[RELEASE] EasyNews Streamer (Script)
nate12o6 Wrote:I tried it out last night and when i do a search it does not return anything. Also It gets me stuck in the script. I let the search go for like 15 min. Anyone know what could be the problem?

Strange... what was your search term so I can replicate it.
Update:

I have thumbnail working. So pressing INFO on a search return displays the easynews thumbnail in full screen

I have preliminary download working. Pressing MENU on an item it will ask if you want to download. Currently, when you start a download it is not possible to cancel it. I'm working on this by using threads. I also want to add multi part download support to speed up the download.

After the above are pretty solid, I'll post the version in xbmcscripts and release it. Then I'll add support for a download queue so you can select a few items and download them overnight etc.
bortoni Wrote:Strange... what was your search term so I can replicate it.

I have tried multiple search terms. Knocked up and test where a couple.

Is your search using the global web interface search or newsgroup protocol?
nate12o6 Wrote:I have tried multiple search terms. Knocked up and test where a couple.

Is your search using the global web interface search or newsgroup protocol?

Global web

Can you try this:
http://xbmc-easynews-streamer.googlecode..._v1.1a.zip

It's my latest WIP. You can press INFO to get a thumbnail and MENU to download.

Let me know if your searches work... I have just tried them it they did. I'm using the exact version I have just linked to.
The version i was using was the 1.0 version that was on google code. but i will definately try 1.1 when i get home from work. thanks!
nate12o6 Wrote:The version i was using was the 1.0 version that was on google code. but i will definately try 1.1 when i get home from work. thanks!

Ooops... found a stupid error in DL code. Fixed here:
http://xbmc-easynews-streamer.googlecode..._v1.1b.zip

Threading is going well. Should have the ability to cancel a download today. Multipart might be done in a couple more.
bortoni Wrote:Ooops... found a stupid error in DL code. Fixed here:
http://xbmc-easynews-streamer.googlecode..._v1.1b.zip

Threading is going well. Should have the ability to cancel a download today. Multipart might be done in a couple more.

You rock. This is a dream script. Ages a go this guy tried making a nzb downloader but built into XBMC but then he just left and never gave teh source out.

So till this came out I have had no newsgroup account due to no PC but down I have a reason to get one... Yea it is easy news (I am a giganews person) but it is a start.

Anyone know the full cost of easynews in £? not the convertion but how much normaly banks convert in.
nate12o6 Wrote:I tried it out last night and when i do a search it does not return anything. Also It gets me stuck in the script. I let the search go for like 15 min. Anyone know what could be the problem?

I think I found the issue. Whenever settings were being updated, the settings file is updated but the script kept the old values.

If you run it the first time it will ask for your settings and if you do a search the default values would be used.

I work around is to exit the script and restart it... it will then pick up your correct settings from the settings file.
Is this script updated much? And can you now have more connections to speed up downloads?

Btw, great script again Big Grin
dafunks Wrote:Is this script updated much? And can you now have more connections to speed up downloads?

Btw, great script again Big Grin

Here is the latest info on this:

Sept 14. 2007 Version 1.1
------------------------
Support Thumbnails by Pressing "INFO" or Right Trigger
Support Downloading Content by Pressing "Menu" on an item

Home Page:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-easynews-streamer/

Feedback and questions:
ed (at) bortoni.com

Upcoming Changes:
-----------------
Add support for multipart downloading for faster speed
Add support for download Queue
Add support for Saved Searches
Add support for "New on DVD" Search with Help from Nick
Add support for "New in Theaters" Search with Help from Nick

The last 2 items I'm working on with Nick B. Sorry for not releasing more updates but worked got a bit crazy.

Regards
bortoni Wrote:Here is the latest info on this:

Sept 14. 2007 Version 1.1
------------------------
Support Thumbnails by Pressing "INFO" or Right Trigger
Support Downloading Content by Pressing "Menu" on an item

Home Page:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-easynews-streamer/

Feedback and questions:
ed (at) bortoni.com

Upcoming Changes:
-----------------
Add support for multipart downloading for faster speed
Add support for download Queue
Add support for Saved Searches
Add support for "New on DVD" Search with Help from Nick
Add support for "New in Theaters" Search with Help from Nick

The last 2 items I'm working on with Nick B. Sorry for not releasing more updates but worked got a bit crazy.

Regards

Thanks for your work on this, I've been using it quite a bit recently. The new features all sound good.

Other things I wouldn't mind to see are:

Music searching and streaming.

Group browsing.

I may hack together the music searching anyway for my own use. Not sure how this would work for playing an album though, maybe could use m3u or sfv files.
Can i give some ideas?

* A login for newzbin so we can search for nzb files to download? I am not sure if you have used newzbin but it is a great site full of everything usenet related.

* Able to open a NZB file and it to download from it

* Download from a rss feed

* Place a NZB file into a folder on the xbox and it to download from it.

as you can see most are based around nzb files Tongue
Great script. I do however feel some things could be changed. One of the most important to me is to have thumbnails next to the results, and not having to press the triger. I clearly will be using this soon enough, but atm I can't seem to get enough speed to use it without buffering to much. (Dispite me having 20mb internet). However except for that it works wonders and once I sorted out the speed I am sure this will be one of my most used scripts. Thanks alot for making a great script Smile
DigiNews Wrote:Great script. I do however feel some things could be changed. One of the most important to me is to have thumbnails next to the results, and not having to press the triger. I clearly will be using this soon enough, but atm I can't seem to get enough speed to use it without buffering to much. (Dispite me having 20mb internet). However except for that it works wonders and once I sorted out the speed I am sure this will be one of my most used scripts. Thanks alot for making a great script Smile

Try playing with the route on http://members.easynews.com/route/ you can run a trace from there too.

I also found increasing the cache to max seemed to cope with most of the buffering issues from easynews.
Yea i agree with changing the trigger button being used to view thumbs.... Maybe the yellow button?

also a download button like a TVLinks script does. Pressing the BLACK button downloads the sellected video.

It would also be great (If it can be done) to be able to download one video and watch another or maybe download 2-5 videos at the same time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] EasyNews Streamer (Script)0