WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-12-29, 04:18)SilverBlade Wrote: Best Buy (Canada) has this in stock and on Boxing Week sale (until the 29th).
Regular $129.99 for $109.99.

I plan on putting Libreelec on it (Dual boot). Should I jump on it now, or wait until Libreelec has the memory leak fixed?
I'm on long overdue Holidays, so hand over releases to other LE devs.
@kszaq has a 32bit version of LibreELEC Jarvis for the Hub that has the memory leak fixed for 1GB AML devices.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-3103.html

@Raybuntu also has a 32bit LibreELEC Kodi Krypton that is working nicely as well with recent LibreELEC dev. patches.

All you really need for the Hub is to budget for a Wireless Remote control, because the included IR remote is pretty poor. I use a MINIX A2 Lite Mini Keyboard. Responsiveness is excellent once you go wireless.

@bogolisk, Dual Band AC WiFi and Bluetooth included with the Hub, but only 1 USB2 port compared to 4 on the C2. Both use fast high quality Samsung eMMC flash storage. They will both be using the same AML Linux Kernel and LibreELEC patches from Kodi Krypton onwards.

Boot time is quicker on a eMMC C2 due to no Dual Boot selection / wait time. The Hub is not slow once is gets past the initial boot screen especially when used with a Wireless remote.
The C2 does have Linux Lirc working to custom program your own IR remote if needed. MCE IR remotes work out of the box.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - by wrxtasy - 2016-12-29, 12:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3