• 49(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
At 32bit kernel as well DRM's should be working, which open space for those streaming addons that require DRM like Sky Go etc.
Recently purchased a Wetek Hub. It does everything I want it to do with Libreelec (dual boot) (HD audio, write to external drives, etc).

But I'm actually forced to return it.

The size is 99% perfect. I love the small form factor. It's just *too* small, by a small amount.

Tried to plug in the IR extender (which I need) AND USB hard drives (which..I also need) Nope. No room for both. One or the other.

If it was just a couple of millimeters longer, it would be 100% perfect. But this is kind of a deal-breaker for me. I honestly wouldn't think this would be. Everything else is absolutely perfect
What is wrong with using a Dirt Cheap, unpowered USB Hub / extender cable ?

ANY Wireless remote control used on the Hub is a far better option than Infra Red. Especially if you need to use an Air mouse.

(2017-01-19, 05:08)wrxtasy Wrote: What is wrong with using a Dirt Cheap, unpowered USB Hub / extender cable ?

ANY Wireless remote control used on the Hub is a far better option than Infra Red. Especially if you need to use an Air mouse.

It's the spacing in between the IR port and the USB port. It's too close to use both at once.

And I don't need an Air mouse. Just my Harmony remote.
* wrxtasy * goes to check this out....

USB2 socket with a dirt cheap USB Hub (normal sized USB plug) & IR Extender cable = 2-3mm gap.

It all plugs in just fine.

Not sure what Fat Ass USB Hard drive cable plug you are using, because ALL my USB cables plug in just fine with the IR Extender cable inserted.

Simple solution, get a normal Sized plug - HDD cable or USB2 Extender cable.

@wrxtasy following your updated "pick the right Kodi box" of January I've noticed that you have mentioned "amazon video" working with Kodi 18 test and inpustream add-on. I've read also other posts of yours and tested it with wetek hub: I can confirm that with Kodi 18 (not tested 17) + inpustream add-on, 1080p amazon video is working well also on WeTeK hub. I'm using m development build. The only "problem" is that the add-on is limited to English and German audio (not a big problem just to be clear ) but the great thing is that it is working and working wellWink thanks
Hey, I’m a new member here with a question! I hope it is ok to ask it here Smile

I always ran OpenELEC on my raspberry pi3, and I’m very very satisfied with it, rock stable, always preforming!
I’m looking to upgrade my hardware to take advantage of the 4k content that is available.
I’ve been looking high and low for the best players/boxes.
I’m not interested in Android, I just want to natively run OpenELEC of LibreELEC on a non HDR 4K TV, and play nearly all types of video files.

My (very) short list:

Wetek Hub
Odroid-C2

They both fit all my needs as far as I can see.
Now the question: Which of those 2 is most stable and future proof running OpenELEC/LibreELEC?

Thank you very much for you responces! Smile
(2017-01-23, 13:19)kwarco Wrote: Hey, I’m a new member here with a question! I hope it is ok to ask it here Smile

I always ran OpenELEC on my raspberry pi3, and I’m very very satisfied with it, rock stable, always preforming!
I’m looking to upgrade my hardware to take advantage of the 4k content that is available.
I’ve been looking high and low for the best players/boxes.
I’m not interested in Android, I just want to natively run OpenELEC of LibreELEC on a non HDR 4K TV, and play nearly all types of video files.

My (very) short list:

Wetek Hub
Odroid-C2

They both fit all my needs as far as I can see.
Now the question: Which of those 2 is most stable and future proof running OpenELEC/LibreELEC?

Thank you very much for you responces! Smile

That is exactly my setup. Have two TV's, non HDR and I'm using currently the Libreelec 8.0 RC3 from kszaq you can find here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2156.html
I installed and the internal NAND, the speed and the stability is awesome and the remote from the Hub is reacting with the extender perfectly fast and instant (guess cause kszaq is using amremote rather then lirc).
It plays everything I throw at it (h264, h265, sd, hd, 4k, 8bit, 10bit and interlaced h264 1080i Live TV too).
I like about the Box how small it is and that it can be completely hidden behind the TV compared to the C2.
@kwarco,

Welcome !

Yes LibreELEC Kodi Krypton will run nicely indeed when released for AML devices.
Raybuntu 32bit LE test versions of Krypton are already going well for both devices. Smile

If you need integrated WiFi / Bluetooth get the WeTek Hub. Cool to look at as well if your into aesthetics.
C2 is slight bigger than the Hub. Same size as the RPi3 actually.

Both devices really need a Wireless remote control to get ultimate speedy remote response times and fluid GUI out of them.
They really are sort of twin devices the Hub & C2 because both use the exact same AMLogic Linux Kernel, same Kodi patches as well.

