• 33(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
@lekand,

I have HDMI-CEC active in my LE for the Hub as well. That is the difference.
If you go into Kodi > Settings > System > Input Devices > Perhipherals > CEC Adapter > Enable

Forced RGB should work.
If no CEC TV, then pls wait as with CT's help I have a permanent fix that does not rely on CEC being enabled. Smile

(2016-07-31, 09:19)wrxtasy Wrote: @lekand,

If you go into Kodi > Settings > System > Input Devices > Perhipherals > CEC Adapter > Enable

Forced RGB should work.
If no CEC TV, then pls wait as with CT's help I have a permanent fix that does not rely on CEC being enabled. :)

Aha!! That did it, only that I had to do it under Android Settings... The LE Kodi CEC was already enabled but that wasn't enough. With the Android CEC on I now have forced RGB! (EDIT: under LibreELEC)

http://sprunge.us/aihR

Many thanks for the support. Now, to see if the patch holds... I'll let you know!
Has anyone had the sound go either to mute or full volume all of a sudden? It happened to me yesterday while watching Netflix (Android TV-version) and today while listening to music through Emma for Spotify. Haven't noticed it in Wetek Media Player/Kodi yet, but I haven't had time to use it much since the last update either.

It is hard to say how often it happens, but the shortest interval was maybe 20 minutes, with the longest at about an hour.
(2016-07-31, 11:04)lekand Wrote:
(2016-07-31, 09:19)wrxtasy Wrote: @lekand,

Forced RGB should work.
If no CEC TV, then pls wait as with CT's help I have a permanent fix that does not rely on CEC being enabled. Smile

Aha!! That did it, only that I had to do it under Android Settings... The LE Kodi CEC was already enabled but that wasn't enough. With the Android CEC on I now have forced RGB! (EDIT: under LibreELEC)

http://sprunge.us/aihR

Many thanks for the support. Now, to see if the patch holds... I'll let you know!

Unfortunately the RGB LibreELEC patch is still not working 100% for me. I can say the color flips have been dramatically reduced, but they still occur after a while (under the Android with the custom patch also), even after the log reporting that RGB is forced at boot time. I don't know very well how to contribute to solving this problem, though, and I wouldn't like to hijack the thread much longer. The problem is that the anomaly is very random and non-reproducible. I will leave here a kernel log for a ~100 second period within which there was a solarization event, using the last LE patch: http://sprunge.us/XdBU

Let me know if you think of a way I can contribute further.
I will put up another LE .tar update shortly, that is not reliant on Android HDMI-CEC.
As this has nothing to do with Kodi its better if we take the conversation to the WeTek LE Sub-Forum...

(2016-07-31, 12:56)Sando Wrote: Has anyone had the sound go either to mute or full volume all of a sudden? It happened to me yesterday while watching Netflix (Android TV-version) and today while listening to music through Emma for Spotify. Haven't noticed it in Wetek Media Player/Kodi yet, but I haven't had time to use it much since the last update either.

It is hard to say how often it happens, but the shortest interval was maybe 20 minutes, with the longest at about an hour.
Nothing to do with Kodi, better help would be found on the WeTek Hub Android Sub-forum....where CT can help directly Wink

I got an issue with a buddies older tv and the hub it doesn't play a video in full screen unless amcodec hardware decoding is disabled. In searching for that workaround it seems android boxes back to 4.4 android have been having issues with certain older lcd tvs. He has a Sony. Any other work around for him to get videos to play full screen other then disabling hardware video decoding?
(2016-07-29, 20:29)Eve72 Wrote:
(2016-07-29, 17:08)lekand Wrote: Hi,

I'm sorry a few of you are having issues with the Hub. I'm pretty sure most of them will be ironed out in time. I myself had a problem with colors flipping on me, all screen becoming greenish (both under Android and the LibreELEC 7.0.2 version kindly provided by wrxtasy). I wrote to WeTek support and they have been really amazing. I asked for a replacement, because I was convinced there was a hardware issue. They asked for a video of the problem. After 24hours they get back to me, saying that they have traced down the problem as a bug when coupling the hub to some Philips TVs, and that a replacement would have the same issue. In the same message they provided a custom Hub firmware with a new option under Android to force RGB colorspace. I installed it, switched on RGB as instructed, and the problem is gone. I'm even getting a more stable Kodi 17 experience now (might be subjective, though I've not had a single crash). They tell me also that they've contacted the LibreELEC team (wrxtasy?) to include this new option there.

How's that for technical support? I, for one, have never seen anything like it. Kudos to WeTek!

I´ve also had problems colors flipping, though in my case the screen isn´t greenish but pinkish. The problem has fortunately only occured a few times. At first I assumed it was caused by bad wire connection but it turned out false. Luckily rebooting the TV gave the needed fix.

I´m very interested in the solution you @lekand received from Wetek. Should I also contact Wetek to be provided with the custom Hub firmware that you mentioned?

My Hub is connected first to my AVR and second my Philips 55PUS7600 TV.

FYI, I think the firmware over at http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...ors#latest is the one I received from WeTek.
Hi,

Just a quick feedback for others.
I tried to use Rufus to write LibreElec : Total failure.

