v16 channel unavailable
Running -
Kodi: 16.1 Git:c327c53
Ubuntu 14.04
pvr-mythtv
mythtv 0.27 (backend on same computer as kodi)
infinitv 6

I get "channel unavailable" on some channels most times. When running mythtv frontend I can always tune these channels. If I start recording the "channel unavailable" with kodi I can play the channel on kodi as it is being recorded. I have increased the tuning time on kodi to 15 sec with no effect on the "channel unavailable." There are no crash logs. Do you have any suggestions? Are there any video buffers that can be changed that would help? Thank you for an overall great product.
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
kodi.log sent to -

http://paste.ubuntu.com/17858491/
The log shows ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)SpawnLiveTV: tune delay exceeded (5000ms)
which is why you are getting channel unavailable.

Can you please enable "Include more debug information in the log file" for pvr.mythtv addon (its in the Advanced tab) and provide a new debug log. It might also be useful to temporarily increase the Tuning delay (sec) to say 30, this increase does not affect normal operation (the delay timeout is cancelled if tuning succeeds) unless tuning is not possible.

Please make sure to restart kodi before retesting as pvr.mythtv addon only reads some settings at kodi startup.

Mike
Increasing the tuning delay to 30 sec has solved the problem for now. I think it takes mythtv longer to acquire many of the SD subchannels. Thank you for your suggestion. I will not submit any more kodi.log for now unless you think I should.
I don't know anything about the infinitv 6, so I can't comment on how long a channel change should take.

If the channel change times using either mythtv frontend or Kodi are similar then there nothing more to do.

However, if Kodi is much slower than mythtv frontend, another debug log would be helpful.

Mike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
channel unavailable0