• 40(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
Well, that is how you can get logfile in case you really need it. It is same for almost every android device, just lucky for you is that Hub still have FTP and telnet Smile
(2016-09-07, 01:57)BORIStheBLADE Wrote:
(2016-09-06, 14:51)droidelec Wrote: You can connect by telnet to WeTek Hub and type this command:

find / -name kodi.log

or

find / -name kodi.old.log

Then you will know right location of file, so you can connect by FTP to WeTek Hub and navigate to path, and then download files to PC.

Really? That seems even more confusing and complicated. I have a newborn and I already don't have much free time. Sad
I assume you are using a computer to post on this forum, in that case it would be much easier to use the same computer to do the telnet, get the log, and post it here.

Getting the log via the kodi addon might be easier, but if you needed to send that log somewhere (or post it here), you would still need a computer.

So, if it helps you and you are using Linux or Mac, just open a Terminal and telnet to your Hub's IP address then run that find command.

If using Windows, you might be able to get away with the Command Prompt window but you'd be better off with a proper Terminal software program
(2016-09-07, 02:58)KoopaTroopa Wrote:
(2016-09-07, 01:57)BORIStheBLADE Wrote:
(2016-09-06, 14:51)droidelec Wrote: You can connect by telnet to WeTek Hub and type this command:

find / -name kodi.log

or

find / -name kodi.old.log

Then you will know right location of file, so you can connect by FTP to WeTek Hub and navigate to path, and then download files to PC.

Really? That seems even more confusing and complicated. I have a newborn and I already don't have much free time. Sad
I assume you are using a computer to post on this forum, in that case it would be much easier to use the same computer to do the telnet, get the log, and post it here.

Getting the log via the kodi addon might be easier, but if you needed to send that log somewhere (or post it here), you would still need a computer.

So, if it helps you and you are using Linux or Mac, just open a Terminal and telnet to your Hub's IP address then run that find command.

If using Windows, you might be able to get away with the Command Prompt window but you'd be better off with a proper Terminal software program

Well I can try this but it sounds like you guys are assuming I know how to do this. I have no clue how to SSH or Telnet to a device. On a whim I opened up the terminal on my VMware through Linux Im using and typed SSH ip address of device and it said "ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.59 port 22: Connection refused
server@ubuntu:~$ "

(2016-09-06, 14:35)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: OK I'm having trouble with the Hub getting a debug log. So I followed this http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy and when I go to open the programs and open the app it gives me an error saying no old log file. I even added the Log viewer for Kodi add-on and still no log. Any ideas on why its not showing a log?

There should be a link on Log_file/Advanced (wiki) with a video I made. It should show you how to use the internal Kodi file manager (wiki) to find the logs.

EDIT: here it is: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/File_manager_access
Excellent review over at AVForums!

https://www.avforums.com/review/wetek-hu...view.12888
Just did a quick test of the latest LibrELEC build for the Hub by wrxtasy and ALL my HD audio is perfect including MCH FLAC!!! (update on the WETEK Hub forum)

Nice surprise that LibreELEC and The Hub now also outputs > 48kHz. My multichannel FLACS at 88.2 and 96kHz perfect! My Dolby Digital TrueHD at 96kHz too!!!

Thanks to all involved in getting HD audio working. Excellent!!!
Nice Feedback HJ, I did think you might get your Audio wish when the Audio improvements came down the development pipe.
Yes LibreELEC Jarvis on AMLogic S905 hardware is turning into a pretty nice media player platform Smile

The same Audio improvements are also included in LIbreELEC 7.1 for the WeTeK Play2.

Hi All,

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask this here, so apologies if not. Am just curious if anyone has used a Wetek device (any model) to play the content of a certain large UK satellite provider? (no names mentioned! :-))

I live in mainlaind Europe but still have my satellite subscription in the UK, so I am able to VPN in on my tablet to watch the satellite content. However, if I try to connect my tablet to the TV the content provider's app detects the HDMI connection and blocks the video output. Apparently this is a well-known issue.

So I'm assuming that the same issue will occur with a Wetek device that is HDMI connected to the TV: if I install their app, VPN to the UK and try to watch the news for example, it will have the same error. Can anyone confirm if it will work or not? If not, any workarounds for the Wetek since I haven't been able to find any when using a tablet and HDMI out?

Thanks!
It will likely have the same error. The SoC can tell the difference between an internal LCD connection interface and an HDMI interface. We already have some issues where apps will think they are using the HDMI port of a tablet on WeTek hardware. Most Android hardware seems to be that way, with the odd exception of the Fire TV line. Probably official "Android TV" as well (Shield TV, Nexus Player, etc).
Ok thanks. It has arrived today so I will play with it and see, but I do suspect that it will fail.
If I really want to get that catch-up TV and the live channels working through the satellite company's app, then I will have to play it through a web browser connected to the TV. In that case, one of the Intel boxes is going to be the likely solution isn't it? (short of plugging a laptop in to the TV when we want to watch that content...)
Yeah the said large UK broadcaster use chuffing silver light for their online platform so it's pretty much only old school internet explorer for viewing it. An alternative could be an Xbox 360 with their xbox app, assuming you can do VPN via your router
Thanks for that suggestion mate.

