Release Visual Thumbs - (Create thumbs for subfolders in picture library)
sure, i now that.
have to think a way to force the refresh.

EDIT

in advancedsettings.xml there is an interesting code.

Code:
2.7 Photos settings

2.7.2 pictureexcludes
Matches filenames or folders which should be excluded from being displayed in My Pictures using a list of Regular Expressions

<pictureexcludes>  <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in My Pictures -->
  <regexp>small</regexp>
  <regexp>[-\._ ](sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</pictureexcludes>
(2016-08-01, 11:45)peppe_sr Wrote: sure, i now that.
have to think a way to force the refresh.

EDIT

in advancedsettings.xml there is an interesting code.

Code:
2.7 Photos settings

2.7.2 pictureexcludes
Matches filenames or folders which should be excluded from being displayed in My Pictures using a list of Regular Expressions

<pictureexcludes>  <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in My Pictures -->
  <regexp>small</regexp>
  <regexp>[-\._ ](sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</pictureexcludes>
Hmm interesting. .. will try Smile

Sent from my GT-N7100
Yes, this has to be in advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
        <regexp>folder.png</regexp>
    </pictureexcludes>
</advancedsettings>

and the folder.png is not shown. Now only to edit the script to generate PNG instead of JPG Smile

D>
great, i read that part of code years ago, it was somewhere in my mind........

remain the refresh problem after the script ends!
are you sure that regenerate thumbs works also for that?
if so you can add a built in command to execute a first refresh after all thumbs are create. i can't find a specific one maybe is this generic refresh command:
Code:
Container.Refresh  -->  Refresh current listing
but really don't know if you can use it inside the script.
Peppe
Sometimes regenerate thumbs works, sometimes you need to open the folder, return and THEN do "regenerate" in order to update.... sometimes it updates only single folder, sometimes all folders in a level.... Smile
OK, got everything working except "refresh"... just have to automate adding regex to advancedsettings.xml, which si not a problem but will take some time Smile
good.
also create advancedsettings.xml if not present, that i think is the common situation of most kodi users. but this feature is not so important.
about refresh, when i suggested to use more than one image format it was because switching between formats should force the refresh. made some test in the past and i'm pretty sure about this.
Peppe
v2.3
- Added option to make thumbs as PNG file, not only JPG, so it supports transparency now
- Hides folder.png from being displayed as a picture by making advancedsettings.xml (only if file already doesn't exist)
- Various small optimizations

So for the time being, I am not updating advancedsettings.xml if it exists, only creating it if it does't. If it exists, and exception for folder.png is there - then it;s OK. If it's not there... user must add it manualy. Still have to do the part of updating the XML.... Smile
v2.4
- parsing advancedsettings.xml and adding exclusion for folder.png
v2.5
- code cleanup
v2.6
- All strings read from language files
- Unicode fixes
If you like this add on, please like the Facebook page: Visual Thumbs
v2.7
- Logo, banner, fanart
v2.8
- Change all xml guisettings reading from xml.dom to json