly. I think Im gonna wait for the DVB-C/S devices though with a better remote control.
(2016-07-19, 14:29)wrxtasy Wrote: Funny you should ask, I'm very slowly uploading via the String and Tin can system we commonly - call the Internet here in Australia an update that fixes IR remote control.
I will post a link when its finished....no need to update again...that is just an experimental Multichannel PCM Audio build.
Thank you very muchSmile!! Ahah nice, here in Italy I've a 1 Mbit in downloading and 0.384 Mbit uploading line , trust me it's better to "do something else" while you want to download something, the funny thing is that it's also unstable so my downloads often stopSad fortunately libreelec is a tiny system Wink...
(2016-07-19, 14:29)wrxtasy Wrote: Funny you should ask, I'm very slowly uploading via the String and Tin can system we commonly - call the Internet here in Australia an update that fixes IR remote control.
You sir... are awesome. Looking forward to using/trying this out.
How can i install the libreelec build? Don't see any tutorial. But i am sure i have seen it, but don't find it Sad
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
(2016-07-19, 14:52)sunnyfunny Wrote: How can i install the libreelec build? Don't see any tutorial. But i am sure i have seen it, but don't find it Sad

You can use The LibreELEC's wiki guide and of course use wrxtasy 's image Smile
Thanks. And how can i switch the boot order?
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3