• 35(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
Hi

That is not a Hub's issue. I think that currently, the only way of have 5.1 in Netflix is with the app for Windows 8 or later, due Netflix's policies

Enviado desde mi MI 3W mediante Tapatalk
Damned Netflix! I'm pretty sure the Android TV version of the app (for NVidia shield, Amazon FireTV, ...) also provide 5.1 audio, doesn't it?
(2016-08-08, 00:32)Marcogringo Wrote: Damned Netflix! I'm pretty sure the Android TV version of the app (for NVidia shield, Amazon FireTV, ...) also provide 5.1 audio, doesn't it?

"Regular" Android is limited to 2.0 with Netflix app
Android TV app has 5.1 Netflix...

It makes sense, the "regular" android is meant to be used with touch screens, in tablets or smartphones, this generation of Android boxes running "regular" Android they lack the "couch experience app" of the Android TV, that are easy to use with remote.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2016-08-07, 05:14)wrxtasy Wrote: There is NO such thing as X265 video. It's H265 or HEVC. X265 is a software library used to encode H265 / HEVC video. No such thing as X264 video either Wink
There is no such thing as H265, X265 or X264. It is H.265, H.264, x265 and x264 Tongue

Quote:If these Anime dickheads, decide to to use 12bit then you have no hope.
Amlogic S905X can play HEVC main12 video for 2 sec.Rofl
(2016-08-06, 20:44)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-08-05, 23:02)Stimmenhotel Wrote: Animes in X264 H10P won't play, according to the table and other tests.
But I am stumbling across X265 H10P Animes, are they playing?
Have sample of X265 H10P? Is this one of them?

The Hub was able to handle the 720P Hi10P samples I found, but 1080P Hi10P were no good. In both cases you need to disable the amlogic codec because it doesn't correctly switch between software and hardware decoding for Hi10P, but mediacodec does.

Side note, just mediacodec did fine with the HEVC samples I found. I haven't tried anything 4K yet, which is where the amlogic-specific codec is still needed, IIRC.
(2016-08-08, 03:44)couto27 Wrote:
(2016-08-08, 00:32)Marcogringo Wrote: Damned Netflix! I'm pretty sure the Android TV version of the app (for NVidia shield, Amazon FireTV, ...) also provide 5.1 audio, doesn't it?

"Regular" Android is limited to 2.0 with Netflix app
Android TV app has 5.1 Netflix...

It makes sense, the "regular" android is meant to be used with touch screens, in tablets or smartphones, this generation of Android boxes running "regular" Android they lack the "couch experience app" of the Android TV, that are easy to use with remote.

Indeed, it makes sense, thanks for the explaination.

What doesn't really make sense is that so much "box" uses a "mobile" version of an OS. Let's hope Google is going to take this miss direction in consideration and will open widely its Android TV OS.
(2016-08-04, 04:36)HomerJau Wrote: I did some detailed testing of multichannel audio with the Hub (1.02 firmware) via HDMI which shows the current issues with audio:

.... Snip

Using the WETEK Media player:

Passthrough:
DTS-HDMA: OK (edited)
Multichannel FLAC: OK but only 48kHz (pass/fail)

Non-Passthrough:
DTS-HDMA: OK but only 48kHz (pass/fail)
Multichannel FLAC: OK but only 48kHz (pass/fail)

... Snip

I just updated my test results above for the WETEK Media Player's audio.

HDMI Passthrough works correctly for HD audio codecs (DTS-HDMA, DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD, Atmos). My issue was that the Androiid Digital Sounds setting was set to PCM. When set to HDMI all OK!

(I set this to HDMI on initial setup but somehow it changed to PCM, I believe this was caused by me using a Computer monitor to configure some skins and the monitor did not have HDMI it used an HDMI to VGA cable so the Hub probably changed its audio setting to PCM).

