• 38(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-08-24, 04:34)wrxtasy Wrote: @Menrad, the SMB problems you have is not normal behavior on any Kodi device. Something else is going on.

You don't have a bunch of you media files still in .zips and .rar's by chance do you ?
This has been known to cause problems on ARM devices like RPi's and AML hardware when used with large media libraries. You must uncompressed them first, this is basic file maintenance.

No I don't. I own two Dlink DNS-323, with 2 HDD in each one.

Here's how I proceed after having installed kodi on a android device (I've tried it on my phone, tablet, Nvidia shield).

When I want to create a new source, I choose SMB service and I have to manually enter the IP address of each NAS, then the name of the shared disk.

Then I add a specific folder to my video sources. For instance, I have a "film #1" directory, with a subfolder per movie named after the movie title.

When I try to update my library, Kodi systematically crashes (android version). SPMC has the same problem.

I use the same method with kodi for windows, and it works fine.
Try changing the directory name from 'file #1" to "film_1"

I think I 've already tried, but as I' m not sure anymore (I've tried lots of things), I'll give it another go. The only thing that bothers me is that it will break two kodi windows libraries, and I have named lots of directories like that ?.
I have some directories with no # in the name, I will try tonight to update only with those.
Thanks for your help.
Sometime you will find punctuation when used to name files and directories ie. / # $ ! etc
Can cause all sorts of strange issues.
Also as I previously said ANY .zips and .rar's in SMB directories linked into Kodi can cause issues on ARM devices.

This is now off topic, pls Post in the Android sub-forum for specific help with Android issues.

Ok thanks. I think I'm going to try the wetek hub anyway.

I currently own an ASRock beebox with Intel celeron n3000. Do you know if kodi is as snappy with the wetek hub as it is with this intel soc?

I consider changing mainly because I'm looking for 10-bit hevc support (n3000 only decode 8-bit files), but I don't want something sluggish.
Oh and I have another question : is it possible to play mkv files from USB optical drive ?
(2016-08-24, 03:19)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Alright.... This IR receiver with the HUB is dog shit. My wife was ready to throw the remote at the TV today. Anyone have any fixes? Will a FLIRC work with Android?

More accurately, the receiver is fine, but the remote IR transmitter is very directional. FLIRC works fine, but it is possible for some other remotes to use the internal receiver. Personally, I would go for a nice Bluetooth remote. The Fire TV stick BT replacement remote is cheap and works perfectly.
(2016-08-23, 16:34)Menrad Wrote: Hi everyone,

I need to know if this box uses standard android kodi release before I buy it.

I have a problem I've never been able to solve with my 2 DLINK NAS's: when I connect via smb, kodi crashes when it starts scrapping movie folders. I encountered this problem on every android devices I tried. I didn't keep the Shield because of that (and I found PQ disappointing).

Thanks for your help.

I would bet that the issue is a corrupt image file. Kodi falls to its knees at the sight of even a slightly messed up image file. Please start a new thread with a debug log. We can see which file was last before Kodi crashes, and that will help narrow it down.
(2016-08-24, 10:19)Menrad Wrote: Oh and I have another question : is it possible to play mkv files from USB optical drive ?

Yes. Data DVD formats are well supported.
(2016-08-24, 15:41)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 03:19)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Alright.... This IR receiver with the HUB is dog shit. My wife was ready to throw the remote at the TV today. Anyone have any fixes? Will a FLIRC work with Android?

More accurately, the receiver is fine, but the remote IR transmitter is very directional. FLIRC works fine, but it is possible for some other remotes to use the internal receiver. Personally, I would go for a nice Bluetooth remote. The Fire TV stick BT replacement remote is cheap and works perfectly.

Well I programmed my Harmony and its just as bad. Nothing else in my AV case has this problem.

Hi all,

I want to connect a wireless mouse that needs a usb connection for the dongle and an external 2,5" HDD.

Is that even possible considering the HUB has only one usb connection?

I don't want to use any air mouse devices.

Thank you!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3
You are going to need an externally powered, multi port - USB Hub as all small low powered ARM devices, RPi's + AMLogic cannot supply enough power themselves to reliably run HDD's.

Ok I'm trying to set up the FLIRC for use with the Hub and I'm getting double clicks when trying to scroll. Anyone have any insight here?

Was anything posted about this earlier that I might have missed?

EDIT. Just tried CEC and looks promising. Gonna try this for the week.

Thanks

(2016-08-24, 22:48)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Well I programmed my Harmony and its just as bad. Nothing else in my AV case has this problem.

Strange, I have much better range when using a different remote with the Hub. Not as great as a Flirc, but much better than the horrible line-of-sight of the default Hub remote.
(2016-08-26, 09:00)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 22:48)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Well I programmed my Harmony and its just as bad. Nothing else in my AV case has this problem.

Strange, I have much better range when using a different remote with the Hub. Not as great as a Flirc, but much better than the horrible line-of-sight of the default Hub remote.

Yeah I'm confused.

Since we are talking about remotes.. I thought the Hub remote was only IR? With my CEC on between TV, Hub and receiver and the IR unplugged from the Hub, the Hub remote still controls the box. Huh

Also how does one turn this Hub on using CEC remote from receiver or TV? I can't seem to figure it out. I thought the receiver would when changing to the Hub input..

• 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3