WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-08-23, 17:44)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-08-23, 16:34)Menrad Wrote: Hi everyone,

I need to know if this box uses standard android kodi release before I buy it.

I have a problem I've never been able to solve with my 2 DLINK NAS's: when I connect via smb, kodi crashes when it starts scrapping movie folders. I encountered this problem on every android devices I tried. I didn't keep the Shield because of that (and I found PQ disappointing).

Thanks for your help.
Well you are going to be in a bit of a pickle then as the "standard" Android Kodi release has no Android Code maintainer.

I suspect you are talking about Shield video upscaling issues, as detailed over HERE. There is detailed info in the posts following that link about AMLogic upscaling.

For Android, there are device specific Kodi forks (versions) to optimise each well supported Hardware platform.

- MINIX has their XBMC for MINIX edition
- The FireTV's have either MrMC or SPMC
- nVIDIA Shield has SPMC
- WeTek devices have WeTek (Jarvis) Media player.

If every Android device you have ever owned has problems with SMB on your NAS's, do you not think the NAS's very likely have something to do with it ?

Ultimately the easiest, most reliable way to run networked Kodi is a minimal Linux OS like LibreELEC Kodi, and leave Android for Android specific Apps only.
My only concern is about my smb issues. I've found many threads with users experimenting the same issues with their smb shares. It is a problem of folders and sub folders, and it acts the same with both my NAS's (with four HDD).
Apparently it can only be solved by putting all my files at the root of my drive or at least in the same folder (I've put them in subfolders named with movie titles).I don't want to go through the hassle of reorganizing all my media files, it would break the libraries of my other HTPCs running with windows (where smb works correctly).
I don't want to buy the wetec hub and take the risk of discovering that kodi crashes when I try to scrap my folders, and then put the wetec hub back in its box 5 minutes after unboxing it. Wink

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - by Menrad - 2016-08-24, 01:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3