Linux Changing Volume freezes Raspberry PI3
is there anything us luddites can do to be helpful on this issue?
A possible fix is in the latest #0912 test build:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298461
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse I have lightly tried #0912. So far, the volume button has not caused any problem with it. I hope that other folks will give more tests to it.
(2017-09-14, 00:15)borderite Wrote: @Milhouse I have lightly tried #0912. So far, the volume button has not caused any problem with it. I hope that other folks will give more tests to it.

Good to hear. Sorry it took so long, but I finally got hold of a TV that caused the issue.
The problem is provoked by a display that sends button released CEC messages without preceding button pressed messages.
We handled that badly in the firmware (trying to reference the non-existing pressed message) causing the hang.
Another confirmation from me that this resolves the problem on my pi/Vizio combo too - this was driving my wife nuts, so hopefully at least in this area - happy wife, happy life... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing Volume freezes Raspberry PI30