Setting single subtitle file for all videos
I've been pondering this one recently. I'll describe the use case at the end. There are workarounds, but:

I would like to take a single subtitle file, probably a .srt file generated by a script, and use this subtitle file automatically for all videos played (ignoring any other source of subtitles). I can manually set a custom subtitle folder, select the sound settings and load the subtitle file from there, but would like to automate this process (and apply it to every video played on a particular kodi installation).

One use case is for background videos when exercising. I would like some sort of entertaining movie, basically to keep my eyes interested, some music to keep my ears interested, and a text overlaid to read or memorise. For memory work (memorising short texts, often of foreign languages) it is good to have a line displayed at the bottom of the screen for reference, so I can then repeat it to myself for a minute or so, before the next one appears.

(Ideally it would be nice to group a list of videos together and have the file cover all of them (the workaround for files with compatible framerates and resolutions is to concatenate with ffmpeg first, but this takes time and is inflexible). That sort of thing would require deeper hacking into kodi, and at some stage it would be nice to sit down and dig through the source code.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting single subtitle file for all videos0