WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
Thanks for the input. Everything is on the same subnet, with all AV equipment (receiver, BR player, TV and Wetek Hub) connected via ethernet and various phones and tablets via wifi. The router is the DHCP server and there are no IP conflicts that I can see. I saw mention of an app called Fing for nw troubleshooting on another forum post, so when playing with that last night Fing sees all the IPs of all the devices on the subnet, but when the Hub is plugged in via ethernet, it shows as "down" in Fing, which explains why the Control app on the phone doesn't work in that configuration. However the Hub is actually online as I'm able to download the WeTek update when it's connected that way.
Unplug ethernet, connect wifi on the Hub, rescan Fing and it sees the device as up. Restart WeControl and the app connects to the device and works.
So for some reason the phone on wifi cannot access the Hub on ethernet, even though they both have an IP on the same subnet from the same DHCP server and using the same default gateway.....

By the looks of things, I will only be using the Android side for android apps (Netflix etc) if I can get the VPN working and access my UK subscriptions.
For local media library and IPTV via Kodi it sounds like LibreElec is the way to go, but I hadn't realised that the WeTek control app won't work with that anyway. So looks like I'm stuck with buying a remote after all, or sending th box back and buying another that has a decent remote included from the beginning :-(

In your post, you're referring to these kinds of devices?
goo.gl/0eIl4j
goo.gl/FuYlMT

They would then be able to control either the android or the librelec OS'?

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - by yarg - 2016-09-23, 11:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3