Settings applicable to all profiles
I am currently configuring kodi with multiple profiles for my family. So I have some settings that apply to a single profile, which is easily done by UI or the advancedsettings.xml file in the appropriate profile folder. Other settings apply to all profiles (e.g. allowing remote control, http, ...). Here I am running into problems. The wiki pages do not give any informations about this (at least I did not find them), so I thought that probably the .kodi/system folder is meant for this purpose (after all it is empty, so it is probably not a location kodi uses to store background stuff). However it did not have any effect. Looking at the log I see that kodi looks for special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml and then at the profile. But special://xbmc is systemwide, so only editable by root. I would really like to have all my custom settings in one place (makes it git trackable).
Am I missing something or are custom settings only possible system-wide (Linux /usr/...) and per profile, not per system user (I would expected in .kodi/system)?

EDIT: My current workaround is to put an advancedsettings.xml into special://home/system and a symlink to that file into special://xbmc/system (what is it with this relict xbmc here?)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings applicable to all profiles0