Smart Playlist "Random" Not Working
Using SMB, I play TV shows through Kodi. In the folder where the TV shows are, I have each series in their own folders and then further separated by season. Kodi is able to easily pick up each of these and play them with no problem. I created a smart playlist, but initially the files weren't visible in the playlist. After removing the space in the folder name, the smart playlist can now see the videos. The problem is the "random" feature does not work properly. When I set it to random and play the playlist, it randomly picks one of the series, but then plays every video from within the series in order. I tried it multiple times and determined the selection of the series was indeed random, but what followed was not.

My goal is to have it randomly pick an episode among all the series and seasons and keep playing one random episode after another. If this has already been answered, I apologize. I have searched significantly before creating an account to ask the question.
(2016-06-25, 18:01)too40shorty Wrote: Using SMB, I play TV shows through Kodi. In the folder where the TV shows are, I have each series in their own folders and then further separated by season. Kodi is able to easily pick up each of these and play them with no problem. I created a smart playlist, but initially the files weren't visible in the playlist. After removing the space in the folder name, the smart playlist can now see the videos. The problem is the "random" feature does not work properly. When I set it to random and play the playlist, it randomly picks one of the series, but then plays every video from within the series in order. I tried it multiple times and determined the selection of the series was indeed random, but what followed was not.

My goal is to have it randomly pick an episode among all the series and seasons and keep playing one random episode after another. If this has already been answered, I apologize. I have searched significantly before creating an account to ask the question.

Try using episode type, not tvshow.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-06-25, 21:02)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-06-25, 18:01)too40shorty Wrote: Using SMB, I play TV shows through Kodi. In the folder where the TV shows are, I have each series in their own folders and then further separated by season. Kodi is able to easily pick up each of these and play them with no problem. I created a smart playlist, but initially the files weren't visible in the playlist. After removing the space in the folder name, the smart playlist can now see the videos. The problem is the "random" feature does not work properly. When I set it to random and play the playlist, it randomly picks one of the series, but then plays every video from within the series in order. I tried it multiple times and determined the selection of the series was indeed random, but what followed was not.

Try using episode type, not tvshow.

Sent from my SM-G935T
You are amazing. Works like a charm. Thank you so much!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist "Random" Not Working0