I finally reformat the SD using Windows built-in feature.
Then I re-extract the img from the zip.
I used Win32DiskImager.

It worked like a charm !

Now it's time to explore the new capabilities of this and thanks wrxtasy for his amazing work !
Does the modded netflix app work on other android devices or the core only?
ADT-1 Developer Kit / Nvidia's Shield TV / Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' / Beelink GT1 / Amazon Fire TV 2 / Wetek Core / ODROID-C2 / Raspberry Pi 2 / Nexbox A5
(2016-08-02, 17:56)sandogo1 Wrote: Does the modded netflix app work on other android devices or the core only?
The last version from the Core thread, in the Hub is working fine too (firmware 1.0.2)

Regards
I've been playing with the Android WETEK Media Player (WMP) in latest (1.02) firmware and have found these issues:

1. My Denon AVR X7200WA does not play DTS-HDMA via Passthrough. It will play if I deselect Passthrough in the WMP audio menu (at 48kHz WMP converting to PCM).

2. Multichannel FLAC plays with or without Passthrough but at 48kHz. My 96kHz files are down sampled to 48kHz ( I was not expecting that). So the WETEK Hub will not (currently) play high resolution MCH audio. If this is a limitation then the opening posts need to be updated to say so.

3. I'm getting numerous user interface freezes when using WMP on a powered USB. The remote control power button is still active so it looks like it's a WMP freeze.

It appears the charts on page one of this thread are not accurate and/or misleading. Yes the player can do DTS-HDMA but not via Passthrough and not at the original sample rates (or something has changed in the WMP since those tests were done. Can someone please confirm?). I messaged hdmkv about the tests but no response.

I know I'm not the only one that's mentioned these issues. Is it a problem with Denon and HDMI?

I've posted a couple of times here and on the WETEK forum about Passthrough etc but there's been no response, is it a known issue? Is this being looked at? Will there be a fix? Is it a known limitation (just not clearly stated)?

Where too from here?
EDITED: 8 August: Updated WETEK Media Player test results

I did some detailed testing of multichannel audio with the Hub (1.02 firmware) via HDMI which shows the current issues with audio:

LibreELEC /Kodi 16.1 (as distributed on 30th July by wrxtasy):

Passthrough:
DTS-HDMA: OK (pass)
Multichannel FLAC: Dolby Digital stereo (fail)

Non-Passthrough:
DTS-HDMA: Stereo (fail)
Multichannel FLAC: Stereo (fail)

This seems to align with other posts here and on the Kodi forum. Is there any timeframe to get these fixed?

Using the WETEK Media player:

DTS-HDMA: OK (edited)
Multichannel FLAC: OK but only 48kHz (pass/fail)

Non-Passthrough:
DTS-HDMA: OK but only 48kHz (pass/fail)
Multichannel FLAC: OK but only 48kHz (pass/fail)

So there's still fixes required to both LibreELEC and Android versions to get to acceptable audio ouput requirements.

I'm unsure why the original hdmkv chart on first page shows 'pass' for all the above but right now that information in not correct and it should be updated.

I'm yet to see any acknowledgement by WETEK or LibreELEC ((wrxtasy) of these issues or if anything is being done/can be done or a timeframe for fixes (if any) - apart from a post saying Kodi 17 may fix something... Is there anything for Kodi 16.1?
Does SPMC give different results?
@HomerJau,

There has been no acknowledgement because I have:
- no AVR to actually test.
- use the same patches from the ODROID C2 for AML Audio, and finding the same results as Audio feedback for the Hub.
- no deep Kodi ALSA Audio or AML Audio Kernel coding experience, frankly AML OpenELEC / LibreELEC Kodi audio is an absolute patched mess
- and finally rely on end users to give accurate test results.

Audio improvements on AML will have to come from someone with a far better understanding of both the Kodi Audio codebase and the AMLogic / Linux Kernel.
And that task will probably fall on Codesnake's shoulders, maybe some of the other AML devs can tidy it up too.

As far as I can see, reading multiple posts now, Multichannel PCM (>2.0) is still not working for LibreELEC on any AML platform.
(I'm amending my review to reflect this)

Personally I think those needing Multichannel PCM (>2.0) or Multichannel FLAC playback should stick with proven Multichannel PCM Intel or RPi platforms.

Thanks wrxtasy.

I'm up for any testing of HD audio codecs on my Hub, so please PM if you come up with something that you'd like to test as my AVR can handle everything (so far via an Intel NUC/Kodi) - feel free to offer my services to any of the AML devs also.

I'm not sure why but your LibreELEC build doesn't offer a setting for the channel arrangement (it's almost like it's fixed internally for 2.0). The WETEK Mediaplayer does give that setting and does output > 2 when set to 5.1 /7.1. LibreELEC is doing DTS-HDMA perfectly via passthrough, if it could handle MCH via Passthrough then that would make it almost perfect for MCH.

Between WMP and LibreELEC there's bits that work to an acceptable level (except the downconversion to 48kHz) just need to combine the good into a single version. It's almost there and probably doable, with some help from an AML expert as you say. My fingers are crossed Smile
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3