WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
I'm wondering if anyone can help with a relatively minor issue I'm having. More a question than anything.
Current setup is hub connected to a denon receiver, which in turn is connected to an oldish (2010?) panasonic plasma, all via HDMI (1.4).
Hub is connected to home network via gigabit/ethernet to a QNAP NAS for local video storage.
Hub has been flashed with Ricardo's 2.4.1 ROM

Generally it has worked extremely well and adequate for my needs. Using Kodi 17.6 and modified video cache. The problem I'm having is that any movie on the network more than about 20gb in size, has constant stuttering and makes it unwatcheable. Movies are all stored as 1080p etc (no 4k/hdr etc) and play just fine when at lower file sizes, just no good when they are larger.

I initially thought this may have been due to only having 1gb of memory, but now I'm not so sure. 

I was playing around with some Kodi settings today and changed the ''allow hardware acceleration'' options in video processing. I had both 'media codec'and ''media codec (surface)' switched on. When I switched them off, I could suddenly watch a large movie (30gb that had previously not played properly), with absolutely no issues.

To me that doesn't make sense. Shouldn't I want hardware acceleration? Or am I doing something wrong (quite possible Undecided ).

Thank in advance,
HJ

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - by theburgersarebetter - 2018-09-17, 13:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3