• 41(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
There's a new remote coming? Damn, should have waiting to buy the box then....will we be able to get it separately do you know?
Yes , we will be able to buy it separately as accessory
Is it HDR capable?also from ur updated reviews seems like dts x and other high audio codecs are messy, any chance of that being fixed ?
Just cross-posting this from the Wetek forum itself in case it gets more visibility here:

I'm having issues installing LibreElec for the Hub.
Have spent the evening trying to get it to work on a Samsung 32GB Class 10 card. Whatever I try as described below I never get a dual boot option, it always just boots straight in to android.

Followed the instructions in various forum posts:

1) formatted the card using SDFormatterin Windows (and also manually on lubuntu when SDFormatter didn't appear to work)
2) using the Win32 image writer I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to write. The extracted tar has 3 folders with various files in them. I'm guessing that the "targets" folder contains the images we want, but there are two images in there ("kernel" and another whose name I can't remember) and the win32 image writer only accepts one image so not sure what to do.
Also tried just copying the whole file structure across in windows...no dual boot
Tried renaming the kernel file to kernel.img and the kernel.md5 to kernel.img.md5as instructed in one of the posts on page 1 of the thread on the Wetek forum and still no dual boot option
Finally tried using the LibreElec windows installer directly off the LibreElec site. It expects either a tgz or tgz.zip file (if I remember right). Tried just pointing it at the whole tar file and it successfully writes it to the SD card, but still no dual boot option.

What am I missing please guys?!?
I am using a mele f10 deluxe right now.
It has IR-learning capabilitys and I can copy the IR-code of the HUB remote to the mele f10 d.
No problems at all.
And it is a air mouse that is working quite good!

I asked over at wetek forums about using the remote as a full replacement:
http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...rted?new=1

I can say it is working really good. (especially if your TV has CEC)

One thing I ask me right now....
I thought I was able to clone two power codes, one for "TV" and on for "My Box" ... Maybe I am using CEC instead ... Checking right now! Smile

Edit: Yep, it is working like I said! Smile (CEC disabled) I am really happy with this remote. I purchased it for a future kodi/andorid box and already feared I never need it xD
The linked thread is only for android. Kodi is much easyer. I still use the standard layout for the remote.

The mele: It can be found on amazon too.
http://www.gearbest.com/mice-keyboards/p...tml?wid=21
@yarg what is missing is not following the install instructions and making your own up.
You need to flash the .img file. NOT anything else.

LE install, from the LE Install Wiki Page:

Quote:Extract the image from the .gz file using 7zip.
Insert your USB Stick / SDcard into your system. It should appear with a new drive letter.
Run Win32DiskImager
Select the image file and verify the destination drive letter is correct, then click write.
When it is finished, use Safe Remove in Windows before removing the USB stick or SDcard.
You simply select the .img file after it is extracted from the .gz file and flash that.
When booting Hold Down the Remote power button continuously. Until the LE logo appears.

You do not extract files from the .tar
No renaming necessary. Simply flash the .img file.

Got it working! Thanks for the various posts pointing out that I needed to get the full version img and then apply the latest tar after to do the update. That was the bit that I was missing...

Appreciate the help!
I'm two clicks away from ordering the Hub, but I'd like someone to elaborate on the mouse problems. Is there any workaround ? Should I buy the Amazon remote ? Can I use efficiently a smartphone to control the HUB in replacement ?

I'm going to use Librelec on the HUB, should I consider a specific SDcard to improve performances ?

@wrxtasy: I've read that you dismantled a RF module from another wetek product. What did you exactly do ? (Did you remove a part and add it to the Hub ?).

Thanks for your answers and your help.
(2016-09-26, 21:40)Menrad Wrote: I'm two clicks away from ordering the Hub, but I'd like someone to elaborate on the mouse problems. Is there any workaround ? Should I buy the Amazon remote ? Can I use efficiently a smartphone to control the HUB in replacement ?

I'm going to use Librelec on the HUB, should I consider a specific SDcard to improve performances ?

@wrxtasy: I've read that you dismantled a RF module from another wetek product. What did you exactly do ? (Did you remove a part and add it to the Hub ?).

Thanks for your answers and your help.

If you are going to use LE then the normal remote should be fine - it's the air mouse functionality which is poor (then again the whole concept of air mouse is poor).

You should be able to just use your tv remote via CEC, this works fine on my hub, core and play 2.
Ok this means that the directivity problems with the mouse aren't that annoying when in LE, compared with Android?
(2016-09-26, 22:33)Menrad Wrote: Ok this means that the directivity problems with the mouse aren't that annoying when in LE, compared with Android?

Yes that is right. In LE all you really need is the directional up/down/left/right buttons, and that works great.

The "air mouse" stuff is for when you want do things in the Wetek OS that isn't Kodi, like watching 1080p Netflix or whatever. That's when things get crappy.
The IR receiver part of the Hub is poor, you have to point the IR remote directly at the Hub.
I don't know if it's the IR lens cover shielding too much of the IR signal or poor design from the very beginning, but it's obvious not lot of thought or testing went into the Hub's remote by WeTek. Sad

Basically you need to use a Wireless, responsive Air Mouse on any regular Android Lollipop device when using regular (non Android TV OS) Apps for accurate, fast remote control. Kodi control is fine, no Air mouse needed. These IR only D-Pad Air Mouse implementations are frankly useless.

It's why Google invented Android TV OS in the first place for easy Apps use with big screen TV's, to get rid of all this Air Mouse nonsense. Luckily you can use some of these tweaked Android TV OS Apps on WeTeK devices too. I use Netflix all the time.

I believe there is a WeTeK - Wireless Air Mouse / Keyboard combo coming down the pipe shortly. Others are using the nice MINIX NEO A2 Lite and I've seen the Mele brand mentioned. See the WeTeK forums.

I actually pulled the case apart on my Core and removed its internal USB Wireless receiver dongle, so I can use that excellent little, fast and accurate Air Mouse remote with any device I have.

Class 10 UHS1 Samsung EVO (+) or Sandisk micro SDHC cards work best with AMLogic devices.

Thanks guys for all these informations.
The IR receiver seems fine, actually. I think the issue is with the remote. I've programmed a Mele F10 Delux Lite remote with IR commands from the original Hub remote, and they work from just about any angle.
(2016-09-27, 11:29)Ned Scott Wrote: The IR receiver seems fine, actually. I think the issue is with the remote. I've programmed a Mele F10 Delux Lite remote with IR commands from the original Hub remote, and they work from just about any angle.

Yep - when running LE on the Hub other remotes are fine. The bundled remote seems a bit... average...
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3