WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
Ok smart people.
I have another issue that is not really an issue. More just something I've noticed and am curious why.
I'm no longer having the issues playing 1080p videos with large file sizes (40gb+) from above.

Keep in mind, the hub is connected to an AVR with 4k passthrough to a 1080p tv (ie not 4K), and everything via HDMI.
Kodi is set to 1080p @60Hz and auto refresh rate.
I tried playing a 4K video, just to see what would happen. The video plays, but it is constantly stuttering. I don't think it's judder, more like if the tv had a strobe effect (ie constantly dropping frames), if that makes sense. 
If I change the kodi output settings from refresh rate of 60Hz to 23.98Hz, the same video then plays smooth like butter. But the kicker is, changing it back to 60Hz, it  will continue to play smooth like butter.
Even just logging in through the kodi web interface, not changing any of the settings, (output still 1080p @60Hz), but just clicking save, and the video will play perfectly smooth.

Anyone have any ideas why? As I said, I'm not concerned as my setup is not 4k (yet).
More just wondering.

Cheers, tbab

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - by theburgersarebetter - 2018-09-28, 03:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3