I can however Overclock the C2's CPU and RAM Safely to give it a bit of an extra grunt.
Plus 2GB RAM vs 1Gb on the Hub is better for running Virtual Machines using Docker.
You also have that 40 PIN GPIO interface on the C2 for future projects - its more of a development board in that regard like the Pi3.

Running LibreELEC from eMMC Flash is easier with the C2, you get to pick your Flash Storage size.
A LibreELEC developer @kszaq has LE images that can be installed to the Hub's internal eMMC Flash memory as well.

For Future proofing. Its hard to tell. I suppose 2GB RAM always has more headroom than 1GB. Undecided

BTW: The Hub uses fast internal Samsung eMMC flash memory. Pretty much the same Samsung as used externally by the C2. Not the slower NAND as is the common misconception. WeTek's boot screen Info is Wrong !

Ok! Thank you guys for the helpful answers Smile it is really nice to see such an active community supporting these devices!
I’m leaning slightly to an Odroid C2 board at the moment Smile mainly because the 45€ price difference. And this way I can keep using my current power supply, remote, RP3 case, …

What kind of SD cards are you guys running in your Hub’s or C2’s? I specify bought a "Samsung MB-MPAGB UHS-I Class 10 microSDHC Plus" for My RP3 because of the high 4Kbite Read/Write speeds. After the change I could literally see a performance boost in the Kodi menu structure. (https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...&start=250)

Are there some similar “Sweet spot” SD cards out there where these boxes can benefit from?
I guess if you run LibreELEC on a Hub from internal memory that it is less relevant… (movie content comes from SMB shares)
(2017-01-23, 15:35)kwarco Wrote: What kind of SD cards are you guys running in your Hub’s or C2’s? I specify bought a "Samsung MB-MPAGB UHS-I Class 10 microSDHC Plus" for My RP3 because of the high 4Kbite Read/Write speeds. After the change I could literally see a performance boost in the Kodi menu structure. (https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...&start=250)
Same type of cards. I swear by the Samsung EVO(+) or Sandisk UHS-1 Class 10 for the same superior random 4K R/W performance.

(2017-01-23, 13:52)wrxtasy Wrote: @kwarco,

Welcome !

Yes LibreELEC Kodi Krypton will run nicely indeed when released for AML devices.
Raybuntu 32bit LE test versions of Krypton are already going well for both devices. Smile

If you need integrated WiFi / Bluetooth get the WeTek Hub. Cool to look at as well if your into aesthetics.
C2 is slight bigger than the Hub. Same size as the RPi3 actually.

Both devices really need a Wireless remote control to get ultimate speedy remote response times and fluid GUI out of them.
They really are sort of twin devices the Hub & C2 because both use the exact same AMLogic Linux Kernel, same Kodi patches as well.

I can however Overclock the C2's CPU and RAM Safely to give it a bit of an extra grunt.
Plus 2GB RAM vs 1Gb on the Hub is better for running Virtual Machines using Docker.
You also have that 40 PIN GPIO interface on the C2 for future projects - its more of a development board in that regard like the Pi3.

Running LibreELEC from eMMC Flash is easier with the C2, you get to pick your Flash Storage size.
A LibreELEC developer @kszaq has LE images that can be installed to the Hub's internal eMMC Flash memory as well.

For Future proofing. Its hard to tell. I suppose 2GB RAM always has more headroom than 1GB. Undecided

BTW: The Hub uses fast internal Samsung eMMC flash memory. Pretty much the same Samsung as used externally by the C2. Not the slower NAND as is the common misconception. WeTek's boot screen Info is Wrong !

Just to add...

If you use kszaq's LibreELEC build with the Wetek Hub, the remote works ALOT better. Apparently kszaq's uses amremote instead of lirc.
Lirc should be better for setting up your own remote. But I have no experience with that.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks to popcornmix, memleak with 64bit devices under LibreELEC/OpenELEC is fixed now.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11620#...-277734842
Hope that Dual boot for MM will be available soon so I can test this new version of LibreELEC because it sounds promising.
MM is atm only working solution for other apps then Kodi on Hub.
I run Android Marshmallow on my wetek hub - dual boot with libreelec works fine, just like with all the other S905 boxes. All you have to do is make the sd card, put it in and push the reset pin when starting the box - this will execute the aml script that modifies the bootloader.

After this, the hub will boot from sd card if present. No more need to push the reset pin. What you do not get is the "push power button to boot from X" option during start, but I do not need that. If I want to use android, I simply boot libreelec and select "reboot to nand" from the power menu.
Wetek Hub: LibreElec 8.0.0c
MK808B+: LibreElec 7.0.2.7
MXQ Pro 4k (S905): LibreElec 7.0.2.012j (Denon X1200W, 7.1 speakers, LG PF1500G)
Akaso HM8 (S905X): LibreElec 8.0.0c
Acer Revo 3610: Milhouse
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3