The Hub arrived and I have finally had some time to play with it. Have come across a number of niggles straight off the bat....hopefully they are just going to be down to my ignorance.

1) the remote really is diabolical :-( (which I was warned about to be fair)
I thought I would get around it by using the WeControl app, but after typing in the strong wifi password 5 or 6 times on that useless remote it always rejected the password. Some googling later and I find out that if you have Ethernet connected the password for wifi gets rejected.....huh?!?
Unplugged Ethernet and then wifi pw was duly accepted, meaning I could then start to control the Hub via the app.
Except when I plug Ethernet back in so as to get best streaming/kodi performance through our fibre connection, it automatically disconnects wifi and I lose the app control again.
This is seriously annoying....is there no way to have wifi and Ethernet connected at the same time?? If not then it's enough to send the box back as don't feel like having to buy yet another remote/air mouse....

2) I lost a lot of time trying to set up our media library and video addons on the android Wetek kodi.....trying to set the content on the external HDD failing constantly saying that it can't contact the remote server...more googling indicates that it can't contact the movie or TV DB for some reason and there's no way to ignore that error and keep adding the files to the library. Certainly not going to tell it to ignore the error on a file by file basis for hundreds of movies...

3) so if there is a way to reliably use the WeControl app and Ethernet at the same time and I do decide to keep the box, then it seems like I should be ignoring the android kodi and loading librelec which I've read so much about in the various forums? Simple as downloading the latest tar in the thread and loading it on a microSD card?

Thanks for any pointers/assistance.....was really amped to set this home theatre/média center device up and the initial experience has been quite underwhelming. I'm hoping it's just me being thick or that there are workarounds so that I can set it up to the point where we can enjoy it as much as so many others seem to be doing....

Cheers!
(2016-09-22, 23:04)yarg Wrote: 1) the remote really is diabolical :-( (which I was warned about to be fair)
I thought I would get around it by using the WeControl app, but after typing in the strong wifi password 5 or 6 times on that useless remote it always rejected the password. Some googling later and I find out that if you have Ethernet connected the password for wifi gets rejected.....huh?!?
Unplugged Ethernet and then wifi pw was duly accepted, meaning I could then start to control the Hub via the app.
Except when I plug Ethernet back in so as to get best streaming/kodi performance through our fibre connection, it automatically disconnects wifi and I lose the app control again.
This is seriously annoying....is there no way to have wifi and Ethernet connected at the same time?? If not then it's enough to send the box back as don't feel like having to buy yet another remote/air mouse....

<Snip>

Thanks for any pointers/assistance.....was really amped to set this home theatre/média center device up and the initial experience has been quite underwhelming. I'm hoping it's just me being thick or that there are workarounds so that I can set it up to the point where we can enjoy it as much as so many others seem to be doing....

It's relatively unusual to find boxes that can have a simultaneous WiFi and Ethernet connection because the box would then have two active network connections with two IP addresses.

However if your WiFi access point is on the same subnet and using the same DHCP server as your wired Ethernet connection, then your WiFi connected smartphone or tablet should be on the same network as the hard-wired Hub. Certainly the standard Kodi iOS and Android remotes work well that way (I never connect Kodi platforms via WiFi)

I haven't tried the Wetek Hub remote app - as I have no need for it (I run LibreElec not Android on my Hub) - but I guess it is conceivable it could be locked to WiFi connections (Android can be a bit funny - and the Wetek remote stuff is being quite clever)

My normal solution for remote Android control (I hate Air Mouse solutions) is a small Rii integrated RF Keyboard+trackpad solution.
Thanks for the input. Everything is on the same subnet, with all AV equipment (receiver, BR player, TV and Wetek Hub) connected via ethernet and various phones and tablets via wifi. The router is the DHCP server and there are no IP conflicts that I can see. I saw mention of an app called Fing for nw troubleshooting on another forum post, so when playing with that last night Fing sees all the IPs of all the devices on the subnet, but when the Hub is plugged in via ethernet, it shows as "down" in Fing, which explains why the Control app on the phone doesn't work in that configuration. However the Hub is actually online as I'm able to download the WeTek update when it's connected that way.
Unplug ethernet, connect wifi on the Hub, rescan Fing and it sees the device as up. Restart WeControl and the app connects to the device and works.
So for some reason the phone on wifi cannot access the Hub on ethernet, even though they both have an IP on the same subnet from the same DHCP server and using the same default gateway.....

By the looks of things, I will only be using the Android side for android apps (Netflix etc) if I can get the VPN working and access my UK subscriptions.
For local media library and IPTV via Kodi it sounds like LibreElec is the way to go, but I hadn't realised that the WeTek control app won't work with that anyway. So looks like I'm stuck with buying a remote after all, or sending th box back and buying another that has a decent remote included from the beginning :-(

In your post, you're referring to these kinds of devices?
goo.gl/0eIl4j
goo.gl/FuYlMT

They would then be able to control either the android or the librelec OS'?

Thanks!
Hope new wetek remote will be much better
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3