So apologies to all, an IBM error (Idiot Behind Machine)

I updated my original post.
Glad to see that you sorted all Smile
My only issue with the WETEK Media Player is that it ouputs FLAC high resolution audio (96kHz etc) as 48kHz. I hope this gets a fix at some stage otherwise the audiophiles probably won't want the Hub.
@HomerJau
uboot env variables (like resolution, cec preference, audio output mode, overscan, few other things) are resetted to their default value when flashing an OTA update.
(2016-08-07, 05:14)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-08-06, 20:44)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-08-05, 23:02)Stimmenhotel Wrote: Animes in X264 H10P won't play, according to the table and other tests.
But I am stumbling across X265 H10P Animes, are they playing?
Have sample of X265 H10P? Is this one of them?
If Anime H264 HiP10 is re-encoded into standard 10bit HEVC then video will play. If these Anime dickheads, decide to to use 12bit then you have no hope.

BTW. There is NO such thing as X265 video. It's H265 or HEVC. X265 is a software library used to encode H265 / HEVC video. No such thing as X264 video either Wink

Finally I understood the x/h.264/5 thing Tongue Thanks for that xD

About the material.
I don't have it right now, since I try to avoid it.
I have no 10bit hardware (The TV need to support it, isn't it?), the hub will show it with false colors (not as saturated? -> look at the table post #2).
Just wanted to know, since h.264 10bit won't play.

I stumbled across the first h.265 h10p decodes and just asked if the hub can handle it if it is a anime (if there is any difference to the normal h.265 h10p).

I will try the provided sample, to see if I "want" to use it.
(2016-08-09, 06:35)ChristianTroy Wrote: @HomerJau
uboot env variables (like resolution, cec preference, audio output mode, overscan, few other things) are resetted to their default value when flashing an OTA update.

Thanks Christian.
(2016-08-09, 23:09)HomerJau Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 06:35)ChristianTroy Wrote: @HomerJau

Thanks Christian.
Suggestion:

The above needs to be written clearly at the top of every WeTek Firmware update to warn users to re-check their Android settings.
This would prevent a LOT of end user grief, especially for those that have been having Audio issues.

(2016-08-09, 18:59)Stimmenhotel Wrote:
(2016-08-07, 05:14)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-08-06, 20:44)hdmkv Wrote: Have sample of X265 H10P? Is this one of them?
If Anime H264 HiP10 is re-encoded into standard 10bit HEVC then video will play. If these Anime dickheads, decide to to use 12bit then you have no hope.

BTW. There is NO such thing as X265 video. It's H265 or HEVC. X265 is a software library used to encode H265 / HEVC video. No such thing as X264 video either Wink

Finally I understood the x/h.264/5 thing Tongue Thanks for that xD

About the material.
I don't have it right now, since I try to avoid it.
I have no 10bit hardware (The TV need to support it, isn't it?), the hub will show it with false colors (not as saturated? -> look at the table post #2).
Just wanted to know, since h.264 10bit won't play.

I stumbled across the first h.265 h10p decodes and just asked if the hub can handle it if it is a anime (if there is any difference to the normal h.265 h10p).

I will try the provided sample, to see if I "want" to use it.
Proper 10bit color output needs to be supported by:
a) The actual Hardware you are using, along with Kernel driver support
b) The video display you are using to view video content

AMLogic S905 Hardware will dither 10bit color down into 8 bit color. I have no other Hardware to compare it with, but can say 10bit > 8bit still produces good display results. Ultimately it depends on the quality of the video source material and how fussy you want to get with color shading video output.

HDR10 looks washed out as the S905 has no HDR support.

If Anime is encoded properly as regular 1080/2160p 10bit HEVC (H265), then yes it will play using Hardware decoding.
Some 10bit H264 720p Anime will play in LibreELEC using CPU Software decoding. I've just added a user selectable Software / Hardware H264 decoding switch.

Can one of you check whether this HEVC Anime plays correctly on the Hub? It doesn't work on the Minix U1 or Odroid C2 (video freezes/audio continues). It does play correctly on the Shield and a S905X box.

Dragon Ball Super

Disclaimer: I didn't upload the video.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3