WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-10-22, 10:11)auren Wrote: I find it annoying that it reboots every time I plug in a USB powered device. This can easily be solved by letting the Hub run its course or just plug the USB in before turning the Hub on.
The problem you have here is very common across all low powered ARM devices. RPi's ODROID's and all other AMLogic boxes. That is they cannot supply enough USB power to reliably run 2.5" Hard Drives.
If you are connecting Multiple USB power hungry devices you need to budget for a powered USB Hub to prevent issues. 3.5" externally powered Hard Drives will have no such issues.

It is the USB power drain that is causing the Hub to reboot.

@t2ffnp,
(2016-10-21, 15:56)t2ffn Wrote: It seems to be an amazing device and from trying to browse the latest updated info in this thread, it looks like it will do everything except HDR, which the Odroid C2 does. I can't much decide between these two. As they appear to be the same SoC why does one do HDR the other doesn't?

Which would you go for?

The AMLogic S905 SoC's (Chips) in the WeTek's and ODROID C2 are not HDR capable.

One option is a ultra budget HDR capable AMLogic S905X box running LibreELEC, but even then I'm unsure if LibreELEC Kodi can output HDR10 video.
More information on S905X LibreELEC would be in this thread:
https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-38.html

For what you want really the HDR Netflix capable, nVIDIA Shield is the best option. As its a relatively mature Android device now that gives you all the Android TV OS bells and whistles in a nice flexible package. Good luck finding one. A new v2.0 model should be on sale very soon, packing Android Nougat 7.0 most likely.

BTW: The Hub will be slower than a Chromebox. The IR output and sensitivity from the included Hub remote is not that good either, but Bluetooth remotes can fix that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - by wrxtasy - 2016-10-22, 12:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3