Release Visual Thumbs - (Create thumbs for subfolders in picture library)
Nevermind... I think I got it Smile Hopefully... ahh, good old days when ASCII was the only option Smile

Try it now, I updated the repository with v1.5.0
Good morning, i was writing to you that no line referred to the error was shown in the log just the path of my photos and the number of levels iicrc.
I see new update, I'm performing a scan now, and folder.jpg are created under user_data both in deepest folders that in the one we need. So we are ok.
Thanks
all done, all images created without errors.
have you thought at some improvements of the behaviour?
- now if i add a new folder to my collection, not in kodi, i have to rescan all again.
- if i dislike a thumbnails created and i want redo just one i can't i have to rescan all again.
thanks again for this cool script.
Peppe

EDIT

another little thing that i don't know if you can control with your script:
the creation of thumbnails ignores the exif informations related to the orientation of images.
Peppe
Great, important that I got through with this encoding stuff Smile Now I can try to improve small things....

I think I can make it so that it ignores folders with folder.jpg, that should be pretty easy.

I have no idea how to solve the thumbs that you don't like - now I am scanning ALL pictures and selecting random 4.... but we'l see Smile

EXIF? Hmmm, I'm just checking width/height... will see if I can read EXIF info from images

regards,
D.
(2016-06-30, 09:19)peppe_sr Wrote: another little thing that i don't know if you can control with your script:
the creation of thumbnails ignores the exif informations related to the orientation of images.
Peppe

Can you try new version (1.6) if EXIF rotation tag works?

D.

edit:

updated to v1.7 - added option no to overwrite existing thumbs (folder.jpg)
v1.8
- Optimize reading
- Overalll code cleanup
- Add 3rd level folder thumbs creation
- Added Serbian, Serbian Cyrillic and Czech translations
i'm reading now. i will test as soon as possible!
Peppe
Updated:

v1.9
- Better debugging
That's neat, another handy addon :-)
Just a thing i noticed from the screenshot you posted on the first page.
It might already have been corrected, but it contains a spelling error on the shown 'create thumbnails' dialog.
Directiry should be directory...
Will take a look, thanks!
v2.0
- Typo fixed (thanx Atreyu!) Smile
v2.1
- Bug Fixes, optimizations
v2.2
- Context menu - delete single thumb, whole tree, recreate 1st level thumbs, whole tree
would be possible add a setting to choose the different thumbs format?
as example .jpg or .png.
here the reason of my request. see my last two posts.
have a nice day.
Peppe
Right now, thumbs are in JPG format, and I think this is the only way it works. Kodi expects folder.jpg file, I am not sure .png would work... I'll test and see...

As far as refreshing goes - I found out that after you make thumbnails, you have to refresh thumbs (kodi option from right-click or "c" menu - regenerate thumbnails) and then sometimes to OPEN this folder and then go back and then press "regenerate" once more....

Will give a try with png.

OK, here are the results of test:

When I use PNG, the folder uses the image and has transparency (cooool!!!) Smile :

But!!!

When you open the folder, the folder.png image is VISIBLE as normal image:

Which is not cool Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visual Thumbs - (Create thumbs for subfolders in picture library)0