• 39(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
So, apart from this "horrible" default remote from wetek HUB, which one you advise? Air mouse like the default from the wetek core...

I'm really dissapointed to change my Core from this HUB, mainly about the remote Sad Sad

It's possible to buy the wetek core remoteHuh??
(2016-08-26, 12:51)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Since we are talking about remotes.. I thought the Hub remote was only IR? With my CEC on between TV, Hub and receiver and the IR unplugged from the Hub, the Hub remote still controls the box. Huh

I believe the Hub has a built in IR receiver as well as the external one. AIUI the external IR receiver is mainly for use if you mount the Hub in a cupboard, or out of line-of-sight?
(2016-08-26, 19:03)noggin Wrote:
(2016-08-26, 12:51)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Since we are talking about remotes.. I thought the Hub remote was only IR? With my CEC on between TV, Hub and receiver and the IR unplugged from the Hub, the Hub remote still controls the box. Huh

I believe the Hub has a built in IR receiver as well as the external one. AIUI the external IR receiver is mainly for use if you mount the Hub in a cupboard, or out of line-of-sight?

OK cool that would explain it haha.

Anyone can tell me which LibreElec Port to prefer?
kszaq's or wrxtasy's?

The change log by kszaq is "bigger" than the one by wrxtasy, if that is something that matters...
But wrxtasy's port is especially for the hub, since it was made for the wetek forms ... :/

Right now I still running a older version by wrxtasy, but it is not my "final" build, I have to set everything up and then I would like to have choosen between them
Hi everyone on this thread.
I received the Hub a week ago, I´m from Argentina.
I always do extensive test when a receive some new hardware and now, with 2 kids, another on the way, and wife, cannot do so meticulous testings as old times when i was single!!!
I´m trying to get perfect NETFLIX playback on the hub and cannot achieve it.
I have a Netgear AC1750 Router with 6mpbs very stable DSL , linked by cable to hub ( I tested on AC wifi also) and cannot get perfect playback.
I tested on various settings on android , marking and not marking auto frame rate for netflix and also auto frame rate on system.
I think, on movies, I get 24fps instead of 23,970 on movies and some wrong settings also on 60fps documentals or non cinema style fps material.
Oh, i forgot, i downloaded the Netflix google TV modded app on wetek forum, I tested 3.11 and now 2.55 ( i think those are the numbers) .
Can someone help me to set: system (android) resolution and set on or off auto F. rate , and also if I have to mark or not in blue Netflix app on the week settings that control frame rate override on each app.
TV is a LG 55 1080p smart tv ( previous to web OS models) and Netflix works pretty well on TV ( just noticeable slower than the Hub, of course)
thanks in advance to everyone!
PS: i have not buffering issues or micro cuts, just some hipcuts on 60fps playback (random I think) and some every 1000 frames hip cut
(2016-08-28, 00:36)herhelman Wrote: Hi everyone on this thread.
I received the Hub a week ago, I´m from Argentina.
I always do extensive test when a receive some new hardware and now, with 2 kids, another on the way, and wife, cannot do so meticulous testings as old times when i was single!!!
I´m trying to get perfect NETFLIX playback on the hub and cannot achieve it.
I have a Netgear AC1750 Router with 6mpbs very stable DSL , linked by cable to hub ( I tested on AC wifi also) and cannot get perfect playback.
I tested on various settings on android , marking and not marking auto frame rate for netflix and also auto frame rate on system.
I think, on movies, I get 24fps instead of 23,970 on movies and some wrong settings also on 60fps documentals or non cinema style fps material.
Oh, i forgot, i downloaded the Netflix google TV modded app on wetek forum, I tested 3.11 and now 2.55 ( i think those are the numbers) .
Can someone help me to set: system (android) resolution and set on or off auto F. rate , and also if I have to mark or not in blue Netflix app on the week settings that control frame rate override on each app.
TV is a LG 55 1080p smart tv ( previous to web OS models) and Netflix works pretty well on TV ( just noticeable slower than the Hub, of course)
thanks in advance to everyone!
PS: i have not buffering issues or micro cuts, just some hipcuts on 60fps playback (random I think) and some every 1000 frames hip cut

Since this isn't a Kodi question your best bet would be to ask this on the WeTek forum. Myself and a bunch of other people are over there as well, so we'll help you over there :)
A couple of issues I'm having with the (Android) Kodi app and WMP app. My set up is wired 1000 Mbps through the whole house.

- With a 1080p VC-1, 23.976 frame rate Bluray rip I'm having unsmooth playback compared to all other movie files. It doesn't matter what the display refresh rate setting is on.

- When I use the chapter skip or 10 minute skip whatever it is, I lose audio (With all Bluray rip files). I have to restart the video file to get it to come back. If I have the display refresh rate setting to always it never comes back. Audio will only come back on set to off. No other kodi box in the house connected to the same network does this.

My set up
TV- Samsung PN59D7000
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V479

Any ideas on where to start?

