how to display video resolution in kodi
How do you display the video resolution/quality in kodi. What I mean is the listing at the bottom of the screen for the first number of seconds ,showing 720 or 1080p or whatever the quality for the particular stream being viewed.
Depends on what you are using to control KODI. With keyboard it should be either I or M. I use the Kore app as my remote.
"I' key while playing, skin dependant though.
Thank you both for your replies ,but what I have is an android tv box with its own remote. What I was looking for was that each time a stream or movie came on the quality 720 or 1080 or whatever would display at the bottom of the screen for a while. I actually had that facility on a build that I once used ,but do not have it on my present build ,so I wondered would I be able to activate that through settings.
Skin features compatibility list (wiki)

Some skins will give you this inside the player, others will have this as a hackable addition (look to the author of the skin).
As of the most recent betas, the "o" for "onscreen display" no longer shows most of the information it used to. Is this intentional or a regression of some kind? It used to be a very useful tool for debugging whether for example video acceleration was being used, if frames were being skipped, etc..
(2016-07-02, 22:49)darwin Wrote: As of the most recent betas, the "o" for "onscreen display" no longer shows most of the information it used to. Is this intentional or a regression of some kind? It used to be a very useful tool for debugging whether for example video acceleration was being used, if frames were being skipped, etc..

I've just made my first real entry to the Kodi v17 FAQ ;)

http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v17_(Krypton)...nformation
(2016-07-02, 23:07)Ned Scott Wrote: I've just made my first real entry to the Kodi v17 FAQ Wink
Awesome, thanks. It's amazing how often I rely on that information, heh!
Is this intentional or a regression of some kindHuh?

waleeed
(2016-07-04, 08:01)alstonamos Wrote: Is this intentional or a regression of some kindHuh?

waleeed

Intentional.

Long story short: Someone thought that data/window was wrong (and/or pointless for users), so they removed the old codec info window (technically it's an "overlay"). That is, they felt the code was wrong, and where the information displayed was wrong. This upset a bunch of people, so now things are slowly going back in. Very very slowly, with lots of arguments along the way.

Imagine a bunch of engineers arguing over a light switch, and someone just rips it out because it should be done better. Now no one can turn on the lights. They argue some more, and now a complicated light switch is being developed to replace the old one. This new light switch is, in fact, better. However, some people don't understand why so much time had to be spent on something that really wasn't broken in the first place.

For the end users there will simply be a new place to get this data. It should be just as easy to get to, if not easier, so no need to worry.
Very poor and wrong explanation of this story. Nevertheless, that last sentence is true.
(2016-07-04, 21:18)FernetMenta Wrote: Very poor and wrong explanation of this story. Nevertheless, that last sentence is true.

Right or wrong...funny. Smile
(2016-07-02, 22:49)darwin Wrote: As of the most recent betas, the "o" for "onscreen display" no longer shows most of the information it used to. Is this intentional or a regression of some kind? It used to be a very useful tool for debugging whether for example video acceleration was being used, if frames were being skipped, etc..

I was searching for how to show the video infromation (codecs and resolution) of a video during playback and found this this thread.

'Letter O' works for me. I'm using Kodi Krypton v17.6 on Android TV.

Thank you @darwin for mentioning it. It shows as much info as I need anyway. Smile
@everway9

Section 6, 7 & 8 describe the OSD that you are after, and more... https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_playback

Also, a list of keyboard shortcuts... https://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-05-23, 06:22)Karellen Wrote: @everway9

Section 6, 7 & 8 describe the OSD that you are after, and more... https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_playback

Also, a list of keyboard shortcuts... https://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

Thank you @Karellen. Thats a very useful link. I might have even found it myself if I had searched properly. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to display video resolution in kodi0