Thanks

EDIT: Also having a lot of trouble trying to get Bluetooth to pair with gamepads. I have tried a Sony DS4 and a 8bitdo SNES30 with no success. The DS4 will work plugged in to the USB but that is it. Also bought two of these USB Buffalo SNES gamepads https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002B9...UTF8&psc=1 and both don't really work. Once plugged in its like the controller has a mind of its own and starts moving around and clicking icons.

(2016-08-20, 18:24)Netweaver Wrote:
(2016-08-20, 15:42)hayabusi Wrote: So, installed wxrtasy's LibreELEC just now.

Problem: The network speed seems to be really, really slow, buffering a movie takes 10-20s. Connected via Ethernet to my NAS, not WiFi. Works much better in the Wetek OS, but still rather slow compared to my HTPC.

Another thing I noticed: The scrolling through my (small) Movie library is kind of slow in both versions. It looks like my locally stored movie information/jpegs are not scaled down. They look like very high resolution jpegs (which they are) displayed in a smaller size. Different to the Kodi on my HTPC.

Thanks for any advice!
I got mine replaced for exact same reason. Check one of my previous posts here. Appalling down link speed on ethernet. Now on holiday so I can't test if the replacement is any better. I hope so or it goes back for good. Will have news in a week or so.
Got my replacement Hub in, speedtest now gives me 60 Mbps downlink, which is 6x more than the bad one I've sent back.
At the same cable my laptop is maxing out that same connection at 200 Mbps, so I don't think the speed is super yet. But maybe it will never get better so I guess I'll stick with it. Be warned, the Hub is not fast, network wise...
Try with iperf3 as it is probably best way to measure real speed of ethernet.
(2016-08-30, 19:27)droidelec Wrote: Try with iperf3 as it is probably best way to measure real speed of ethernet.
Sure, but a factor 10 is not explainable easily (bad Hub VS. Good Hub), for sure if the other speed test results (ping and uplink) are v comparable. I was getting buffering all the time with the 1st one, now with 2nd one no issue so far, even while streaming a 48 GB high bit rate 4K movie from the internet. So for me issue solved so far.
Still 'funny' to see the Hub with only 60 Mbps coming from a Gbps port on a true and tested really supplying 200 Mbps internet pipe, when at least 2 other deviced(laptops) can get the rated speed, both when doing the speedtest as well as a real http big file download.
Well what you could try on SpeedTest app to do is to change server location. As long as streaming from your nas with that file is OK, I am sure all is fine.
(2016-08-26, 18:42)p lopes Wrote: So, apart from this "horrible" default remote from wetek HUB, which one you advise? Air mouse like the default from the wetek core...

I'm really dissapointed to change my Core from this HUB, mainly about the remote Sad Sad

It's possible to buy the wetek core remoteHuh??

I bought the minix neo a2 lite remote a week ago. It's working great. Faster navigation, great keyboard on the back, airmouse functionality (never use it, I mainly bought it for the keyboard). Most keys work out of the box for kodi, some don't work but u can program to work.

Great improvement over the stock remote IMO, could not do without the keyboard on the wetek remote.

(2016-08-30, 18:36)Netweaver Wrote:
(2016-08-20, 18:24)Netweaver Wrote:
(2016-08-20, 15:42)hayabusi Wrote: So, installed wxrtasy's LibreELEC just now.

Problem: The network speed seems to be really, really slow, buffering a movie takes 10-20s. Connected via Ethernet to my NAS, not WiFi. Works much better in the Wetek OS, but still rather slow compared to my HTPC.

Another thing I noticed: The scrolling through my (small) Movie library is kind of slow in both versions. It looks like my locally stored movie information/jpegs are not scaled down. They look like very high resolution jpegs (which they are) displayed in a smaller size. Different to the Kodi on my HTPC.

Thanks for any advice!
I got mine replaced for exact same reason. Check one of my previous posts here. Appalling down link speed on ethernet. Now on holiday so I can't test if the replacement is any better. I hope so or it goes back for good. Will have news in a week or so.
Got my replacement Hub in, speedtest now gives me 60 Mbps downlink, which is 6x more than the bad one I've sent back.
At the same cable my laptop is maxing out that same connection at 200 Mbps, so I don't think the speed is super yet. But maybe it will never get better so I guess I'll stick with it. Be warned, the Hub is not fast, network wise...

Weird that u still don't get higher down. I pay for 150mbps, hooked up the hub with Ethernet, and get exactly 150mbs and correct upload.
So def not all unit's are effected as seen by mine
OK I'm having trouble with the Hub getting a debug log. So I followed this http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy and when I go to open the programs and open the app it gives me an error saying no old log file. I even added the Log viewer for Kodi add-on and still no log. Any ideas on why its not showing a log?

You can connect by telnet to WeTek Hub and type this command:

find / -name kodi.log

or

find / -name kodi.old.log

Then you will know right location of file, so you can connect by FTP to WeTek Hub and navigate to path, and then download files to PC.
(2016-09-06, 14:51)droidelec Wrote: You can connect by telnet to WeTek Hub and type this command:

find / -name kodi.log

or

find / -name kodi.old.log

Then you will know right location of file, so you can connect by FTP to WeTek Hub and navigate to path, and then download files to PC.

Really? That seems even more confusing and complicated. I have a newborn and I already don't have much free time. Sad

• 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3